Monday, May 21, 2012

Book Review Sixty Acres and a Bride by Reginia Jennings

Enjoy a little romance from a time when basic survival was all the focus?  This story is about a young widow named Rosa and her mother-in-law who are trying to save their family's ranch. But there are some obstacles along the way and a romance soon buds with a man named Weston; although the road to their love is not without challenges. They learn they need each other more than they realize.

This book was an enjoyable read and was hard to put down. It was well written and had a good story line for those who enjoy romance and a step outside of the modern world for a change. :-) This is author Regina Jennings first book and I thought she did a great job. For me as a reader a book needs to capture and hold my attention in the first few paragraphs and this one did. If you are looking for a good read with Christian values throughout, I recommend this book for you to add to your summer reading lists.

This book was given to me by Bethany House publishers for free to review and all opinions are my own.

                                                                  Blessings,
                                                                      Jill

2 comments:

Kris said...

I will have to look for it. I bet I would love it!
: ) Kris

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Looks good! Thanks for the recommendation!