Sunday, April 22, 2012

Earth Day 2012

Earth day....celebrated April 22 each year officially, but a day we should all be celebrating daily. We make as many positive changes as we can in our home to help the environment. Teaching the kids young sets them up for a lifetime of great habits later.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not!"  --Dr. Seuss

I thought I would list a few resources for you to check through the wealth of information that they provide.

Earth 911

Earth Day

50 ways to help

These are just a couple of my favorite sites to recommend to get others involved in making positive changes that will benefit all of us. :-)

"There is hope if people will begin to awaken that spiritual part of themselves, that heartfelt knowledge that we are caretakers of this planet"   ---Brooke Medicine Eagle

We like to plant trees on earth day and add to our flower gardens and talk to the girls about all the ways they can make a positive difference. Recycling is very big in our house and another way to recycle and start your seedlings is to use K-cups over again. After you brew the coffee, tea or whatever beverage you choose, simply rinse out the cup and dry, then add soil and your seeds. The small hole in the bottom allows drainage for the water as needed. Give it some time and watch your seeds come alive!

                                                           Happy Earth Day....Everyday! :-)


 I am currently trying to rest my ankle, yesterday while walking up to a yard sale I twisted my ankle and fell. I'm a bit frustrated because I need to exercise daily and right now it's too painful to do anything. :-( Hoping it heals quickly and I won't need to get x-rays, I have a very busy week ahead! no time to rest!! LOL

                                                               Have a wonderful day!!!!

                                                                        Blessings,
                                                                           Jill


6 comments:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

HI Jill,

Thanks for the links!!! Ouch, sorry about your ankle. Maybe you could do some really gentle leg lifts or something like that? It will at least keep your legs moving and active!!! Take care of yourself!!!

Now while you were risking life and limb at the garage sale, did you find any good deals?

Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :) :) :)

Annie said...

We didn't really do anything special to observe Earth Day, but we do things daily. We are avid recyclers and re-users.

Sorry to hear about your ankle. I hope it mends soon!

A Primitive Homestead said...

I have very little that goes to the trash man these days do to recycle. I hope to do away with even more by canning in more mason jars this year. I am trusting God for a good harvest. My seedlings are growing inside my mini greenhouse still. Planting fruit trees lately. Adding to the oxygen & future healthy ffood source. So sorry to hear of your twisted ankle. Prayer for healing & fast. I know your a busy gal. Blessings!
Lara

Nicolle said...

When I see people litter, I think about our beautiful planet and how people are destroying it. I wish more people were aware and wanted to do something about it.

So sorry about your ankle! Get well soon.

Jenny said...

Thanks for the ideas. We are always trying to be more ecofriendly at my house. I hope your ankle heals quickly.

The Momma said...

Hi Jill!

I'm your newest follower!

Thanks so much for the links, I am going to go read them now. Love the idea of planting trees on Earth Day!

Hope the ankle feels better soon!