Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mother's day

Mother's day was a special day with my girls :-) Although I was not feeling well with a bad cough and aches, stuffy nose.... I did manage to go out for a bit. Our original plan was Longwood Gardens but I just wasn't up to it, so we went to a nearby park to enjoy the water.

My day started with breakfast in bed.

They spoiled me with gifts....

Plus I got flowers for outside....so beautiful! See the ladybug? Kathleen painted it for me and below is a picture of hers and the one Hayley painted me in Kindergarten that I keep right on my windowsill. :-)
Three of my favorite people :-)

Love just enjoying the beauty of nature....so relaxing.....

When I was little I use to love catching "spit" bugs. We found them on a plant, kinda hard to see in the picture but when you touch it, little green bugs jump out! Had fun showing this to the girls although I'm not sure they were as fascinated as I used to be! LOL

They all just love skipping rocks! Could do this for hours.....

Such a beautiful day....

Love my girls so much....they are my heart, my everything....and they make me so proud to be their mommy :-)

Gotta love my girl....can dress her up but can't stop that need to explore! LOL

And of course the day would not be complete without a walking stick and a good rock!!



Had an amazing day....love you girls so very much!!! :-) Thank you for making my day special :-)

Oh and thanks to my fur baby Bella for the lovely dog food you put in my shoes! LOL


Thanks to the girls I now have beautiful daisy's to add to my flowers on the table. :-)


Hope you all had a lovely Mother's day!! I am still trying to do a million things here lately especially before school ends so took longer to post than I had planned. :-) Traveling again this weekend to celebrate Hayley's birthday a little early.....more to come!!

                                                                 Blessings, Jill

14 comments:

Eileen said...

Finally.... thought you left town!!! This post was worth the wait. Looks like you had a wonderful Mother's Day and you were also by the water. Must run in the family. Everyone looks so pretty. And yes, even Jerry.
love you all.
love mom

Kris said...

Hi Jill,
What a perfect day! Those are beautiful photos on the lake! No one there but you!!! You have a very special family! Beautiful family!!!
Hugs, and I hope you are feeling better by now!!
Kris

Cindy said...

Sorry you weren't feeling well jill. but it sure looks like you turned it into a beautiful day.:)
glad your mothers day was a happy one

Mark said...

One post this week? Yeah, I can tell you're busy for sure!
Great gifts! Is that an emerald I spy?
Hey, at least the dog didn't chew your shoes!
m.

KERRY said...

Hello!
Looks like you had a lovely day out with your family for Mother's Day Jill, the pics are adorable!
I love your new green ring, you received some cute gifts! And what in the world is wrapped in that coccoon? lol

Beloved's Bride said...

Ah! It looks like a sweet Mother's Day.

Nicolle said...

I'm sorry you felt yucky on Mother's Day. You still look beautiful here, even with a cold! I love Hayley in her blue too. So pretty. You got some wonderful gifts. The painted ladybug is my favorite. How sweet that you now have 2 of them on your windowsill. I know you will cherish those forever. Enjoy your weekend! xo.

The Momma said...

What a wonderful day!! Looks like it was great, even though you didn't feel well. You all looked so great!! :)

Jenny said...

So glad you had a happy day. You look lovely in the pics. Wow, you did get spoiled. Yay!

Tara said...

Jill, sorry that you weren't feeling well on Mother's Day... no fair! Hope you're feeling better now! Love you lake pictures especially the one with you and your girls. Happiness...

Wendi said...

Beaufiful pictures!

McVal said...

Wow! You had a glorious Mother's Day! Well... except for the feeling icky bit.

Sweet Tea said...

Hope you're feeling better now. What a lovely Mother's Day the girls (and Dad) gave you. Your ears should never be naked again! LOL All the photos were great, especially you with the girls! (Very good photo of Hayley sitting on the rocks - turquoise is beautiful on her!)

~ Noelle said...

yes!
you did have a beautiful day!!
you deserve it, you are a wonderful mom :)