Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Catching up

Happy Tuesday!! :-)

We had a whirlwind weekend, now back to a busy week and preparing to celebrate Easter, as I am hosting it this year. The one good thing of traveling this weekend was getting to spend time with family and friends.

Jerry and his brother and friend Paul went to a fishing tournament Saturday in memory of Patrick. Patrick had always gone every year.





This is a boat they saw while fishing :-)

They didn't catch anything that day of their own so they asked someone if they could just hold up his fish for a picture! LOL


Jerry, Paul and Garry

Meanwhile the girls and I were having fun :-)


 The girls love going to my parent's house to have a good time. One of their favorite things to do is take over Nana's craft room!


The smile says it all! LOL

Before we left to travel we stopped by the Science fair and were ecstatic to see Hayley won first place for her report on McDonald's food and the chemicals inside.


We could not be more proud of her and all the hard work and time she put into it! Great job Hayley!!


Bella seemed to settle right in at Mom and Dad's house.... here she is with their dog Sarah.


The girls got to spend time with their cousin Neve and really had a great time!


They made a huge fort in the dining room...



Complete with tea party and jelly beans, etc. LOL


Kathleen on her way out being silly....see the green jelly bean in her teeth? LOL


The one day before I left I kissed Neve on the cheek, she was so excited and happy...she told me she was never washing it off! :-)

We always take some time to enjoy the beauty at my parent's home.





Just so peaceful and calming to walk around the yard.


Having fun making bouquets of pretty weeds :-)



My dad had a tree that needed straightening so with a rope and help from our friend Chip and his son they worked together to get it pulled up and tied so it can grow strong!




You can see my dad's big smile here. Not often he has extra help around the yard and 5 acres is a lot to care for, especially after the ice storm took out so many of his trees. There are still many limbs down around the yard.


A final strong pull....


I do believe this tree has a chance :-)


The girls stayed busy swinging, while the guys were working with the tree and I just kept snapping pictures :-)













Nana with the girls and their pretty purple flowers :-)



Getting the van all loaded up and ready to head home.....

Kathleen needing to pick a few more flowers to take along....






Hope you all have an amazing week ahead!!


"The quality, not the longevity, of one's life is what is important"  ---Martin Luther King Jr.

Blessings,

Jill








































15 comments:

Mark said...

I could totally live at your Mom's place. First, she got that table which you know I love. And now, you tell me that she has 5 acres. That's the life! Except I'd need to hire your Dad to take care of everything.
The girls and your Mom look great. Love their flowers. Here's a song for your Mom. m.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxRYMiitmho

Kris said...

Dear Jill,
I have been so busy with preparing for Easter here at our home, that I am way behind on visiting my blogging friends. I came by this morning for a visit, and read that you had taken a little trip away, and then went back to another post I missed, and read that you had a terrible loss this time last year. I didn't know you then, and had no idea. I am so sorry for your loss. I read that post about Patrick and cried. The pain of losing someone close to you is so unbearable, and yet we must bear it. My husband lost his brother when they were teens. Though I did not know him, I know the pain it brought to his family, and the love they all feel for him. I am so very sorry.
And before I go...you tell Hayley...WAY TO GO on her Science Fair project!!!! Good for her!!!
Loved the fort pictures too. Our kids used to do that all the time, and now the grands do it!
Hugs to you my friend.
Kris

Heather said...

Wow Hayley Congratulations how awesome!! Great Job at the Science Fair...Mom show some more pictures of her project I would love to see some more details please :) ....unless you did already and I missed it hehehe...Great photos from the weekend ~Enjoy your Easter with family ~Love Heather

McVal said...

wOW! What a review! Congratulations to Hayley on that Science project ribbon!!!

Annie said...

So many great pictures! Thanks for sharing them. :)

Sweet Tea said...

So good that you got to visit with your parents. We are the ones who always must make the drive to see our Grands. I would love for them to come see US. I miss that...Great photos!!

Tara said...

Dear Hayley,

Congratulations on your award at the Science Fair!!! What an amazing project you did... I'm sure that so many people learned from your hard work! Congratulations on a job well done! tara

Hi Jill~ I've been so out of the loop lately and just saw TODAY that whole blog award thing.... sosososososo sorry! Can I still answer the questions? So much for a blog award :~

Julie Harward said...

So good for families to get together...and that is the biggest fort I have ever see! LOL ;)

Lisa B. said...

Thanks for sharing so many great photos. Hope your Easter dinner is fabulous.

Simone said...

Your mom has a craft room? So cool! Your parents home is gorgeous. I love the trees and flowers. I can't imagine what I would do with so much space.

Sheila said...

Congratulations to Hayley for her science fair win!! Way to go!! I'm so glad y'all are able to visit your parents and family. I still remember visiting my Ma-Maw and Pa-Paw like that. I'm glad Jerry got to spend time with his brother and friend at such a sad time. As always, your girls make me smile. I hope y'all have a great week. Take care.

Beloved's Bride said...

Fabulous pictures! Spring is in the air isn't it? Lovely flowers picking time. My girls would join right in.

Congrats to first place with the Science Project. Well done! So exciting. I bet she was so proud too.

OH, what else did I want to say, such a wonderful update I can't remember all I wanted to type, Jill. I have Pregnancy brain I guess!

Hugs.

KERRY said...

Oh wow it looks so lovely there, nothing like getting back to nature! That purple tree is beautiful and it always looks like your girls have so much fun there!!
Have a wonderful Easter with your family Jill xo

Megan said...

You guys are busy! Good luck hosting Easter!

Nicolle said...

Your nature pictures are gorgeous!

Thank you for your kind comment the other day. It means a lot to have friends out there who get it, and also help lift me up. I appreciate your sweet spirit.
xo.