Thursday, September 13, 2012

Randomness

We were visiting at my mom's the other weekend and Hayley planned an American girl party for her doll Addy. She researched the food and history and came up with a plan. My mom however had the most pictures so you can read more about it here :-)


My niece Neve entertained us with her guitar playing and beautiful singing :-)


Earlier in the day we were at the house to meet her new bunny Cinnamon Watermelon Crazy Bunny! LOL


My sister made me a nice lunch and we celebrated with cupcakes. The girls were so happy to get time to spend together.


I love this picture I took of my mom and the girl's while we were visiting.


They miss getting to see their Nana and Pop Pop on a regular basis. That's one of the many reasons I blog for our family and friends that live far away.

Also had the opportunity to catch up with a few of my close friends and Jerry's brother and sister and their family.

In more randomness I made peach cobbler in my cast iron pan.....so delicious!!


We took a real nice walk the other day at a park nearby with the dogs.


I'm always intrigued by old structures.



  Some of my favorite shots are catching them unaware....


We went a couple miles and tired the dogs out pretty good! LOL


Don't worry we carried water and their bowl with us :-)


Bella our newest rescue from a few months now is adjusting well. We are trying to get her more socialized.


And of course there is our spoiled rotten Owen.... LOL

Owen was trying to drive too but we had to draw the line at swinging on the swing! LOL

Storm clouds were rolling in.....


Kathleen did some baking with Jerry and cooked dinner with him as well.

Oatmeal raisin cookies!!


I think they did alright! ;-)

Afterwards Hayley and I took some time to scrapbook together....I am so far behind!

 
                   "If I can stop one heart from breaking. I shall not live in vain" -Emily Dickinson

                                                                           Blessings,
                                                                                Jill

10 comments:

Heather said...

Great pictures ~you say Random but I think wonderful!! That is just how it is for us Mom's don't you think! The girls look great so sweet you got to visit with family ~ and love you got to squeeze in some time to scrapbook! Have a great weekend Love Heather

Eileen said...

Great pictures Jill.
Looks like the new groomer did a great job on the pups.
Always love seeing the girls smiling faces.
love,mom

Kris said...

I read about the fun little party for Addy on your Mom's blog. So cute!!! You captured some great photos!!!
: )
XO Kris

{cindy} said...

oh we love our american girls here too!:)
i love all her party ideas.
have a happy day jill

Nicolle said...

I agree with you, taking a photo when someone is unaware usually makes the sweetest photo!

I love the picture of your girls and your mom. All of the doggies are so sweet too.

xo

Tara said...

Hi Jill! That's what I love about American girl...it allows older girls who might not play with dolls to still play with dolls. Love that Hayley is still into it. And it cracks me up... she takes after you (planning a party and all of the details.. you are so creative with cooking and planning activities) Do you do a scrapbook for each girl and keep adding to it? I'm so very behind on mine too. This year I'm going to start to catch up! Can you maybe someday do a scrapbooking post to motivate me? :)

Happy weekend Jill! ~tara

Nonnie said...

This is random? I love it. Great party, pretty girls, cute dogs and bunny, and the walk looks fabulous. So does the peach cobbler in the skillet.

Sheila said...

Love your "randomness"!! It's always nice to see your girls. I can't believe how much they've grown since you started blogging. I'm thinking I need a few more dogs after seeing all yours. Too cute!! I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend. Take care.

McVal said...

I am SO far behind in scrapbooking too!
Oh if you like old structures, not sure if you follow Michelle but she takes such awesome pics of old buildings all the time. Check her out...
itsasmalltownlife.blogspot.com

Camille said...

I enjoyed this *random* post Jill! It looks like you logged a lot of *fun* with your girls recently. And...scrapbooking...oh...the time it takes! But, how wonderful the results!! What a blessing it is that you can do it together with your Hayley. :)

Blessings to you!
Camille