Friday, March 30, 2012

Remembering Patrick March 5, 1972 to April 1, 2011

This is not an easy post and I will be pretty quiet on here and Facebook throughout the rest of the weekend.


Those of you who are regular followers of my blog know I lost my brother- in -law tragically last year on April 1st.

This week has been especially hard with the 1 year anniversary of his death approaching this Sunday. It does not even seem possible that an entire year has gone by. So much he has missed and how much we miss him.

We are planning to be with family this weekend as we try to cope all together. April 1st will never be the same for our family. We will not be playing jokes or pranks... we will be grieving and remembering.....

Today's post is for our family and friends to remember Patrick's life.....as a child, a teen, a dad and more. A place for family to remember the good times and leave with good memories. If you are a family member reading this and feel comfortable...please leave your favorite memories of Patrick in the comments below.

This is a post where I could say so much....but will let the pictures speak for themselves.
So much I am just not able to post......


Here is Patrick (blue shirt) with sister Susan and brothers Garry and Jerry.


Patrick on the left and the "gang"  :-)


Patrick (second from left) again with brothers and friends.


Wow, this picture really takes me back.... Corina, Patrick, Cheryl (Garry's first wife) and Jerry and I when we first started dating. So I have known Patrick for more than half my life, making him more of a brother than most realized.


Lots of memories on this camping trip.... how about that camcorder? LOL We were so excited to film our own movies on VHS and now I am so thankful for those treasured tapes of him.




Good times....


Here he is in my best friend's wedding...



Another wedding, he always seemed to catch the garter....lol



Our wedding photos...


Brothers.... always by each other's sides...




He is smiling so big here because he is waiting for us to walk by...he then dumps an entire box lid of bird seed over my head....lol....I swear I was finding bird seed for days... :-)


Full of life, laughter, fun and mischief too :-) ...

Becoming a dad for the first time....



Very proud daddy!



Patrick welcomed his second wife's son from a previous marriage and raised him as his own. Dex loved Patrick so much.




So many more pictures I could add, his older daughter is now a teenager and I didn't want to post her picture online without consent, but she is loved and treasured very much and I hope she will always know that.

I have always been one to take pictures of everything, long before blogging ever came along and everyone would be like stop taking my picture! But you know what? I don't regret it, not one single bit. It has captured special memories that I will always treasure.


Last photo of Jerry with Patrick and last picture of the three of them together.



Here he is with his dad Joe and his sister Susanna
So many family members and friends missing him dearly...





I found a funny video from when we were teenagers last night and I wanted to add the link. It was Jerry and Patrick trying to run inside a large wooden "hamster" wheel when we went camping. It was so good to hear his voice again and see his smiling face. However you tube is not showing the video link here yet so I will try to post it separately a bit later in the weekend.

Lots of good memories came flooding back last night through the videos and how we were certainly treasure them.

Hug your loved ones extra tight and never miss an opportunity to say I love you.

Rest in Peace Patrick.....we certainly miss you, gone way too soon.


Blessings,
Jill






























8 comments:

McVal said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart goes with you guys this weekend.

Aunt B said...

My condolences on your loss. I'm sure Patrick's loved ones are grateful for these wonderful pictures. It's a blessing to have so many happy memories to share.

Nezzy said...

Oh sweetie, these anniversaries are hard. I can tell by your words that Patrick was a remarkable man who was loved greatly.

I'm so sorry. I'm sendin' ya some big old hugs and prayers sweetie.

God bless and have a beautiful weekend my friend! :o)

Patti said...

Really great photos of a man who meant so much to you all.

Love and prayers for your family as you continue to grieve such a devastating loss.

Love,
Patti

Genn said...

losing loved ones is always so very hard.

thinking of your family jill.



you asked about the farm fresh deliveries... i think if they do not offer in your area, there are lots of other farms doing this now. you can probably google search and find a few. hope that helps!

Along A Widowed Road said...

Hi Jill,
I remember last year when I read your post about losing Patrick. So very sorry for your families pain and going through the grief process.

God bless, Viola

Julie said...

It's been a year already? It just seems like last year when you shared Patrick with us. I am so sorry for all the pain and grief you are all going through. My prayers for you and your family.
Blessings my friend!!

Heather said...

Praying for your family....wonderful tribute ...so great you have all the photos and video... So sorry for your families loss it does seem like a year has passed by so quickly xx Love Heather