Friday, May 4, 2012

It's the little things

"Success consists of doing the common things of life uncommonly well"  --Unknown.

Just the other day in my post I was mentioning about finding the beauty in even something so small as a dandelion even though it's a weed. In my girl's eyes and mine it still brings beauty and a smile. So I had to capture this picture of Hayley when she came home from school and had lovingly picked me some yellow "flowers" roots and all! LOL

We trimmed them up and added them to my vase to brighten up the table. A little thing making a huge impact, not only on my table but on my heart. :-)


"There are only two rules for being successful. One, figure out exactly what you want to do, and two, do it"
--Mario Cuomo

Kathleen surprised me by "banning" me from the living room as she worked hard on her masterpiece! What a great surprise to see her creation for me, even better that she took the initiative to do it all on her own. :-)

I proudly hung it on our pantry door, our door famous for our photo taking as we see how much the girls have grown.... a little thing giving me big smiles each time I go to the pantry to get ingredients for my family's meals. :-)

The black item around her chin is a necklace Kathleen said. I love how she thought to do the pigtails!

"An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it" --Bill Bernbach

Jerry brought some flowers home the other day after work so Kathleen and I could do some planting. She was super excited to get started.


She insisted on planting them herself in the front planters on our porch and was so very proud of herself, I was too of course.


"Life is "trying things to see if they work"  --Ray Bradbury


Of course when we noticed the playhouse planters looked like this....

We had to add some beauty there. :-)


"Where the willingness is great, the difficulties cannot be great" --Machiavelli

We were happy to see our strawberries making their appearance this year. :-)

Now hopefully we can get our garden started soon. It's on the to do list as well....the one that seems to be forever growing! LOL

Hope you have an amazing weekend! Take some time to enjoy the "little" things in life. :-) For they are the moments that shape us and the memories we treasure.


                                                                            Blessings,
                                                                                Jill

11 comments:

Eileen said...

Love, love, love our granddaughter's artistic talents.
And a gardner as well... at such a young age. Just love them to bits!!

Kris said...

Good morning Jill! Hayley looks so proud of her "flowers" she picked for you. Noah likes to find these for us as well. And Kathleen's masterpiece is that indeed! She certainly paid attention to detail. LOVE the pigtails. I love that you allow your children the freedom to express themselves through art and allow them to do so much to help you. We learn by doing. My grands love to help me in the yard and to help me in the kitchen too!! Noah is an excellent duster!!!
Hugs,
Kris

Samantha Kelley said...

What sweet blessings! I love your quotes!

Aunt B said...

What a lovely post. It cheered my morning immensely. Thank you.

Jenny said...

I agree 110%. I was having one of "those" days today, bad hair, clothes feeling tight, grumpy and then my daughter said, "mommy you look pretty today." Best thing in the world. Have a great weekend.

Julie said...

I have always looked at dandelion as flowers. Oh I know it's a weed but my little ones are always picking them for me. Even the littlest think they are pretty.
I love that you share you girls. Thank you!! Puts a smile on my face to see them and what they are doing.
Take care and have a blessed weekend.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Jill, What a beautiful post. I just love the talents of your dear daughters and there thoughtful ways. You and your hubby have taught them well by setting such a good example.
Enjoy the week ahead.
Blessings, Celestina Marie

The Momma said...

Love this post!! I love the artwork, and of course the flowers are so so pretty!! :) Love it!

Jamie said...

hayley look so much like you in this first picture,wow.They are grwoing up so fast into beautiful young ladies.It is always nice to see some pretty flowers to brighten our day

McVal said...

:) Typically if I'm banned from a room, it's around Christmas or my birthday.

Camille said...

Yippee for home grown strawberries!! :)

Your girls as so loved by you Jill. What a blessing you are to them. :) Kathleen's creation is great and dandelions are the BEST when they are given with love!

Blessings to you!
Camille