Sunday, January 6, 2013

Christmas party at my mom's house Part 1

Looking back through my photos I realize I have a lot of catching up to do! On the 15th of December my mom had our annual family get together at her home so we headed back to celebrate with everyone. We had a wonderful time but it always passes by way too quickly. Since I did take so many photos I will be breaking it up into different posts. :-)

I've said before and I have to say again I love being at my parent's house. It's always so warm and welcoming and my mom has a knack for decorating and has always welcomed others into her home. For years it's where we all come together. For this first part I'll be sharing some decorations from that day.

One of the appetizers I made that I just have to share are these bacon wraps. I saw the recipe from the Pioneer Woman's show on Food Network and they are delicious! I made some with turkey bacon and some with regular bacon. You take a club cracker sprinkle it with Parmesan cheese, wrap it with bacon and bake on 200 degrees for about 2 1/2 hours. They are freezable and be sure to heat them up before serving...a simple pop into the microwave will be fine or put the pan in the oven for a few moments on low heat.



Hayley was working so hard on her jewelry over the holidays, getting up at 5:30 AM and putting in long hours. She was rewarded with lots of sales, so proud of her. This is just a few of the pieces she made.


Here begins some of the decor my mom had that day and for the holidays.

My mom also had treats and goody bags for everyone!

This is her cabinet that holds so many wonderful collectibles. I admire them every time we visit :-)

The girls loved playing with the train and creating a village.

My dad has always been a huge nature lover, as is my mom and this day was no different...he was out early before everyone came making sure the bird feeders were filled for all the birds. So relaxing just sitting in the room and watching all kinds fly in each day.

He didn't even know I was photographing him from inside :-)


This little cutie made the tree look even better! ;-)


Kathleen was quite busy making pictures for everyone who was coming by that day.


She greeted everyone at the door as they came inside with their pictures. Don't you just love her outfit? LOL


Fresh fruit to enjoy as we prepared for the day.

Anxiously waiting......

Three of my favorite girls....so happy to be together!!


JoAnn is not a  family member by blood but is in our hearts. She is like a mom to Jerry and he wanted her to share in this day with us. The girls refer to her as their Baba (grandma :-)  It was so nice being able to spend a little time with her, we don't get to see her often enough.


I love taking random, unexpected pictures and just capturing the moments of good times.

This next picture is of my aunt Nancy and Uncle Steve. Uncle Steve hasn't been feeling well for a couple years now. We felt so blessed to spend the day with them. Again living so far away we don't get to see them often enough.


My aunt Jean....

My dad and cousin Diane....

Another picture of the girls getting reading to open their gifts....


And Jerry in his jingle bell shorts is the way to end this first part of our holidays, lol. More to come!


      Have a great week and if you haven't already be sure to stop by and enter my giveaway. :-)

                                                                      Blessings,
                                                                          Jill

9 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

Happy New Year to you and your lovely family!!

Eileen said...

The pictures turned out great. Now I can see what we did and what the place looked like. After weeks of planning and decorating , it tires you out. The pictures were just what I needed to see that everyone had a good time.
love ya

Wendi said...

The best part of Christmas is getting together with family. I am so happy you were able to spend time with extented family!

Nicolle said...

Jill, your pictures are all so wonderful. Those bacon appetizers look so good, so unique. I will have to remember those. I love Hayley's jewelry. She is very talented. I love Kathleen's pictures that she made for everyone...so sweet. Your mom's house does look SO warm and welcoming. I always love when you post pictures of it here. What a fun time! And, I especially love the little coffee area that was set up.

Have a good day.
xo

McVal said...

Everything looks so fun!!! Tell Hayley those necklaces are gorgeous!!!

Heather said...

Looks like you had a wonderful holiday so great you could spend it with family ~Love Heather

Kris said...

Oh Jill...I am so behind in my blogs, but this morning I had such a good time with you here!! Oh how warm and inviting your Mom's house is! And it is clear that it is filled with love! So excited for Hayley and her jewelry sales! And Kathleen....she is just the cutest little thing. That Christmas outfit is adorable!!!!! Her pictures reminded me of when my girls were her age! They did the same thing!!!!
Love Jerry's jingle shorts!!!!
This was a lovely post!!!!
xo KRis

Tara said...

Hi Jill,
Your Moms' house is lovely and she certainly put a lot into making her Christmas party beautiful. I think you take after her! (attention to every detail around the holdidays!)

~ Noelle said...

looks like yall had a great Christmas! Love all the decorations!!!!