Saturday, April 19, 2014

Change...the only guarantee in life









It has been too long once again since I've blogged. So many times I've wanted to sit down and let the words flow...but obligations kept me from doing so. Life gets so busy sometimes we can forget to take the time for things that bring us joy....and comfort.... and writing, it's my outlet for the stress.

When I began this blog it was a new beginning and journey from my husband losing his job in 2010 when the company closed it's doors. And I knew somehow, some way no matter how difficult; we'd get through it...and though we never have recovered all the way financially...I have my family...what truly matters.

January, 2014 we were given another blow on the job front....the company my husband works for was selling the company and the new company was relocating to Florida....although they wanted to relocate us, they didn't want to match my husband's current pay. Therefore they played games for several months with him before finally realizing they could not afford him. We traveled several states to find a job comparable to his pay and benefits.... we finally found a company to treat him right or at least we have that faith at this time. This new journey will be taking us to Ohio....

This home is the only one Kathleen has ever known and Hayley since she was 4 years old. Moving is going to be a big upheaval in all they know and have grown to love and Hayley will be leaving behind her first boyfriend, Ian.  I'm not sure the full enormity of it all has hit them... sure we've all had tears, but we plan to finish this school year out and that gives us more time. We do have a contract on our home as long as nothing falls through...which my confidence is not in these buyers at all.... we are not making any money on the sale of our home, in fact there's a good chance we will be taking quite a bit to the table.

So this blog will be on a new journey of discoveries and I will be taking time off of work again once we move, as I help my family adjust to moving where we once again know no one. Jerry starting over again at a new company and our finances upside down and everywhere.... I need to put it in writing for I can vent and feel some of the stress release. I've received emails from so many of you asking where I've been and what's going on and I've wanted to respond, but individually would have taken quite a while... and I so appreciate each and every one of you that stop by to see how things are going with us. I wanted to do a post that would help explain why I haven't been on often... because I'm juggling so much right now my heart hurts.....

Jerry and I have been through so much as a couple and I know we'll get through this as well, but there are many unknowns to the process and I'm tired...so tired of rebuilding my life every few years. Never really having a place to call home... not sure how it is all going to work out....just makes me sad....

So I will do my best to keep updated on here and let you know how this journey unfolds and in what direction we will go... I'm trying to stay positive for our girls and look at it as an adventure... and what an adventure it already is... issues with our realtor and more; days I feel like we just can't win. We work so hard as a couple to do what is best for our girls... if you could keep us in your prayers it would be greatly appreciated as this unfolds and we start anew...

To new beginnings.....

                                                                        Blessings,
                                                                             Jill

14 comments:

Wendi said...

Jill, I am so sorry. I will be praying that you find peace with this move.

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Dear Jill, I am so sorry to read of your recent changes and having to move once again. I know this journey too well. We have moved so many times, if I see another moving box I will explode. LOL However our moves were job related transfers and nothing like you are going through now. I know this has to be difficult with the girls and to change their world as they know it in your current home. But you know, God has a purpose and although it is hard to see the whys right now, your answers will unfold as time goes forward. This challenge will only make you a stronger family and God will see you through it all.
In the meantime, my prayers will be with you and your sweet family as you move to your new home. We too lived in Ohio for 4 1/2 years on our moving path. It was hard moving our son from schools he loved and friends he made, but in the end, the experiences he had would have never been without our moves. Your girls are strong, you taught them well and they will be your strength as you make these big changes.
Wishing you much love and best wishes for all to go as smooth as possible. Best wishes and prayers for your hubby in his job position too.
Blessings for a Happy Easter.
Sending Hugs!!

Kris said...

Oh Jill, my heart just hurts for you. I knew something was up, and I have been worried. First of all, I am so happy that Jerry has found a new job. That is scariest part! We are no stranger to this sort of change, and I know how hard it was on us! The girls are at a rough age to be moving. Especially Hayley! Gosh, I feel for all of you. But you are a strong family, and you will get through all of this, and it will make you even stronger! You will certainly be in my prayers!!!
Love,
Kris

Victorian1885 said...

Happy Easter Jill
Have faith that everything will work out. The good thing about change and moving is you will meet new people and have new adventures.
My Sweeties career in Banking had us moving every four years and although it was hard to say goodbye and start fresh so often I really feel some of the people we met along the way are our closest friends and some feel like family.
It has all paid off and we were able to retire early in 2013.
Take care of yourself and hold your Family close...life is a great adventure.
Hugs
Wanda

Nicolle said...

Oh Jill! My heart goes out to you. You are the sweetest, and have a precious family. I am keeping you all in my prayers as you move. I pray that the new home and new job become a huge blessing for all of you. I know it's hard, but I can tell that your family has a lot of love, and that will see you through. Hugs and prayers. Thank you for the update! I have been thinking of you. xo

Happy Easter!

Julie said...

Girl, these changes that the Lord keeps handing us is hard to handle but we will do this.
You will do this. I can't imagine having to move my family somewhere's new but you have such great girls I am sure they will make new friends and do their best to keep their old friends. In this day and age keeping up with friends is so much easier.
Good luck Jill. You are always in my prayers.

Sweet Tea said...

I'm so sorry that things are not going smoothly. We know these times come during life but it doesn't mean we learn to like it. I pray this turns into a future of happiness that exceeds all that you, Jerry and the girls can even imagine at this time. Please stay in touch and let us encourage you as you move forward.

Kerri said...

Jill- I am so sorry you are going through this right now...the good news is Jerry found a job and that must be a great relief. I hope this move will turn out to be a blessing for you guys. You have a strong close family...and you guys will get through this and hopefully become even closer. I am from Ohio and all of my family live there...it's not so bad. ;) Where are you moving to?

A Primitive Homestead said...

Praying for your new beginnings.

Skyline Spirit said...

pretty nice blog, following :)

Mandisa Chesser said...

Jill,
You and your family will definitely be in my prayers. I can't stand moving from one house to another within the same city so I can only imagine how you must feel! I know things are very frustrating and even a little sad for you right now, but remember... God always allows EVERYTHING to eventually lead to good. Just know that there is something better for you and your family up ahead, and there are MANY blessings waiting for you in Ohio.
God bless

~ Noelle said...

so sorry for the changes you are all being faced with. but with your strong family and faith, you can do it and find a silver lining in it all

Bevy @ Treasured Up and Pondered said...

I'll be thinking of you as you adjust to your situation...moving/relocating...and all that that entails.

House Blessing for you to ponder:

Every home where love abides and friendship is a guest, is surely home and home, sweet, home for there the heart can rest. ~ Henry Van Dyke

Camille said...

How are things coming along my friend? I trust all is well with all of you?? Praying for you today...With Love, Camille