Thursday, December 22, 2011

Gingerbread fun and a holiday/vacation break :-)

My whirlwind is not slowing down, so I just wanted to touch base before the holidays arrive. The other day I was able to volunteer at Kathleen's school making Gingerbread houses. I dressed her up before we left in her little snowman dress.

Their candy selection was out of this world for decorating! LOL But at least these were not for eating :-)

Kathleen had a grand time decorating!


She had so much icing and candy on it her walls started sliding down... :-)


A masterpiece! These were displayed in the school library and I got to bring hers home today.
I love these moments I get to spend with my girls. Wouldn't change it for anything.

At Kathleen's dance school they sponsor local children for the holidays and we purchased several wish gifts for a little girl diagnosed with brain cancer. They don't expect her to have another Christmas and she is 6 years old. Just breaks my heart and every day I give thanks for the health and happiness of my children. I am so very thankful to have the blessing of staying home and raising them, for the riches we have in our love is worth far more to me than anything else.

I Want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful, healthy, happy New Year! I'm going on a little break until after we come home from Disney as I just need to get so much done before we leave on Christmas. :-) I will have lots to catch up on when we get back. Lots and lots of pictures to share! I will visit and catch up with all of you in January! :-)

Wishing you all many, many blessings this holiday season!!!

Jill


12-2010 Last Christmas..... We will be missing you so much these year our faithful Sally dog...

15 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

I think it should be a mandate that all we girls have a Snowman Dress like Kathleen's! How cute would we all be?!! Loved it. Tell Mickey "Hello".
Travel safely and have a Merry Christmas!

Mark said...

Have a very Merry Christmas, Friend.
mark

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

HI Jill,

Gingerbread houses are so much fun to decorate ;) :) K. looks fab in her dress and your tree is decorated beautifully. Happy CHRISTmas to you and your family :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

Kerri said...

I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas! Have a wonderful time at Disney!!

Heather said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family, my new blog friend!

McVal said...

I LOVE HER GINGERBREAD HOUSE!
And that is so sad about that little girl! I'll pray for her.
Have a wonderful Christmas!

Cherie said...

She is an adorable girl and looks so cute and Christmassy in her snowman dress!!
What fun to make gingerbread houses as a class and what a great mom you are to volunteer to help!!

The whirlwind doesn't seem to end till the day is here does it!

Have a Merry Christmas!!

Julie said...

Have a very Merry Christmas my friend. Blessings to you and yours.

Victorian1885 said...

May the magic & wonder of the Season amaze you.. Merry Christmas to you & your Family!

Wanda

Karen said...

Merry Christmas Jill.. so sorry it has been so long since I have stopped by to say hello..but if you visit me you will see why.. it looks like you and your family had a blessed christmas.. Yeah!!!! so glad you are doing well and smiling as always..luv ya..talk to ya again real soon

Lynn said...

I never have made a gingerbread house that looks like so much fun, safe travels to you and family :o)

Camille said...

I'm sure you are having a wonderful time away with your precious family! ENJOY!!!

Happiest of New Years to you Jill!

Many Blessings,
Camille

Along A Widowed Road said...

Hi Jill,
I've yet to post the pics of Savannah's Gingerbread house. What fun?
I love Kathleen's cute lil dress. I still cherish dressing Savannah in lil dresses.

Hope your Christmas was a beautiful one.

Viola

Jessa Irene said...

Such a pretty tree, and photo of your little one. We have made those gingerbread houses, lots of fun :) Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year!

A Primitive Homestead said...

Wishing you & your family a Happy New Year. Blessings!
Lara