Monday, December 5, 2011

Band concert, craft day, decorating and the tea room!

Busy, Busy, Busy!!!! I bet so many of you are feeling this way this time of year. I can't believe it's already the 5th of December! The time is flying by!

Last week Hayley had her senior band concert playing her flute. She looked so grown up in her new outfit...


I just love this shot...for me there was no one else there but my Hayley.... I am so proud of how hard she works in school and practices her flute and balances her activities including the YMCA. Wonderful job my beautiful girl! :-)

I also volunteered last week to help with craft day in Hayley's classroom. We had a great time and I was able to bring Kathleen when she was dismissed from morning Kindergarten.


Kathleen was super excited they had extras and she could participate too!


The kids were also given lots of sugar....lol.....


Yup....this cupcake decorating had some help... Kathleen just couldn't contain her excitement!!

And yes....she ate the whole thing!!!

She was given a beautiful dress coat and wore it over the weekend to go see Santa!


Sunday Jerry pulled out the lights and outdoor decorations.....



While Jerry was hard at work, the girls were dressed and ready to go to the tea room to see Mrs. Claus with me. :-)

Hayley and I have done this 3 years in a row and it's Kathleen's second with us. I really enjoy this time together and I know they do too.


Mrs. Claus had them write letters to Santa.....


Kathleen was in a seat that had a little story behind it....a deer had jumped through and broken the window and shutter that was there earlier in the week. The window pane was replaced but not the shutter yet....so we did end up scooting Kathleen around away from the direct sunlight. :-)

Enjoying their hot cocoa with special snowman marshmallows! :-)


The girls with Mrs. Claus.....

What a memorable day with my girls!

What have you been up to this week?

Blessings,
Jill

12 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

Haylee looks so grown up at the bad concert and in her classroom. Didn't I see a touch of makeup too? You're gonna be mother to a teen before you can blink!

Girls go to the TeaRoom while Dad decorates the yard - I love how you operate!! ;-)

kristi said...

Looks fun!!

McVal said...

How fun!!! Love the decor and your beautiful girls outfits!
My 11 year old had her school concert last night and she and her dad went to buy her an ugly Christmas sweater because they are SO in right now! But it's actually pretty cool looking instead...

Tara said...

Oh, that tea room looks delightful, I'd love to do that! Your girls look lovely all dressed up! Happy Christmas memory making, tara

Olives and Pickles said...

My dear bloggy friend, your fanily is adorable! I mean it! I watched the video days ago and I ended crying for the happiness of your girls.what a sweet moment.
You are set up for Christmas looks like, I need to work on that this week myself, I haven't been feeling good lately and not too much energy left for Christmas decoration.
Looks like you guys are having so much fun.
Keep the cool things up good mama.
Big hugs
Patty

Julie said...

Love it Jill. In just the year I've gotten to "know" you your girls have grown up so much. Thank you for sharing your lives with us.
Take care and have a blessed evening.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Jill,
Oh Haylee looks so grown up and gorgeous in her pretty outfit for the concert. Love that pic. It brings back memories of my son when he was in band and played the trumpet. So many concerts and holiday joys.
How fun at the tea room. Love the precious dresses on the girls and the sweet pics enjoying hot chocolate.
I bet your home is decorated so festive for Christmas. Lots of fun you are enjoying and what a blessing and gift.

Thank you for sharing your precious memories.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Jessa Irene said...

What a sweet post. Wonderful memories! Just beautiful.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I so wish my Hailey and I could join you for tea. How fun is that? Love the blue dress coat, too :)

Erin said...

Your girls are so adorable! Love the red dresses :)

DaCraftyLady said...

lovely and what a wonderful photo with Mrs Claus..lol...I just love tea

Camille said...

What a lovely tradition Jill! Your girls will have wonderful memeories of going to that tea room with you each year. What a fun Mom you are!

Merry CHRISTmas to you and your family my friend!

Blessings,
Camille