Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July Tidbits

Some peaks into our weekend celebration, ;-)

Prepared tomatoes and onions for the burgers!


Getting the serving dishes ready...


Table setting....


Hayley made a bunch of festive cupcakes!!


This is the decoration my mom made that day out of tissue paper. I am hoping on her blog she will share her artistic talents!! (hint, hint, mom ;-)


Bella was cooling off under the kitchen table...


Some decor around the house...


My girls and I...


Nana did her nails all festive with the girls so I wanted to be sure to get this picture!


My beautiful Hayley...


Jerry with our English neighbor Spence! They did a fine job working that grill! ;-)


My beautiful Kathleen


My best friend since we were 3 years old Teresa!


She was trying out Pims with 7-up my neighbor  Julia mixed up for us :-)

Then a little later she won the prize cupcake Hayley made with extra extra icing! LOL


The kids were so busy running about with different activities I didn't get too many good shots of them. However they played bean bag toss (as I call it) Jerry and those living in PA call it corn hole. Hmmmm sorry I don't get that term for it, lol.

I think Oliver is thinking we are doing what with the bean bags??!! LOL

I could not get Sheldon to give me a good smile picture so I took one anyway ;-) Sheldon is Teresa's husband.

There was badminton and water balloons and the sprinkler too!


The kids had a blast!

Then I got a few minutes to try some new frozen drink packs already have the alcohol added in. I tried the strawberry daiquiri since it is my favorite ;-)

It was pretty hot out that day.... so it ended up like a really yummy snowball so I used a spoon to eat it, lol.


My mom and dad were also there to enjoy the day with us and avoiding the camera, lol. We had a great day and it was a small gathering this year which was nice for being able to really sit and talk with everyone. :-)

                                                                       Blessings,
                                                                           Jill

12 comments:

Heather said...

Great pictures looks like a fun time....so cute how you decorated...I love decorating the house for holidays ~Ha that picture of Kathleen is too cute!! Stike a pose :) ~Hayley reminds me so much of Anna they are both growing into little ladies aren't they :) Happy 4th to your family Love Heather

NanaDiana said...

It looks like you had a really nice family day. That is the best part of a Holiday, isn't it? xo Diana

Sheila said...

Jill,
Thank you and the girls for the package y'all sent Sara. She was so surprised!! I can't believe all you did to get ready for the weekend and you took time to make my daughter so happy. You and your family are truly special. I love your stairway--very nice!! Hayley and Kathleen are such cuties--and so sweet too. I hope y'all have a wonderful week. Again, thank you for making Sara's day. Take care.

Sweet Tea said...

So glad we have a holiday in the middle of Summer - it's a great day to celebrate and share with family and it looks as though you did it up right. Such fun and great memories!

Kerri said...

Looks like a really fun day! I love all your little touches that make the holiday special for your family. We were driving home from Ocean City and too tired to do anything on the 4th. We did let off a few fireworks...but that's about it!

Nicolle said...

I love all of your 4th of July festive decorations. Looks like you guys had a wonderful holiday, and it is even better to spend it with friends!

LOL, we play cornhole at the races, and I think that's a funny name for it too. :)

Eileen said...

Dad and I had a wonderful day celebrating with you and your friends. IT is always a special time getting together and enjoying the good times, food, and company of friends.
Enjoyed the children at their play! :-) Oh to be young again!!!!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Jill,
Looks like a wonderful time enjoyed by all for the 4th. Love your home decor, the fun activities and of course the pic of you and your girls is a darling pic.
Your mom created a beautiful decoration. I hope she does share the "how to" with us. I just love her and her posts are always wonderful.

Have a great weekend and fun with your sweet family.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Mark said...

For a "small gathering", you certainly went all-out!
Good job!
m.

momto8blog said...

how fun!! looks like everyone had fun! especially playing corn hole..yes, i am from Pa, but we played it in West Va.
i am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

Megan said...

How fun, I love the 4th. You guys had quite the spread...I wish now I would have made deviled eggs!

The Preppy Student said...

looks like a ton of fun! I am your newest follower! I cannot wait to read more of your posts and hope that maybe you can return the favor and follow my preppy blog. I always comment for every comment left on my page and hope to start a friendly relationship with your wonderful blog!