Friday, June 29, 2012

Organizing the Garage and lots of randomness! :-)

Happy Friday!! Thought I'd give a little sneak peak into all that's been happening the last few days. :-) Lots of pictures to share so you might want to get comfy. ;-)

We enjoyed another hot air balloon that almost made it into our yard to land....again..... lol


Had to take a picture of one of the gorgeous roses that the girls and Jerry picked out for me :-)


Yup those are chocolate chip cookies in the background ready to be baked ;-)

Kathleen informed us she was going to set up a spa and give us massages! Not going to say no to that idea!


So I was first to put my feet up and get comfy!


My toes are always painted....lol, it's just this thing I have, can't have "naked" toes! LOL And if they chip they must be corrected ;-)

Kathleen all set to go! (Overlook the background shots, this is our most lived in room of the house so it's mismatched with love! LOL One of these days I'll get it decorated how I want.


The sunglasses were for the ultimate relaxation! ;-) Hayley loaded some Ocean waves onto her Ipod and we enjoyed listening to that while we got our massages!

The tower of HAIR accessories!


Sorry no after shots of what I looked like getting my hair done by a 6 year old! LOL

We enjoyed the water sponges we made the other day....


Even more randomness; the lily in my front pond is blooming nicely :-) These are one of my favorite flowers!


We had a little experiment and blocked light and air to a peach in a bowl and watched it grow some wild hair!! ;-)


Pretty cool isn't it? The girls got a good laugh out of it! Always make learning fun!!!

Kathleen drew a nice picture of our house and taped it to my front door the other day. Found it going out to get the mail.


Hayley had brought up the table to put some scrap booking stuff on and Elvis apparently thought we set it up for him!


We did an overhaul on the garage.... yes I am bravely posting before pictures but there is after pictures as well! ( I have to give most this credit to Jerry, he was sorting tools, lawnmowers, etc. the girls did pitch in to contribute on where the toys would go!) :-)


Where does all this stuff come from?? LOL


Ok and finally some afters!! So much better!!

As you can see it was an all day project! See that big cabinet on the wall in the back? It has sliding doors to it. Jerry built it to hold some of his tools, etc.


Of course another yard sale is in our plans!!

We bought this shed to hold the lawnmowers, etc. We also moved our fence back as you may remember when we did our patio makeover (which I still have to reveal) :-0 So we're waiting for the grass to grow and still have to stain some of the fencing.


Having a little get together tomorrow for the 4th of July and my Mom being crafty was making up some designs to put in a vase for us :-)


The girls were busy getting the corn ready...


Elvis came up for careful inspections!! LOL

Kathleen was helping to make the deviled eggs.... my girls are really good out helping out! I feel it's important to teach them to cook at a young age. Skills to last a lifetime!  ;-)

As I walked to the mailbox I took a few yard pictures. Our neighbors from England are celebrating the Queen being on the throne 60 years!!

So they have British flags everywhere and we have American flags everywhere and we will be celebrating the 4th of July with them! We could not ask for better neighbors, we are so blessed!

Our hostas are taking off nicely on the hillside with pretty blooms.

In the summer you can't really see our house from the road. We live in a quiet development.

Our house walking up from the side view...



A quiet place to rest and relax..... :-)

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!!!

                                                              Blessings,
                                                                  Jill

12 comments:

Heather said...

You have a beautiful home love how lush and green everything is so different from the desert where we live...Ha Kathleen is too cute!! love her spa :) and it looks like you guys are all enjoying the summer the corn looks delish you can only find white corn here I do miss the yellow and peach & cream variety ~Have a great summer if only we were closer we could combine and have a giant yard sale you should see our garage :O ~Love Heather

Heather said...

You have a beautiful home love how lush and green everything is so different from the desert where we live...Ha Kathleen is too cute!! love her spa :) and it looks like you guys are all enjoying the summer the corn looks delish you can only find white corn here I do miss the yellow and peach & cream variety ~Have a great summer if only we were closer we could combine and have a giant yard sale you should see our garage :O ~Love Heather

Katharine said...

What a beautiful home! I love your quiet bench, and green space! Have a wonderful weekend!
Blessings!

Kris said...

Hi Jill,
I am way behind here! Blogger has not updated, so I wasn't aware you had posted! Love the new organized garage! And the sponge thingies!! Kathleen's dance recital pics!!! Hayley reading!!! And the cake they made!! The fixins' for your 4th of July celebration!! The photos of your property, so pretty!!!! Loved it all!!!
XO Kris

Heather said...

Oh my goodness, Jill, I am so jealous of your clean garage! Ours is horrible....we actually have 2 garages, so twice the mess! Have a wonderful weekend!

Wendi said...

Love seeing everything green and blooming. We are having a drought in Central Indiana and temps exceeding 100* Very hot for this time of year!

Anyway, great job on the garage. It looks fantastic!

Have a great weekend!

Nicolle said...

Your home is so pretty! I loved so much about this post. The spa party, a clean garage, your gorgeous plants.....random posts are my favorite because it's fun to get a glimpse into my friend's lives! Enjoy your weekend! xo

Beloved's Bride said...

Oh. Such fun pictures! Love the house decore of the British and American Flags. So nice to have such fun neighbors too, I bet.

We just added to our nail polish stash all sorts of crazy colors. So, we will be having a spa day ourselves right here in our little camper. I think red/white and blue will be the in order for this coming up week. :)

Must catch up with all your other post, now! ;)

Hena Tayeb said...

Your girls are adorable. The spa day sounds great.. love the sunglasses for ultimate relaxation... so cute.

McVal said...

Oh my... Come on over and clean up my garage next! On second thought, you'd most likely barf as soon as the garage door goes up...
I'd rather keep you as a friend, so nevermind.

Tara said...

Hi Jill... I have to tell you I love when the girls do my hair. I'm always up for it. I could care less that they make my hair crazy... it's so ahh relaxing!!! How you enjoyed yours.

Love your home. Love your cleaned up garage. Scott will often have a garage clean up weekend... makes such a big difference. PS your "befores" aren't bad at all... you should see ours! lol

Miranda @ Pressing On said...

Jill, I love all your outside pictures. Your home is just beautiful!

I also love that you let your daughter redo your hair. Too cute.

Happy 4th of July!