Monday, February 18, 2013

San Francisco, CA!

Jerry recently came home from a business trip in San Francisco, CA. and took a variety of pictures while he was there. I thought I'd share a few of them today. I was in CA. long ago when I was little to visit my aunt, uncle and cousin and to visit Disneyland for my birthday, but my memories are vague as I was so young. I just remember it was a very long car trip across the states and I remember taking lots of pictures in Death Valley, lol. My parents have that trip documented with a few Polaroids. My how far pictures have come with technology! I find it intriguing that he got to see Alcatraz in a boat tour, but didn't have time for a tour inside this time. I just love history and all the stories it has to offer. Hope you enjoy the photos.


He said the architecture is just amazing out there!

Ahhhh Ghiradelli chocolate! :-)


Closer to Alcatraz!


A lot of history and stories in these walls....


Bikes are apparently the way to go in San Francisco! Jerry said there is very little parking available and when you do find it it costs a lot!


Just a few snapshots from his short stay. :-) Any of my readers near this area? Recommendations for favorite places to visit? I've always loved to travel and if I was rich I'd travel the world and see as much as I possibly could :-)

                                                                       Blessings,
                                                                           Jill

12 comments:

Eileen said...

Wow,he took some beautiful pictures. He could be a professional photographer. Shame you and the girls couldn't have gone with him. Maybe one day.
The crabs looked great! I thought only Maryland had the best crabs. :-)

Kerri said...

Jill- you never mentioned that Jerry was a photographer? Boy did he get some great shots! I have always wanted to visit California...maybe someday. I would especially like to visit this time of the year...I am so OVER this cold weather we are having!

Nonnie said...

Those pics are fabulous! Beautiful! I am so with you on the Ghiradelli chocolate. Thanks for sharing the photos. I have always wanted to see San Francisco, but never wanted to actually go there. (If that makes any sense.)

Simone said...

I've never been to San Francisco although I have wanted to visit. The pictures are great! It's just as good as being there!! It would've been so much fun for you and the girls to be there.

Kris said...

Jerry got some fantastic photos. Looks like an unusually clear day he got too. San Francisco is one of the most fun cities I have ever visited. So much to do!!!
My nephew and his wife live up in that area.
You should go if you ever get the chance!
XO Kris

Julie said...

I love posts with so many great pictures in them. Thank you for sharing. I'm sorry I haven't been around to visit much but I'm reading and enjoying your family and everything.
Take care Jill and have a blessed afternoon.

Nicolle said...

I agree with Kerri, Jerry is a wonderful photographer! Wow. These photos are beautiful. I have been all over, but have yet to get to CA. I would love to go, especially now after seeing these shots.
xo

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Great pictures! I got to go to San Francisco for a whirlwind one day trip when I was a senior in high school. It was really fun and I remember a lot. My only regret is that we didn't have time to tour Alcatraz since I'm a history buff, too. So glad your hubby got to go. Hope you get to go next time!

Kat White said...

Nice photos Jill, I live 1 hour and 45 min from there so I know the place well. It is fun to visit but you don't want to live there! My husband dreams of moving back to PA someday but it's to cold for me there. I am a California girl now. Even though I was not born here. the girls are growing so fast! they are just beautiful. Have a great weekend. Hugs

Tara said...

Your husband is quite the photographer! Ohhh it makes me want to travel!

Val said...

I was there once in the 80s and can hear the sea gulls just looking at the pictures! Beautiful!!! We went on a boat ride around Alcatraz too!

Camille said...

Great shots! I had to chuckle at seeing the seagull included...they are so common where we live...every time we are on our beach walk we see them. Alcatraz (sp?) looks so incredibly scary...imagine being taken over for the last time! Perhaps next time Jerry is there you could all go together. :)

Blessings,
Camille