Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Full speed ahead! :-)

My goodness another week almost has flown by and I haven't posted or visited anyone for a few days! I have catching up to do! Disney is less then a week away and so is Christmas and our activities have been in full swing! I have 4 papers to get done by this Friday and cookies and cakes to bake, my to do list is 7 pages long, no kidding :-) I'm also hosting a big Christmas Eve dinner this year and I still have a menu to plan! It's also our neighbor's birthday so I want to plan something special for him. It drives me nuts to not catch up with everyone though so I'm carving out some time to do so now and I hope to get around to visiting you all as well!

We got to observe Kathleen's dance class last Friday.

She loves to dance!!

I just had to include this picture I caught of her in the mirror, she was getting tired of me taking so many pictures and was giving us "that look" lol.


Finishing up with a Christmas tap routine! :-)

After observing we rushed home, ate a quick dinner and loaded the car to travel to my parent's house to celebrate Christmas with them.

These pictures are taken at my Mom's house, I found Kathleen's dress in Kohl's and just fell in love with it!



The girls were building a cupcake tree for dessert!

Some decorations around my Mom's house, always warm and welcoming.





Nice warm fire on a blustery, cold day....


Caught a group shot of the girls with their cousins and their cousin Amy's boyfriend. He was such a good sport. At one point they had him dressed up like a Christmas tree, but I couldn't get any clear pictures of that! LOL


Waiting patiently as their presents were being handed out :-)


We even had some cute little reindeer cupcakes to enjoy...

We opened lots of presents and made so many special memories. One in particular memory we all got a good laugh from was the coffee my niece picked out especially for Jerry.....

It's called Jamaica Me Crazy! LOL We all had a great laugh about this one!
I took many more pictures but wanted to just include a few this time. On the way home Kathleen was worn out!

Hayley held out for awhile enjoying her music and her new hat! :-)

Notice the overloaded back seat? LOL Good things the dogs are staying with my parents when we go away I don't know how we would have fit everything in the van!

Yesterday I received a lovely card and gift from one of my dear blogging friends, Patti.

We met last year and have formed a lasting relationship. I feel so blessed to have met her and gotten the chance to know her better. Thank you so much my dear friend! I greatly treasure our friendship! Patti has two wonderful blogs, one she writes incredible reviews of old movies she's watched. If you get a chance stop by and say hello to her, she's quite a sweetheart!

Well I'm off to get baking and packing and working on my 7 page to do list! Funny, it seems to be growing and not shrinking. Oh, our basement is dried out and the insurance guy was here today to process the claim so hopefully after vacation we'll get that all back in order! Have a fabulous week and I'll be by to visit you all soon!! :-)

Blessings,
Jill

14 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

Your weekend was much like ours - traveling and
"Christmas-ing"! The difference is I DO NOT have a 7 pg "To Do" list, but if anyone can do it all, you're the one!
Loved Kathleen's dress and Hayley's sweater. Hayley is looking so grown up lately!!
Merry Christmas!

Jenny said...

Good luck tackling that list! I was missing you, I thought maybe the flood had gotten the best of you. LOL! Hope you have a Merry Christmas.

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

HI Jill,

You have all sorts of fun things happening ;) :) Happy, Merry Christmas to you and your family :) Patti is pretty awesome :) I love reading her movie reviews, too :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

Patti said...

What great photos! Of course, your girls are SO photogenic, so maybe even I (non-camera gal that I am) could get some great photos!!

Yes, Kathleen's dress is adorable. And so is Hayley's sweater. They are definitely nice and festive!

It's so nice that your parents live close enough that you can celebrate Christmas (and other holidays with them). One thing I've learned through the years is that holidays are very lonely living away from family!!

You are more than welcome for the gift. I just wanted to surprise you with a little something, and since I know making your home a welcoming haven for your family and friends is SO your heart, I thought it was a perfect book for you. I, too, am glad for our friendship.

Have a wonderful trip. Have I told you that I'm envious! I love Disney World!!! Actually, I love Florida period!

I will look forward to seeing photos when you return.

Love,
Patti

Angie Berry said...

Whew! Full speed ahead for sure! Girl, remember to take a breather, relax, and enjoy this time of year! Especially enjoy that Disney vacation! =]

Merry Christmas~

Heather said...

Merry Christmas Jill ~Have a great time at Disney!! Great pictures looks like your having a wonderful Holiday the girls look so cute. ~Love Heather

Tara said...

What a lovely house your mother has! Great memeories! Hope today is a super productive day for you! Enjoy, tara

Mark said...

Kathleen is such a beauty. I think she has your eyes.
And I'm hoping that one day, your Mom will give me that huge farm table. It doesn't hurt to ask!
Your Friend, m.

Kerri said...

I love your mom's big table by the fireplace!! Kathleen's dress is adorable. Great pics of the girls together. I hope you get everything done...your list is pretty long!

SonyaAnn said...

I love the "look" picture!!!
You and McVal never seem to stop. My prayer for you today is that your list shrinks!
Have a Merry Christmas!

McVal said...

LOL! My kids aren't the only ones that give their parents "that look"??! I've got a few of those myself...
Looks like a great time at Grandmas!

Heather said...

Hi Jill! Thanks for stopping by my blog. You becoming a follower is like an early Christmas gift for me! Thank you!

Christmas is a busy time of year, and seven pages of to do's is a lot!! Hope all goes well! Happy holidays!

Julie said...

Oh I so love you sharing your pictures. It is so awesome watching the girls grow up and to see Jerry too. A bit more Jill would be nice too. :)
My list isn't 7 pages but it's 4 all before Friday. UGH!!! Well I have gotten to the point I'll get down what I can and what I can't well the party will survive, the kids will survive and so will I.
Have a great evening. Blessings my friend!!

Sheila said...

Jill,
I hope you, Jerry and the girls have a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful, happy and healthy new year. I just love "that look" on Kathleen's face--too cute! Love Hayley's sweater and Kathleen's dress. Take care.