Sunday, September 15, 2013

Finishing up vacation of summer 2013

We wrapped up our vacation at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, Va. Our vacation had 2 hospital visits for Kathleen, traffic that took up most our travel days to and from places, Jerry's new IPhone fell into a pool on a water ride and died, no amount of rice could save it.... our washing machine caught fire and we needed a new one, Jerry needed a root canal....yup...one of the most expensive vacations we've ever had to take! But there's always next year. So here's a little glimpse of the one day we had a Busch Gardens.

They got these punishments correct! LOL ;-)

Since Kathleen wasn't feeling the best still we rented a stroller for the day so she could rest as she needed to.

Silly girls! LOL
Kathleen loved this snail because he was wearing a mustache! ;-)

Hayley is definitely our thrill seeker. She loves the roller coasters, this was the Griffon.

No matter where we may be, Jerry always finds the coffee stands!

Yikes! She touched the snake, I however just took the pictures :-)

Ever since she was little Hayley has been our hat girl. I don't think there's one style she can't wear! LOL
Love the Clydesdale horses we see there. Such strength and beauty.

While it was pouring down rain we were able to duck inside and grab lunch and a spectacular show!

I have pictures from years ago of Hayley by these same eggs :-) My how much she's grown!

Kathleen getting her hair wrap!

Two peas in a pod! ;-)

In other news.... I had a birthday and received the most amazing cards from my girls. I hope they know how much I treasure these!


For the start of a new school year Kathleen got a rainbow loom and has been making some beautiful creations!

She set up her Ipod, pulled up You Tube to watch instructional videos :-)

She's very determined to figure things out on her own. Must be the red hair! ;-)

This picture she made me after I started back to work, it means a lot to me. Going back to work is an adjustment in our home, but so far is going well. Everyone has been pitching in and helping out which makes a difference. I am teaching in the school as a 1 to 1 for a child with special needs. It is at Kathleen's school so we get to ride in together and come home together which she loves. I'm taking my Masters courses now so it's a juggling act but I know it will all work out ok. :-)

First day of seventh grade!!!!!! August 28, 2013!
First day of second grade August 28, 2013!
And Cooper....adjusting well in his new forever home :-)

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend! Many Blessings.....    Jill

7 comments:

Nonnie said...

Wow! What a vacation! Looks as though you had a great time in spite of everything and fabulous pics! Hope everybody is doing well now. I know you will treasure those birthday cards from your daughters.

Tara said...

Hey there Jill!!!! How are you! I've missed your posts over the summer... so glad that you're back! LOVE looking at your pictures and you happy family! Thinking of you as you start your Masters degree. ~tara

Tara said...

Hey there Jill!!!! How are you! I've missed your posts over the summer... so glad that you're back! LOVE looking at your pictures and you happy family! Thinking of you as you start your Masters degree. ~tara

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

When it rains it pours! So sorry to hear about all your unexpected expenses. Happy birthday! Loved cards your kids made you. You are blessed indeed!

Sonya Ann said...

You really had some problems! We too, seem to have stepped in the "drain my wallet" wading pool. Seems to be going around.
The girls are getting so big and are beautiful!

Nicolle said...

Happy belated birthday, if I didn't get a chance to wish you happy birthday before. I LOVE the cards from your girls. You inspire me with all that you do and how you balance things in life...home, family, work, school. Some days I feel overwhelmed and I do SO LITTLE! xo

Hena Tayeb said...

so much fun!