Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Keeping busy!

The basement has certainly given us some extra to keep busy with and how quickly the week is flying by!
Coming down our basement stairs we are now greeted with this sight.

Ugh, thank goodness for our dehumidifier...

It's been running pretty hard trying to get the water out!

Torn up carpets everywhere....



Elvis has decided hiding on the stairs to be a safer place to stay!


Our neighbor brought his trailer down so we could fill it, he owns a landscaping company so that has really helped us. We are still waiting for insurance to do their part. Meanwhile I've been taking a ton of pictures to document everything.


On a little lighter note...Hayley finished her Tipi for her American Girl dolls. She did an awesome job :-)



So since we had the trailer Jerry decided to fix our ceiling that got damaged last year when Hayley left the curtain out of the shower and all the water came through :-) Never a dull moment here... so my poor house is in disarray!

The beginning.....


The mess is growing....aaagghh!


We dried it out well so luckily there was no damage inside.


Doesn't he look just a little too happy? LOL, I think he enjoys tearing things apart and fixing them. He's always looking for a new project to do!

This process is really hard on a neat freak, type A personality... (that would be me not him, lol!)

Thought I'd take a picture of the watercolor painting my mom did of our home when we moved in. She has done this for each house we live in. :-)


Monday Kathleen was home sick with a fever so Owen was sure to comfort her.


When Hayley and I walked out to the bus stop we saw this....

They are always overhead and many times land in our yards!

Always a neat thing to see though :-)

So as you can see we've been busy here. Hayley has had 3 chorus and vocal ensemble shows. Trying to plan for the holidays and prepare for a trip to my parents this weekend, getting ready for Disney World, volunteering at the girl's school, my schoolwork, basement and house projects, plus general cleaning, planning menus, my list goes on and on! LOL

How about you? Feeling the crunch of the holiday season yet? What is on your priority lists? ;-) I was planning to share holiday crafts and baking but trying to find the extra time! Maybe come January I'll sleep again? LOL

Enjoy the rest of the week!

Blessings,
Jill

13 comments:

Olives and Pickles said...

Hi Jill
Love the header!!
My goodness, I am glad I'm not the only one with a husband "pretending to be the contractor" : ) .Preston is working on big projects at the house and I can't wait for him to be done with it.But seems like he is so into it that keeps planing to do more and more.lol.
Thanks you for your kind comments.
Hope sweet Kathleen is feeling better. Your girs are getting so big so quick! I am glad you are enjoying them as much as you do.
Have fun guys.
Patty

Mark said...

Jill, seriously, tell Jerry to not walk on the counter like that. First, eww, that's gross! But more importantly, that counter's gonna snap. And you're too young to be a rich widow. Unless that's your plan and you told him that the counter was strong. I'm starting to see the whole picture now. You're so clever!
I'm not saying that this is your house, but have you ever seen The Money Pit with Tom Hanks? Well, maybe you shouldn't watch it.
m.

Sheila said...

Jill,
I'm so sorry to read about the flood. I so wish we had a basement then I remember the times our sump pump stopped working in PA!! Jerry reminds me of Kevin--always thinking of the next project. Love the watercolor from your mom. Your girls never fail to make me smile. I hope Kathleen is feeling better--and Hayley looks so grown up lately--where does the time go? I hope y'all have a wonderful Christmas. Take care.

Kerri said...

Hayley made that tipi? Awesome job! And I love the painting your mom did! What a wonderful special keepsake to always have. Sorry about your basement...that stinks especially this time of year. So many people in our area have water damage in the basement. I was happy to see that your neighbor has a pequea trailor...that's where my husband works!

Julie Harward said...

Hi Jill...so sad about the basement, that is the worst! Yes, your hubby does look a bit happy about all this work, crazy man! It is so busy but this year I have really simplified everything and am enjoying it all so much. Have a wonderful December. :D

Sweet Tea said...

I guess there's never a "good" time for things like a FLOOD, but it must be especially stressful now. YIKES!! That Jerry is one worker of a husband. Busy. Busy. Busy. You guys are a hard-working team. I don't believe I know anyone who is busier than you two at the moment!!

Tara said...

Oh my!!!! You sure are all keeping busy! Sorry about the flood. That's awful! I just showed my husband the pictures of your's redoing the kitchen ceiling. That's on our list too! I just dread the mess and he dreads the whole project! You must be glad that it's done! Keep thinking about Disney.. that'll get you through!

Heather said...

HA your hubby does seem quite excited about tearing the ceiling down lol!! but really what a blessing he can fix it.....more and more men now a days really do not know how to do any of these things. My hubby is quite handy as well and that is just so helpful when you own a home. Well the basement is coming along also...Hope Kathleen feels better the Tipi is wonderful did Hayley use a pattern? I know Anna would love to make something like that for her dolls as well. Have a Fantastic Holiday and Enjoy your time together ....I am sure Disney will be so much fun!! ~Love Heather

Julie said...

I am feeling the crunch and not sure how to use my time better, I can't fit anymore in my day but I need to get to some sewing and gift wrapping and a few more gifts to bake. I'll do what I can.
I'm glad you're getting your basement cleaned up, it has happened here too and it's such a mess. My hubby is handy also so it does help lots except me wanting to keep things cleaned and him just messing...I sure do understand.
Take care and have a blessed rest of the week.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I am so sorry to hear about your basement! That really stinks! That tepee is super cute. Your husband and mine would get along so well ;) I have much to do to get ready for Christmas, but I'm determined not to stress about it and just enjoy the family time. Whatever we get done, we get done. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs, Jackie

Mama Hen said...

Oh goodness you have been dealing with quite a bit. I am sorry Kathleen was home with a fever. I hope she is well for the weekend. The tipi (sp?) is wonderful! I hope you are well. Hang in there!

Mama Hen

McVal said...

Oh you poor woman! My son did that once with the shower curtain and suddenly I noticed it raining in the front hall closet and bathroom... AAAIIEIEEEE!

Nezzy said...

It's always messiest before the completion...or somethin' like that! Heeehehehe!!!

Your little Hayley did a bang up job on the teepee and I hope your little Kathleen is feelin' better by now.

Good luck on the reconstruction.

God bless and have a fabulous day sweetie!!! :o0