Monday, November 5, 2012

Dancing and making a differeance

I couldn't be more proud of Kathleen....she is part of the dance group petite performers at her dance school. They dress in full costume and perform their numbers from their concert this past June. The best part is they visit local nursing homes and perform for the residents. Then interact with them afterwards and I tell you it really brightens the residents day and builds self-esteem for the little ones.

Getting ready to go!

She really enjoyed being a part of this and we feel it's a wonderful experience for her. Involving our children in community events is always something we have felt strongly about.

Hanging out backstage with the other dancers:


The socialization....the building excitement....


The look of come on mom....stop taking my picture!!! LOL


Careful concentration.....

Total cuteness! ;-)

A fantastic performance!!

So proud of you my little pumpkin!! You did an amazing job and soon we'll be on to more performances :-)


What were we up to afterwards?...... Preparing treat bags for a big birthday party this Saturday! Details to come....


                                                                 Blessings,
                                                                     Jill

20 comments:

Wendi said...

How wonderful! I worked in the records dept of a nursing/retirement home many years ago and I know how much the residents love the kids.

Julie said...

WOW is she growing up. I mean it WOW!! And she soooooooooo pretty!!
Love that you share, really do.
Blessings!!

Eileen said...

Our future "Dancing with the Stars" granddaughter! How happy these little ones must have made the residents day! The young and the seniors what a great combination.!! Spreading the sunshine all around!

Heather said...

So sweet what a doll she is! You must be so proud of her! And those look like some very nice goody bags :) ...Love Hearher

Kris said...

Oh how cute!! She is just darling, and I love her expressions! Such a neat thing to be a part of!!
xo Kris

Sonya Ann said...

My heart just melted!

McVal said...

Awe! I remember when my girls did that. They always looked so different with their hair slicked back and make up!

Nonnie said...

That's great! The residents just light up when young people come to visit.

Olives and Pickles said...

Great job!!!She is so beautiful and I can see thru her eyes she has a wonderful heart : )

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Jil, Kathleen is beautiful and so talented too. What a wonderful thing to dance for the elders bringing cheer and enjoyment. I know you are so proud of her.
The pics are darling.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

She is so cute! I think it is great that they get to perform for nursing homes. I think my Hailey's dance class is going to do the same around Christmas time. Kathleen looks so cute!

Patti said...

Thanks for popping by my blog this afternoon. It is nice to hear from you again.

It's been awhile since I've been by, but I see that some things never change...Kathleen is still as beautiful and photogenic as ever.

Love,
Patti

Mom Wife It's My Life said...

Looks like fun. Can't wait to get my daughter involved in more extra curricular activities in the spring (I don't winter drive and our winter is almost here), you should be proud for sure! PS. LOVE her pink tutu!

Nicolle said...

She is so precious, and such a beauty! What fun!

Beloved's Bride said...

Too Cute! She looks like she enjoys it very much! What cheer they must have brought to them all!

Sara said...

I haven't been here in awhile...can't believe how big the girls are getting! What a beautiful little dancer!

Camille said...

It truly is a blessing to be able to do community volunteer work. What a wonderful thing to encourage your girls to give back in this way. :)

Blessings to you!
Camille

Tara said...

Dear Kathleen,

You were a beautiful dancer. I loved your costume but the pictures of your smile most of all. Congratulations to you! Enjoy your Thanksgiving holiday! ~tara

Hena Tayeb said...

Oh how wonderful.. she looks great.

Kat said...

Hi Jill Kathleen is so adorable in her dance outfit. She looks very happy and I can imagine how happy and proud mama is. I wish I could come by more and do more blogging I always enjoy your kiddos
Have a Happy Thanksgiving