Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Winter's wrath

Once again we are taking a hit with nasty winter weather and I am so looking forward to warm summer days.... Not only hit with snow accumulations but now we are dealing with freezing rain and ice accumulations. Not even the temperatures or type of snow to make it fun and enjoyable for the kids. :-(  So today I thought I'd share some photos from around our yard and into the development. Power outages all around us...hoping ours stays on.


                                 The Sky is Low, The Clouds are Mean by: Emily Dickinson

The sky is low, the clouds are mean, a traveling flake of snow across a barn or through a rut debates if it will go. A narrow wind complains all day. How someone treated him; Nature like us, is sometimes caught without her diadem.

Definition of diadem: A crown worn as a sign of royalty. Royal power or dignity.

The ice is really awful... trees down everywhere. Accidents.... etc. If you look closely at the branches you can see the icicles.




                                   These are our neighbor's trees across from us. Such a gloomy day.


                        Yucky roads.... many neighbors have tried to leave and ended up coming back!



                                                   Trees along our fence line....


Poor Kathleen....I think she's tired of the weather and not being able to get outside. Her and Owen curled up warm and comfy on the couch to watch TV. Not often my kids are in front of the TV. Time to get some activities together for some fun today. :-)


If you are in the part of the country getting all this mess, I hope you stay safe and warm! For all those in warm temps. send me some pictures of flowers and green trees and grass...please! LOL :)

                                                                        Blessings,
                                                                             Jill

11 comments:

~ Noelle said...

wow -
although it isn't fun weather, you did get some BEAUTIFUL pictures...
(Have to look for the bright side!)
Hope yall stay safe and warm...

Sonya Ann said...

The pictures were well taken but the subject is well.....blech. But it is said with love.
Stay warm!

Nonnie said...

Oh my goodness - so sad for your dilemma. But oh my goodness, your photos are gorgeous! How lovely and refreshing those will be on a hot summer's day.

Your daughter and the dog look quite cozy. Do I detect a bit of cabin fever in their expressions?

McVal said...

I know it's a mess, but the pictures are so peaceful and pretty! Good to catch up with you too!

Celestina Marie Design said...

Hi Jill, You sure have the snow and ice. Your pics are beautiful but I know dealing with it is not so fun. Living in the north and growing up in Michigan, I've had my share of snow and ice.
It is very cold here in Texas and today one of the worst. We are all so ready for spring.

Thank you for stopping by and your kind comment. Stay safe and warm in the cold. Tell your mom hello.
Blessings and hugs~

Miranda @ Pressing On said...

I haven't popped in to check on my favorite blogs in a really long time!! Good to read about how you are all doing.

Goodness, it looks so yucky out there! My kids have gotten used to not really being able to play outside during the winter (the LONG winter), but when we're actually forced to stay home during ice and snow storms, everyone gets restless around here. Hang in there!

Julie said...

I love the fire hydrant in one of the pictures. That pop of red was awesome.
I know about all this snow and ice and we have the cold. We are sooooo tired of winter.
You took some amazing pictures Jill and I loved that you shared them.
Try and just stay home and safe and if you must go out, slow and steady.
Take care and have a blessed day!

Olives and Pickles said...

Looking forward to summer time as well..
take care my friend
patty

Beloved's Bride said...

Can't wait for summer time too! The weather is nasty but it sure did make some outstanding "Beautiful" pictures!

Camille said...

I've stopped by a few times to find that you have been quiet for quite some time. Just thinking of you today, Jill. Trust all is well? Hugs, Camille

Donna said...

Such a beautiful place! We got snow too but it doesn't look near as pretty as your place. Hope everyone is well.