Thursday, April 5, 2012

Egg hunt, a hotel?, and basketball!

Yahoo! I finally finished my college papers for this week so other than discussion postings I am free for the holiday weekend!! :-)

What better way to start my post then with the egg hunt and party I helped with at Kathleen's school on Tuesday. Here she is with her decorated egg carton getting ready to start....

Love the expression on her face when she found her eggs :-)

Enjoying her party food!
 

Of course after we arrived home she just couldn't wait to see what was inside her eggs :-)


One of the parents sent in cute plastic cupcakes instead of eggs.


She got candy, stickers, tattoos, bubbles, a ring and a pin :-) The egg hunts are one of her favorite parts of Easter.

Since we were expecting my parents on Wednesday, the girl's wanted to turn our guest room into a "hotel"
So they decorated a bit for Easter and posted this note in the room:


A closer look at the note:


Hmmmm think those numbers will work for mommy too? ;-)

They left a pencil, crayon pen and a notebook there for them to use on the desk.
 

Bear with me....they made the bed and left the Do Not Disturb pillow on there as well. Mommy seriously wants to straighten those pillows right now, lol!


We certainly can't forget that our guests may get thirsty.... so Kathleen created a water pyramid!


Complete with flowers, a tissue box and a bible in the bed side drawer. Just like a real hotel they said :-)

Last night Jerry was given tickets to a basketball game and since my parents were in town already we decided to go! It was through his work and they of course were a company trying to get him to give them more of his business so they had us in club seating with food, etc.
We had a nice time once we finally arrived. Hit some terrible traffic due to an accident on the way up so we were a bit late.

This is the lady who gave him the tickets and me, Jerry caught us off guard so the angle and picture of me is dreadful! LOL Tomorrow I have decided to make a hair appt. and get my bangs back. I'm not a fan of long bangs for me :-)


Here Jerry is with his employee that does shipping for him and his girlfriend.


I used to love to play basketball but this is the first time I have been to a professional game.


Our seats were pretty cool :-)


She also mentioned that she could get ice hockey tickets for us sometime too :-) Now that I would love to go see! Last time I saw one was when I was in high school.

Today was a beautiful day, the girls enjoyed playing outside and Elvis our cat was enjoying watching them from our doorway. :-)


Tomorrow will be hair appts. for me and Hayley, shopping, cleaning and prepping for Easter!
What's on your lists this week?

Have a great evening!!

Blessings,
Jill
 
 
 


 

 
 
 



 


 


15 comments:

Beloved's Bride said...

Looks like a great time at the game!

Sweet Easter Egg Pictures too.

Have a great weekend!

Genn said...

Looks like a fun time at the game!

Have fun at your hair appt too. I think your hair looks cute, but bangs will look great on you also! Happy weekend. :)

McVal said...

That is so adorable that the girls made it into a hotel! Their grandparents will LOVE that!
Happy Easter!

Kris said...

Loved seeing Kathleen's egg hunt! And it is just precious the way they turned the guest bedroom into a hotel for their grandparents! Complete with numbers for room service and cleaning!!! Love it! How fun to go to the game and sit in a sky box! Have a lovely Easter friend!!!

Sheila said...

Y'all are always so busy--makes me tired just reading it all!! Kathleen looks like she is getting tall. I think your picture looks fine. Your girls are so creative. I hope y'all have the most wonderful Easter weekend. Take care.

Camille said...

Yippee for having the whole weekend off from school work! Enjoy!

And your girls always seem to be having a fabulous time...what a blessing!

Too cute that they made a hotel in your home...love the note with the numbers on it. I would give them a try and see what happens...maybe someone will answer. :)

Blessings to you!
Camille

Annie said...

Maybe you and the girls should open a bed and breakfast. :)

I love the picture of Elvis. It looks so peaceful.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Jill, Oh what a great time for the little ones with the egg hunt. Your little sweetie is so cute smiling in all the pics and sharing her goodies inside the eggs.
What a darling idea the girls had to make the hotel room for your parents. What fun and great memories they will always have.
So glad you got your papers done and can enjoy a restful and fun Easter weekend.
The game looks like it was great fun too.

Wishing you and your sweet family a special Easter.
Love from Texas, Celestina Marie

Heather said...

Cute pictures love the Egg Hunt ~Happy Easter have a great weekend Love Heather

Heather said...

Cute pictures love the Egg Hunt ~Happy Easter have a great weekend Love Heather

Nicolle said...

Your girls are so creative. I love the egg hunt. So cute. You look great in that picture! Sounds like a fun night, especially the club seating with all of it's perks.

Many Easter blessings to you and your family.
xo.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

We are going to be dying our Eggs on Easter. I'm so unprepared this year! Hope you all have a wonderful Easter. Hugs, Jackie

SonyaAnn said...

Another perfect day in the neighborhood! And I love your hotel!;p

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

BTW, loved how the girls made you a "hotel" room. So cute!

Sweet Tea said...

Don't know how I missed seeing this post until now...Love the hotel room. That's great - arranged with "love", doesn't get any better than that!

Enjoyed all the photos!!