Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter recap

We had a lovely Easter this year, we celebrated on Saturday also since my sister and brother in law live a good distance away and had to be back to work on Monday. I had to chuckle over this first outfit Kathleen chose for Easter....


                            So I sent her back up and this time she came down in this dress. :-)


Bella was enjoying the warmth from the sunlight through the window while we bustled around to get things done.


                                                     The preparations were coming together...






                            For my Mom and sister's setting I added a Spring time scented soap :-)


            I had to take these pictures of my Dad helping to cut up the potatoes for my Mom. Notice his

                                                               choice of tool to cut? LOL.


                               Even Kathleen has that look like what in the world Pop Pop! LOL



                                                            Needless to say....it worked!


Some of the food on the table......

The girls always like to dress up after dinner and I just loved this outfit on Neve :-)


Here are the girls getting ready to go out for their egg hunt!

Kathleen insisted on wearing her "devil" horns....hmmmm sometimes with 6 year olds you just don't argue!

My parent's 16 year old dog Sarah was following them around looking for eggs :-)


It may not have been my parent's house with the 5 acres this year, but they still had fun!


Then they had the idea to hide eggs for Jerry, me, Kim and Brent.... those little stinkers buried them in mulch, flower pots, mole holes, etc.! LOL Needless to say we took a lot longer to find them and some were just empty eggs! 

Jerry was ready to go with his basket on his head! LOL (actually Kathleen's, but hey whatever works) :-)


Easter morning is always bustling with excitement as the Easter bunny leaves eggs outside their room to get the big hunt started!







A little later after a big breakfast Jerry went out to mix up some concrete to start putting up a few more fence posts.

 

                        I cannot wait till these projects are done!! looks like a busy weekend ahead!

                                 Kathleen worked on her suntan courtesy of our skylights...... LOL


                                The girls decorated some gourds..... these make great bird houses!


Then before my parents left to head back home we took some time for a few pictures. Hayley and I both had our hair cut the other day, and I'm happy to have my bangs back!!! LOL So here is a rarity...some pictures of me :-)  Usually I'm always behind the camera :-)




If you haven't already be sure to stop by my mom's blog and say hi! She's getting the hang of it and enjoys     meeting new people and sharing new ideas!! You can visit her at her blog Taking the Time.

                                                                Have a wonderful day!!

                                                                          Blessings,

                                                                               Jill

16 comments:

McVal said...

:) Your kids are so fun! Looks like an awesome day!

Kris said...

What fun photos!!! I love the expressions on Kathleen! That first outfit is darling! I loved her horns too!! And love the photos of you and the girls with your parents!!!!
Love them!!!
XO Kris

KERRY said...

Looks like a great Easter at your house! Lots of yummy food and cute little table settings :)
Your kids have a great yard for egg hunting, how do you ever remember where they are?
I bet they loved all of their Easter goodies, and spending time with family.
Your new hair style is lovely btw, and your daughter's too. Very nice!!

Heather said...

Great Pictures!! Looks like a fantastic Easter! we are still down and out and sick we kind of had to skip over festivities in our house. The girls are so cute love Kathleen's choice of fashion ;) and her suntanning plan looks fantastic I think I would like to join her! and Hayley looks so pretty did she get her hair done recently ~Lovely family shots!! you look very pretty as well:) Love Heather

Sheila said...

It looks like y'all had a wonderful Easter. I love Hayley's hair--and yours too!! I can't get over how my Hayley looks like you and your mom. Kathleen always makes me smile--she must be a joy to have around. Looking forward to seeing more of the backyard project. Hope y'all have a wonderful week. Take care.

Along A Widowed Road said...

Hi Jill,

Your blog post today cracked me up. 1st with Kathleen and her choice of outfits. Oh how many times have I given Savannah the choice to get her clothes out and what she comes out with, Hilarious.
2nd the basket on your hubby's head. How funny is he. Great sense of humor.
The picture of your mom and dad with the kids is precious. Your older daughter is looking so mature with the haircut.
I love the idea to put a spring soap as a lil take away gift. Adorable.

Have a great rest of the week.

Viola

Beloved's Bride said...

Hey Jill.
It looks like a fabulous Easter dinner. The table setting is wonderful and I am so into those sweet little touches!

How fun that the girls hid them for you all to find too. Do you think you found all the eggs? ;)

Your project will be so nice when it is all finished. Enjoy!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Jill, What a wonderful Easter Sunday your family enjoyed together. Your dinner table looks so inviting. The egg hunt looks like so much fun had by all.
What special pics of you, your girls and parents. Love your new do's. I have to wear bangs too. When they outgrow, back they come.
Have a wonderful week and weekend.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Annie said...

Great pics! Kathleen is a riot!

Heather said...

Thanks for sharing your Easter with us! What a fun time you had with your beautiful family!

Jenny said...

Your hubby with the basket on his head is cracking me up! You look lovely, good to SEE you!

Camille said...

What fun it looks like you all had! What a pretty table setting...our little girl thought you did a good job Jill...she's looking at your blog with me today. :) Your haircut is real cute and Hayley's is beautiful too! (Please tell her I said so).

Blessings to you!
Camille

Eileen said...

Reading your blog is like riding backwards in a station wagon. You can see where we have been and what we did!! Love the time with all of you!! :-)
love mom
~Taking the Time~

Nicolle said...

Looks like a great Easter. I LOVE those cupcakes. They are adorable. I also love Kathleen's choice of outfits for Easter. That made me smile. :)

Chelle said...

Looks good. Love your table decor.

Tara said...

Hi there Jill! Good for you for getting behind the camera.. love the haircuts! Theya are very sweet pictures of your family with your parents. I'll be sure to stop by your moms blog! How cool! Have a happy night, tara