Friday, March 16, 2012

Recipe, St. Patty's school party and more

Loving the signs of Spring I'm starting to see in our yard! This is certainly not the norm for March here.
Buds just coming out on our trees out front....


A few daffodils blooming, so pretty just puts a smile on my face in the mornings :-)


Made a yummy meal the other night....Farfalle with shrimp and pesto mixed together.

Ingredients:

1/8 tsp salt for cooking pasta
2 cups fresh basil! (Love using the leaves from my plant growing so well in my windowsill)
6 Tbsp water
3 Tbsp Parmesan shredded cheese
2 Tbsp chopped walnuts
4 tsp olive oil divided
3 cloves of fresh garlic (2 whole, 1 minced)
1 1/2 tsp lemon zest, raw freshly grated
1/4 tsp salt
8 oz farfalle pasta (bowtie)
8 oz raw shrimp about 8 extra large, peeled, deveined
1 cup grape tomatoes cut in half

1. Bring salted water to a boil for pasta to cook
2. In food processor add basil, water, cheese, walnuts, 1 tablespoon oil, 2 whole garlic cloves, zest and salt until finely minced, set aside


3. Cut tomatoes in halves.


4. While pasta is almost completely softened, heat remaining oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp stirring and then add tomatoes and minced garlic. Saute until shrimp is just cooked through and tomatoes begin to soften.


Drain pasta and add to skillet with shrimp mixture. After you remove pan from heat add the pesto and mix together.

Enjoy!

Kathleen wanted the dogs to smile when they went to eat their food so she did this to their bowls...LOL




I'm pretty sure I saw them smile :-)

Wanted to share this picture I took of Hayley's Valentine bag she made. She loves the game on her IPOD called cut the rope. So she took the idea and made it say: feed me Valentines :-) Too cute!


Had a great morning going in to volunteer at Kathleen's school for their St. Patrick's day party.


They just came in from outside and realized the leprechaun's had been in their room! Kathleen was so excited to see coins she couldn't even take her jacket off first!


One of the parents made Irish potatoes, really a sweet candy, so good! I know she used a stick of butter,  8 oz cream cheese, 10 cups of powered sugar, some coconut and then cinnamon to roll them in.
The kids loved them, but a warning they were very sweet!! :-)


As you can tell she enjoyed herself :-)

When we got home she opened her folder and was super excited to get her invitation to the Kindergarten ball in April!!!


As you can guess... it will be a beach theme! :-)

We also received a package from our electric company. About a month ago they sent me a survey on how I saved money in our home and in return they would sent us a thank you gift for participating. I was quite surprised to open the box and see all this stuff!


Light bulbs (CFL) power strip, nightlights....not a bad gift for a survey! Well worth it! :-)

But now a secret......


Today at the party I had them do a craft (Kathleen is holding) They glued on a pot, added gold (stickers-I used yard sale round stickers and colored them with a gold marker) Then they designed their rainbow and could add to their picture like sun, clouds etc (I left my example there :-(  ) Then they wrote in MY WISH IS: and Kathleen's was to catch the Leprechauns at our house this year!
So she can't share her secret of her trap for the Leprechaun because she'll be "catching" him tomorrow! ;-)

Stay tuned.....

Have a great weekend! Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Blessings,
Jill














9 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

*smiling*
Love the smiling dog food! lol

Sounds like great fun at the party today, but it will pale in comparison with catching leprauchans!

Annie said...

Kindergarten ball? What a cute idea!

The shrimp recipe looks really good, too. I'm going to bookmark it.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I love anything shrimp and anything with basil, sounds like an awesome recipe! Happy St. Patrick's Day to you guys :) Hope you all have a wonderful day :)

Kris said...

What a cute craft. Your recipe looks good. i love that your daughter wanted the dogs to smile!!!

KERRY said...

Lots of fun around your place by the sounds of it :) I'm sure the dogs were very happy with their smiley face treat!!
And yay for Spring! My fave season!!
Enjoy your week :)

Camille said...

What fun you and your girls have Jill. :) I don't even think my children knew it was St. Patrick's Day...sad, but true.

Blessings to you!
Camille

McVal said...

We had a St Patty's Day feast too! Those trees budding makes me cabin feverish... I need to get outside.

Nezzy said...

I bet the dogs did 'smile'....Cute, Cute post sweetie!

I'm so happy that little redheaded princess Kathleen found her pot~o~gold in the end!!!

Fun!

God bless and ya'll have a grand week!!!! :o)

Gina said...

Hi Jill. What wonderful St. Patrick's Day ideas! Looks like a lot of fun.

Have a lovely evening,

Gina