Thursday, July 25, 2013

Gettysburg, PA. Visit/Updates

Summer is flying by and I wanted to update with our trip to Gettysburg before we go on vacation coming up next week. We stayed at my parent's house and our neighbors from England came down with us to stay and camp out at my parent's house as well. They wanted the opportunity to see Gettysburg :-) It was quite hot that day, but we had a lovely weekend. I had also just found out that I finished my Bachelor's degree with honors and a 4.0 grade point. I was so happy, I cried.... Can't wait to get my formal diploma. I have also been accepted into their Masters program starting September 3rd. A lot of hard work and lack of sleep, but so worth the sense of accomplishment.

Here are a few random pictures from our day at Gettysburg. I just love visiting there...


Eternal Flame


It has been such a blessing watching these four grow up together!


Love this picture of Kathleen and the leaf she found. Always aware of nature and the beauty around her!


A walk in the woods, lots of hiking on this day ;-)


Too cute... we also came across Waldo!!! LOL


Can you imagine hiding here from your enemies?


There is so much to see and do in Gettysburg, you can't possibly fit it all into one day. We plan to all go back again in the fall to do more that they have not yet seen. :-)

That night we had smores and hung out by the campfire.


In other news.... we don't have a huge garden this year because we started late, but we did get to pick our first tomato!! Kathleen was so excited!


This was the card Hayley made me for graduating :-)



Kathleen also made me a beautiful pop up card! She took it to add a few things and couldn't find it when I went to take the picture, lol. But I love and treasure both of them :-) Thank you both...you know you both mean everything to me!

And finally just because it's a cute picture and more proof how spoiled our furry children are a picture of Jerry carrying Patches up the stairs.... lol


So now we have each other, two lovely girls, 1 in charge cat, a fish pond outside, fish tank inside and 5 dogs to complete our family. ;-) Always hectic, crazy, busy but wouldn't have it any other way!

Now a little funny story to share... for those who follow me on instagram you have already heard this story.... Hayley wanted to make hot tea for me and Kathleen the other night.... so I saw her put the cups in the microwave and she went to the bathroom for a minute, next thing I know she comes flying out saying she smells smoke...and yup you guessed it the microwave was on fire! I quick threw baking soda on  the cups to put out the flames, I said did you leave a spoon or something in there? Then I realized what it was... she forgot to put water in the cups and the tea bags caught on fire! LOL. Thankfully no injuries, no major damage other than 2 lost cups being burned so bad... but we had and still are having a good laugh over that one. Hayley girl you know I love you.... you make me smile every day and I wouldn't have it any other way.

If you have an instagram account and like to follow me there, I post pretty frequently since it is a bit easier for quick updates. I'm set to private but send me a request to follow along jillkh.

Have a wonderful weekend!!! Off to do more packing for a whirlwind week ahead. First stop will be the Crayola Experience so will be dedicating a whole post to that since we won!!

                                                                     Blessings,
                                                                          Jill

8 comments:

Sheila said...

Looks like y'all had a good time at Gettysburg. Thanks for the memories--I miss being able to visit there any time we wanted. We have been talking about making a trip back to Dillsburg some day. We really miss PA=( Love the tea story! Your girls are gorgeous as always and I love to see how other families spoil their animals too. Congrats on your graduation. Hope y'all have a great weekend. Take care.

Sonya Ann said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely pictures. You have such a wonderful life.
And having the tea bags catch on fire sounds like something that would happen at our house!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

If there is one place in the United States I could visit it would be Gettysburg. Thank you for the photo tour. My son also enjoyed it. Congrats on your degree!

Along A Widowed Road said...

Have a great vacation!
Can't wait to see the Crayola post with all the pictures.

Congrats again on completing your degree program, so difficult but so worth it.

Hugs, Viola

Beloved's Bride said...

Congratulations on your Graduation! I had wondered if you were still plugging away on your classes! I bet it feels great! So, nice that the girls could see finishing your goal.

Love the picture of the leaf she found!

It looks like a great vacation! I hope you are having fun. I sure do want to get up to Gettysburg again!

Looking forward to seeing where you are off to next...

Sweet Tea said...

She did surprise you alright, tho with a fire, instead of tea! Glad all is well and no one was hurt...Great photos. So fun to see your girls growing up...I.Am.So.Proud.Of.You.
What a major accomplishment, and all while raising a very active family. Great job!!

Camille said...

Oh Jill...my Sweetheart would LOVE to see Gettysburg...what a great place to tour around! Your pictures show what a HUGE place it is. I am sure days could be spent there (by my Sweetie). :) Congratulations on graduating with honours...wow!! That represents a LOT of hard work and dedication! A masters? What is your plan for after?? Have a wonderful time away with your family.

Blessings to you!
Camille

Hena Tayeb said...

looks like you had a wonderful time.