Last week Kathleen had an ice cream party at her school to celebrate the end of the year. Seems like it was just yesterday I was doing this with Hayley in Kindergarten. How the time sure flies!
She was also showing me the butterflies she made :-) We've done this at home also :-)
The Kindergartners were very excited because they got to play on the "big" kids playground for the first time :-)
My girl gets right up with those boys!! LOL
Love her expression when she gets off the rings, that sense of accomplishment!
This past weekend we took a trip to Dorney Park. This was a group event for Hayley's band. :-)
1) Water bottles
4) Extra clothes/shoes/socks...(towels, swimsuits and water shoes if doing the water park)
5) Hairbrush and pony tail holders
7) First aid kit (band-aids, Benadryl, cleaning wipes, tweezers, Neosporin, anti- itch cream...)
8) Washcloth in a plastic baggie (Many times if the girls or one of us gets overheated this comes in handy in the restroom to run cold water on it to wipe our faces to help cool us down.
9) Cell phones and emergency contact numbers
10) Vital information sheets like allergies to medicines, bees, etc.
11) I also like to have the reusable mats on hand to put our food down on
12) Wet wipes and hand sanitizers!
14) Small snacks like nuts, dried fruit, pretzels
15) Inhaler for Hayley or other medicines that may be needed (ex. Tylenol etc)
16) Camera, an absolute must!
17) Cooler with lunch and additional snacks we keep in our car. Many parks will stamp your hand so you can reenter so it's nice to eat some healthy food when walking and running all day! Usually there are picnic tables but if not we eat in the van. :-)
Seems like a long list but when efficiently packed not so bad. Can't tell you how many times we have had to use all these items. We have also handed out band aids to other kids around the park that may need one. I like to be prepared....lol.
I must say in some ways I miss having our big stroller to load up with everything and make it easier to push around. Now I load up my Vera Bradley mini back pack/purse and Jerry carries his own back pack. Some parks will check your bags when entering, but Dorney Park did not.
Most importantly....HAVE FUN and ENJOY the time with the kids. You'll blink and soon realize they will be all grown up....