Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Meeting a blogging friend

This weekend Jerry and I went to Hotel Hershey to celebrate our 18 year wedding anniversary. I met a blogger named Mark a little over a year ago and just fell in love with his blog and his humor that makes me smile each time I visit. :-) From blogging I learned he lived near the area we would be visiting in and when he found out we were going to be that close he suggested perhaps we could meet him for a drink. After some emails, text messages and a phone call he offered to meet us at the hotel and take some photos of us for our anniversary as a gift. I was very touched by this offer and Jerry and I couldn't wait to meet up with him. An added bonus is he brought along some of his family, Fred and the twins Jacob and Joshua. :-).

There is always that initial thought of will this person be the same in person as in their blogs? All I can say is Mark was that and so much more. A truly wonderful guy with a great personality. We greeted in the lobby with a big hug, did introductions for Jerry and Fred's sake, lol and then we went to the lounge at the hotel for drinks and to chat. Jacob and Joshua were so well behaved and the most adorable little boys ever! It was a delight to meet them and spend some time with them. We had wonderful conversations with Mark and Fred and the time just flew by. Unbeknownst to us a huge storm was brewing outside so we were a bit limited for picture time :-) We were quite surprised when Mark bought our drinks for another anniversary surprise. Thank you again Mark ;-) We truly appreciate it.

The boys were excited to finally get outside after listening to the adults talk so long :-) Some of these photos are from Mark and some are mine, I will label under the photos.

I absolutely love this one of Jerry talking with Jacob about the Koi fish.... Love Jacob's smile!

                                                                            (Mark's pic)
There was a lot of fish in those ponds, looking pretty hungry too ;-)
                                                                      (My pic)
                                                                     (My pics)
                                                                         (My pic)

        Mark did such a great job taking pictures, and I love how well the colors turned out with his camera.

                                                                      (Mark's pic)
                                                                 (Mark's pic)
Here I was laughing and all squinty, lol and debated posting the picture, but it captures happiness and I am truly happy here. :-) So scroll down quickly :-) Ha ha.

Fred took this picture of Mark and I together.....


        My hair was blowing everywhere from the wind and you can see the dark skies in the distance.....

We went back inside so they could get on the road before the storm got too bad. I was able to get a great picture of all 4 of them.....missing John and Claire who were at the beach that day :-)


                                Then the heavy rains came as soon as we had gotten back inside!



It was so wonderful to meet this amazing family! Please visit them at Our Simple Lives to read more about them and their lives together. They are wonderful parents and I am so happy to have met them and to call them my friends and look forward to meeting again, next time with all of our family members present. :-)

Thank you again Mark and Fred for taking time to come and meet us, the pictures and the drinks. We had a wonderful time!

                 * Tomorrow I will post more of the Hotel Hershey and all we did :-) Have a great night!!!*

                                                                        Blessings,
                                                                            Jill

28 comments:

Katharine said...

What a great anniversary celebration, and how nice to be able to meet a blogging friend in real life!

McVal said...

Happy Anniversary! I LOVE meeting Bloggy friends! Good for you guys!

Mrs. Nerdy said...

Happy Anniversary! Stunning pictures!! You are gorgeous! Mark's family is beautiful as well :)

We live extremely close to Hershey. Beautiful place!

Mark said...

Jill, I just got your text/heads-up that this was posted. And here on my blog today, I'm telling everyone that I'm taking a break. Now they are all going to think I'm lying. Thanks a lot!
Seriously though, I just loved meeting you and Jerry. You are right, it is different meeting folks for the first time even though you feel as if you've met before. But you are even more sweet in person and Jerry had me laughing! And then of course he and Fred giving up all of our secrets that we don't dare discuss on our blogs. The nerve of them!
Regarding those photos: I think the one of Jerry and Jacob is my favorite too. He's a natural with kids and my boys were drawn to him. And thanks for posting the photo of you laughing. It's totally "real" and "in the moment". And that's what I wanted.
Thanks again for meeting up with us and on your Anniversary no less. We haven't been out of the house at 7PM on a Sunday night in years. You two are wild!
m.

A Primitive Homestead said...

Happy Anniversary to the love birds. The photos are wonderful. Mark captured you both just as you are. Happy & real. It is nice to see you. Moms seem to always be the photo taker & are not among the photos in family albums. Blessings!
Lara

Sweet Tea said...

