Wednesday, August 29, 2012

First day of school and gem mining :-)

Had to interrupt our vacation memories to add the girl's first day of school pictures. :-)

Nails all painted.


All packed up and ready to go!

My little Kathleen off to first grade and Hayley off to sixth grade! Hayley's last year in elementary school, so hard to believe! They were both excited to go back. The silence here is new for me today, for the past 11 years I've been with them all day, or at least one of them. Big adjustment for me :-)

Kathleen standing with all her first day necessities wanting to be first in line for the bus. Going to miss her today.


Hope they have a truly amazing day and can't wait to hear all about it when they get home!!

Back to vacation pictures.... we went gem mining while we were there in Tennessee and the girl's loved it!

This was actually one of Jerry's favorite things to do. We had done this years ago before we had the girls.

You place scoop fulls into the container with a mesh bottom and then place it in the water and rinse the dirt off to find gems and fossils.

They all found quite a bit of treasures!

Then we took the treasures inside to see what we had found.

Of course most of the gems need to be cut before they gain their value. We found sapphires, Emeralds, Ruby's and more! We had a great time.

It's a girl's dream to find all those jewels! LOL

Have a great afternoon!

                                                                            Blessings,
                                                                                 Jill

15 comments:

Aunt B said...

Back to school already! The summer has just flown by! Your girls look happy to be on their way. It's always good to see school friends again.

Kris said...

The girls are darling!!!! You sure did some fun things on your vacation!!!
XO Kris

Beloved's Bride said...

Sweet first day of schools pictures. Hope you give us a peak into how their day went.

Nice vacation shots. Mining is a lot of fun.

Kerri said...

It took me about 2 months before it didn't feel weird being home alone all day! But, you will get used to it, and you will even come to enjoy it! Plus, you sure can get a lot done when you are home alone!
Your girls look so grown up in their pictures...even Kathleen looks like she got taller this summer!

Eileen said...

Just thinking it seems like yesterday that I was rocking little Kathleen in my arms. And now she is going into the first grade. How did this happen so fast!
They both look so happy on their first day. And Hayley, my goodness our first baby is growing into a beautiful young lady. :-)

Annie said...

The girls look so pretty, and I love both dresses!

We've panned for semi-precious gems before. It was fun, and I think I found as many of them on the ground around the panning area as I did in the bucket we bought!

Tara said...

oh my word... they look so pretty on their first day of school... I haven't peeked at your vacation pictures yet and I have to 'go in order'... weird I know. So I'll get back to you on that! Jill, I'm for the first time home alone all school day too. Abigail started Kindergarten and it's full day here! Wish it was half day for sure! Why my desk is still such a mess is beyond me! :) Happy start to school, tara

Heather said...

They look beautiful!! Hayley is growing so much just like my Anna...lets lock them in the closet or something make them stop growing for just a bit!! Kathleen looks so sweet waiting for the bus!! And great vacation photos you guys really had a nice summer. ~Happy First day of School to the Girls!! Love Heather

McVal said...

We've panned before! Well... for gold and it was all planted... little fake chunks.. We still have them!
Love their nails! Looks like the year is off to a smashing start!!!

Camille said...

How quickly the time flies and now *back to school*! I can imagine how quiet it must be now that the girls are both in school all day...I remember thinking ahead to when that would happen here. And then it didn't since we began homeschool before it could. Your girls looked lovely for their first day....right down to the manicures. :)

Blessings to you!
Camille

~ Noelle said...

they have grown up so much!
love the photos and wish we had luck like that when we went gem mining :)

Kat said...

Hi Jill that looks like an awesome first day how exciting. The kids look so cute and I love their nails and hair and outfits, you always keep them so darn cute! I love watching them grow, sorry I don't get here as often as I would like though. Have a great day. big hugs

KERRY said...

Hi Jill!! I hope you guys are all keeping well and enjoyed your vacation to TN :)
I know what you mean about the house being too quiet, but it looks like you put on a brave face and the girls were happy for school to start!! I hope you have a wonderful week adjusting and that the kids continue to enjoy their days xo

KERRY said...

Hi Jill!! I hope you guys are all keeping well and enjoyed your vacation to TN :)
I know what you mean about the house being too quiet, but it looks like you put on a brave face and the girls were happy for school to start!! I hope you have a wonderful week adjusting and that the kids continue to enjoy their days xo

KERRY said...

Sorry, I may have posted that comment 3 or 4 times lol, I wasn't looking at the comment moderation and kept pressing comment lol thinking it hadn't worked!