Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Book Review: Wonderland Creek by Lynn Austin


Wonderland Creek is a great book to get wrapped up in and enjoy the adventure! Alice, the main character in the book is an avid book worm and loses herself in the stories she reads. By doing this she lets real life and real opportunities pass her by. She comes from a privileged family and the story takes place at the time of the depression.
When Alice decides to donate some books to a disadvantaged town she could never have imagined the adventures and mystery she would get herself wrapped up into. Things that would happen to her that go beyond the basic plot in a book and she finds herself with very little time to read at all.
She learns a great deal about herself and life and what challenges build a person's character. There are a few men that cross her path but is she willing to open her heart and let them in?
The book is well written and has an easy flow to it, while not overly gripping I did find myself eager to read on and find out what happens to Alice and other characters in the book. It is also a novel to remind the reader to appreciate what they have in life and how easily it can all be taken away.
This is the first time I have read a book by this particular author and I'm hoping to read more of her books.

I received this book for free from Bethany House Publishing in exchange for my honest opinion of the book.
The views and opinions are solely my own and were in no way influenced.

Blessings,
Jill

1 comment:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I love, love, love Lynn Austin! This was a great book. I also really liked Her latest book about the reconstruction of the South called, "All Things New". I couldn't put it down!