What fun photos of your bloggy friends. Nice that a "meet up" could be arranged. I would so love to meet my Blogging friends!!
I am part of a great group of gals who I met on iVillage and we get together once a year and have become VERY close in the past few years!. . .BTW, you are adorable! I can see your personality in the photos and I LOVE it & you! I'm anxious to see the Hershey Hotel, somewhere I have been interested in visiting.

NanaDiana said...

I popped over from Mark's blog and am your newest follower. I KNEW he would be the same as the blogster I have come to know and love. You two are sweethearts- Happy Anniversary to you...and what fun that you got to meet Mark and Fred and the twins. I am SOOO jealous! Have a great evening- xo Diana

Kris said...

Hi Jill. Happy Anniversary!!! What a fun outing!! I was over at Mark's blog. Was enthralled for over an hour. What a great writer he is. And such a beautiful family. I am following, love that you let us know about him too. Such great pics of you and Jerry. I too love the one of you laughing!!! So nice!
Big hug,
Kris

Heather said...

Happy Anniversary!! We are right behind you guys we celebrated 17yrs this year. How fun to meet a blogging friend....I have tried to meet up with a few but honestly I think some people get cold feet when it comes to the actual event. Everytime I ended up with the other party canceling....Great Photos and now I want to meet Your Family and Mark and Fred lol!! You will have to get those photos framed up for sure!! Have a great week Jill you have a beautiful family and your blog is a celebration of that!! ~Love Heather

sophie...^5 said...

This is so very cool and meeting blogger's friends is the new "cool" thing to do...and besides if its Mark' and Fred's family...well...you must have a good laugh! My Dads have followed this family for awhile and I keep the guys in line...you see I'm a Labradoodle! Cheers!

Jim said...

Hi Jill! Ant friend of Mark's is a friend of mine! Looks like you had a great get-together.....Happy Anniversary!
Jim

ChiTown Girl said...

Poppin' over from Mark's place :)

Happy Anniversary! I'm SO incredibly jealous that you got to hang out with Mark and his clan. Lucky duck!

Wendi said...

How fun! Happy Anniversary by the way. :)

tracy@sellabitmum said...

Happy Anniversary - hopping over from Mark's place. Love these very very happy pictures.

Annie said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm envious that all of you got to meet. I'd love to meet your family and Mark's, too. :)

Thanks for posting the pics!

Along A Widowed Road said...

Hi Jill,
First off let me say, I've seen alot of photo's posted on the various blogs I follow and you can truly tell that Mark and Fred the pictures are wonderful. Will he come to California and take pics of Savannah and I?...
Belated anniversary wishes to you and Jerry.

Hugs, Viola

Kirsty@Bonjour said...

Popped over from Mark's blog - can I say that the photo you like the least is the one I like the best. You both look so happy! Happy Anniversary!

KERRY said...

What a wonderful story of friendship. Isn't it amazing where you can make a friend? I love this community!
Looks like you had a great time together and boy oh boy, look at those skies!

Kerri said...

Happy Anniversary Jill! So cool that you were able to mee up with Mark and his family! Love the pictures of you and Jerry...especially the one of you laughing...it shows how happy you really are!

Busy Bee Suz said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE all the photos...and of course squinty eyes mean you are really happy!!!!
mark is one of my favorite people, and I am jealous someone else got to meet him. :(
Nice to meet you too!!!!
xo
Suz

WendyP said...

Congrads on the anniversary!! And many more to come!!

I visited your 'blogger friend's' website and will have to share with my daughter...who as you may or may not know is also 'Out & proud'. I love finding great role models for her to look up to and see the road doesn't always have to be rough. She is one tough gal and doesn't take crap from anyone :-)

Thanks for sharing!!

Tara said...

Jill, congratulations on your Anniversary. I love the pictures of the two of you! Such a special gift! You are lucky to have met your special friend along the way too! Enjoy your day ~tara

Olives and Pickles said...

You look gorgeous!

Kathleen Botsford said...

Happy Anniversary! I came over from Mark's blog. Isn't he a love? Love the photos. You are adorable and the one you took of Mark and Fred and the boys is fabulous!

Katie said...

well happy anniversary!! I'm sneaking over from Mark's place. Love the pics he took of you...don't explain away anything, you look GORGEOUS!

Nicolle said...

Happy Anniversary! The photos are all gorgeous! What fun and what a great blog friend you have in Mark! I think he has a precious family as well!

Xo

gradydoctor said...

Congrats on 18 years! Any friend of Mark's is a friend of mine. You all look radiant. . . love does that to people, doesn't it? :)

Barbara said...

Congrats on 18 years! I hope you have a lifetime more!