Monday, May 21, 2012

Hayley's Birthday at American Girl

We celebrated Hayley's birthday a little early and took her to Washington DC to American Girl to celebrate her birthday with her cousin Gabby.

Can't believe on May 29th my "little" girl will turn 11! :-)

To say they were excited is an understatement! LOL

Hayley lovingly said she brought her dad along to carry the bags! LOL This was the first one.......
We of course had to do a celebration lunch while we were there :-)

This was Kathleen's first time in the cafe and she was just loving it! The dolls get their own special seats :-)
The food was really good and they offered a nice selection. The portions were quite large also!

Kathleen and I got this appetizer and it was so good!

Hayley loved the chicken noodle soup she chose for an appetizer :-)


After our meals they brought out a big cake and the whole restaurant sang Happy Birthday to her. Then they cut the cake and brought it out with ice cream. So yummy!

Kathleen had her doll's hair done while we were there.

And Jerry good dad that he is, carried the girl's bags :-)

Afterwards we went back to my mom's to celebrate and it was also my niece Neve's birthday. Even though she couldn't make it to American Girl we wanted to celebrate with her :-)

Happy birthday Hayley and Neve!!!! So glad we were able to be together for it!


Sunday before we headed back up the road we took some time to visit a reservoir near my parents house.

Jerry enjoying the view.....

And they're off!!!


That little speck is Kathleen who popped back up from the bottom to see if we were following along!

When Kathleen and I were looking at this picture together she said "Look we look like stair steps!" I was saying the same thing at the same time! LOL

Always so happy to be together :-) Wish we were closer.....

On the way back out the girl's raced my dad up the hill! Pop Pop sure loves his girls!

We also got to see some Geese and their babies.


And what better way to end a hot day then with snowballs with marshmallow!! Oh how I miss a good snowball. Sadly where I live there are no snowball stands :-( We have Rita's, but it's not the same as the real thing....


How was your weekend? Anything exciting happen?

                                                                        Blessings,
                                                                            Jill

16 comments:

McVal said...

Happy Birthday Hayley!!! That looks such a fab birthday idea!

Sweet Tea said...

Happy Birthday Hayley!
Jill, II don't know how you keep coming up with these great birthday ideas. This looked like such great fun! Hayley looked beautiful (as did Kathleen) and her smile said it all. Hayley and I share that special date, as it's our wedding anniversary too!

Mark said...

Jerry's a natural in that American Girl Shop! I would have hung myself.
I think I need to visit that reservoir. Is there fishing there?
m.

Genn said...

So fun!!!
Happy 11th to your sweet girl.
My girls were looking over my shoulder at this post asking if they could go there sometime!

And that reservoir looked so neat too. Just beautiful pictures.

thecoffeehouse said...

oh man I want to have my next party there! ok, so I probably just need to have kids already, huh?
so fun!

Kris said...

Happy 11th Birthday to Hayley!!! Such a great post! The girls looked like they were having the time of their lives. And what a terrific Jerry is, carrying those bags with a smile on his face!!! The shots at the reservoir were amazingly beautiful. So nice you could all be together and with their cousin too! So fun. What is a snowball?
XO Kris

Simone said...

The smiles already say it all...that it was truly a happy birthday for Hayley. She is so pretty! I loved her birthday dress.

Okay, you have me very curious. What is a snowball?

Sheila said...

Happy Birthday to Hayley and Neve. I can't believe how grown up Hayley is looking since you started blogging. Time goes much too fast. It looks like the girls had a blast in DC. Kathleen is such a cutie!! Thanks for sharing y'alls weekend. Take care.

Kerri said...

Happy Birthday Hayley! She looks much older than 11 all dressed up! That American Girl place looks like any little girls dream place to visit! Whoever came up with that idea is a genius! Jerry is such a good dad walking around and carrying the bags...all with a smile on his face too! :)

Nicolle said...

What a fun birthday party for Hayley. I love that your husband is carrying all the bags. :)) I know I've only been reading your blog a short time, but Hayley has grown/changed so much. I just love her dress here and she is so pretty. Happy Birthday to her! Both of your girls are adorable. So are you far from DC? I am guessing that was quite a drive for you guys. You and your husband are such fun parents! I always sense that when reading your blog!

Have a good day.
xo.

Jenny said...

Oh I want to go too! I have always wanted to go crazy in the AG store. I love the pic of Jerry with the bags. So cute. Happy Birthday Hayley! What a wonderful trip.

Tara said...

Oh Jill, I want to to that lunch at American girl so bad!!! Should have done that when we were in DC! Darn... didn't think of that! We'll have to go to NYC this summer to do that! I didn't know about getting your dolls hair done too. Very cool! Looks like the perfect way to 'ring in 11!' Happy birthday Hayley! Enjoy 11! PS ~ love your hair cut Hayley... very 11 for sure!

Have a happy day Jill! Hope you're hanging in there with all fo the end of the year hoopla. When does school get out for your girls? We go til June 20th...ugh!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Hayley what a Beautiful young Lady you are turning into! You look beautiful in your Maxi dress I love it and I want to borrow it hehehe.....How fun and Great Pictures MOM!! ~I enjoyed this sneak peak into your wonderful birthday celebration Love Heather

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

What fun! I'm so glad Hayley had a wonderful birthday. Your husband is such a trooper! I love the smile on his face as he is carrying those bags. You can tell he loves his girls!

~ Noelle said...

i am loving haleys hair :)
she looks so grown...
and your hubby? lol, i did not recognize him at first...
you have a wonderful family

anxsity means friendship said...

I remember
that I had so much fun