Thursday, October 2, 2014

Banana pudding bread and more

It is an incredibly foggy, eerie like day here today. Had to take a few photos of how thick the fog is.



Always a concern when the girls have an hour long bus ride in the mornings. Luckily the bus has a bright flashing light to help. Creepy looking around though.....

The highlight of this morning was how adorable Kathleen looked on her way to school today! She wore her golf outfit she picked out to go golfing in with her daddy. :-) She definitely brightened my day.



So in contrast to today's photos, I have started taking pictures of the pretty sunrises and the slightest changes in the trees and landscape as fall approaches. We have still been picking quite a few raspberries off our bushes and so thankful as we have seen how expensive they are in the grocery store.

The house you see is our neighbors, the only one we have near us.




Kathleen's long walk to the bus stop, Cooper always walks down with us :-)




Beautiful sunrise in the morning.



It takes a family to pick all these raspberries, lol! But so worth it! I'm freezing them so we can enjoy them through the winter.






I love how I was able to capture this mist over the hillside one morning...



Jerry has an interesting way of cutting grass. He had us cracking up laughing because he was singing on the top of his lungs with his ear phones in to his music and it was echoing all over! Gotta love him..he certainly keeps life interesting :-)



Have to share this funny picture....we were in a mall the other day and you can take a train ride through the whole mall. We convinced Hayley to ride with Kathleen and you know how "fun" that is for a teenager, lol. So Jerry had to embarrass Hayley a little more by running down behind the train and waving to them and calling out "bye, have fun!...." He followed them quite awhile...poor Hayley! LOL. Kathleen however thought it was great.


Another funny to share, the other day as I went to make lunches and I came upon this slice of pizza Kathleen put in the fridge. I was laughing so hard! If you follow me on Facebook and Instagram you've already seen it, but I have to document this memory. ;-)


She cracks me up.... some of the things she comes up with. Hayley was funny, she said "you think that will stop me from eating it?" lol. Needless to say the pizza remained Kathleen's!

Elvis is enjoying all his special spots still in the house. My next life I need to come back as one of my pets. :-)


Three of our dogs, Skippy, Bella and Owen got groomed but of course wouldn't let me get a good picture of them. They are wearing Halloween bows :-)


Grooming is a good thing, especially when sleeping in the bed with Kathleen!!! ;-)


Ok now to share this delicious banana pudding cake recipe I found. So absolutely incredible and one of Jerry's new favorites. Well ok we all like it too.... and I've been making it for our guests as well. :) In our new house I have a gas stove and I must say I love cooking with it over electric! Everything cooks so much nicer.


Banana Pudding Cake

1 box yellow cake mix
1 small box instant vanilla pudding
4 eggs
2 T. water
1 cup sour cream
2 medium bananas mashed
1/2 cup oil

Put all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Blend on low speed 1 minute, scraping bowl often. Beat 2 minutes on medium high speed. Do not over mix. Pour in a greased and floured bundt pan. Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Then turn out and cool completely. Enjoy!!!

      "It is critical that we learn to recognize when we have enough. If we are not careful, we will begin to chase after the temporal more than the spiritual"      ---John U. Teh

                                                                      Blessings,
                                                                           Jill


7 comments:

Kris said...

Hi Jill! Your area is lovely! The sprawling yard...the trees....all so pretty!! I had to laugh at the lawn mowing!! Clever fellow. And also at him running behind the train. He reminds me of my Dad, with the silly things he says and does. He makes life fun!!! Kathleen looks absolutely adorable in her golf outfit!! She is just so cute! And the doggie on her pillow!!!! Yes, grooming is a good thing. I just had Ducey done, complete with summer shave for his awful itchy skin, flea dip, and two shots. 98 dollars!!!
I am making that cake! YUM
I missed the pizza post on IG? What a hoot!!!
xo Kris

Nonnie said...

Oh my goodness! What a beautiful land you live in! Your photos are gorgeous and your daughter is funny. That's how I used to claim the best piece of chicken from my sister. She needs to keep up with the golf. Just plain fun with her Dad, but also, my niece won a golf scholarship to college.

And same thing with my pets. :-)

~ Noelle said...

Ha! That pizza post is awesome... I am sure Broxton will be doing that soon when the brothers come to visit. That is hilarious!
I absolutely LOVE your photos!! It is such a beautiful place... I am so jealous!!!!
Thanks for that cake recipe...
I want to try it soon :)
YUM

McVal said...

That pudding looks awesome!

Hey - I was listing my bloggy friends this morning on FB and went back to see who I'd missed on the first round. You weren't there! Is something wrong with Facebook today?

Victorian1885 said...

Hello Jill
The fog sure added to the beauty of your photos... The girls are growing up so fast! Thank you for sharing the banana cake recipe!

McVal said...

Nevermind! I found you! I'd been looking for your name and not the name of the blog...

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Jill, your home and setting is simply gorgeous. You captured the early morning mist beautifully. Love seeing the area where you are living. God is so good and blessed you with such a gorgeous spot on earth to be.
Kathleen is so cute dressed in her golfing outfit.
Love the pizza save!! Creative idea Kathleen had.
Thanks for sharing the cake recipe too.

Enjoy the fall season and Happy October sweet friend.
Hugs and Blessings