Thursday, November 6, 2014

My Hayley

My amazing, beautiful, funny and inspiring daughter; Hayley....you are growing up way too quickly... it seems like just yesterday I brought you home from the hospital and started this incredible journey of being your mom. At 13 you don't always want your pictures included on my blog, but I am just too proud of you and filled with so much love for you to not do this post...just for you! To share my love with others who don't know you like I do :-)

See this goofy smile? The endless selfies you like to take on my phone? I laugh every time I see them as I never know what face you will be making next :-)




My incredible Hayley has been such a trooper during our move. Never easy moving at any age, but middle school...that sure is tough. Leaving behind all you know to start fresh and new and not knowing how it will all turn out. But Hayley, she loves life and she embraces each day as a new opportunity. See these grades? New state, new town, new school and my girl is rocking her grades! Hayley your hard work is paying off and it's going to take you so far in life.


Her Algebra class is already at the high school level and now a meeting to find out about placing her in more classes at a higher level. Yup I'm beaming here....so proud I get choked up each time I think about it.

          "Education is the most powerful weapon you can use to change the world"  Nelson Mandela



She faces adversity with a positive attitude and always comes out shining. Her beauty, her humor...priceless. Her goofiness....classic, inspiring..... Always taking time to find the good in each day.



"Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like"  -Lao Tzu

When moving we have to embrace the changes and sometimes letting go of people and places we left behind. For friendships and relationships are more than a one way street. Through this journey we have learned who our truest friends are. The ones who are there for us, uplifting us and not tearing us down and causing us to fall.



Hayley is amazing in so many different ways, from caring for her pets, being an incredible big sister,  cooking, to crafting, to designing her beautiful jewelry....



Skittles cupcakes!!!


To riding the roller coasters and seeking those thrill rides, to the fantastic stories she writes that totally draw you in and at times leave you hanging wanting to read and know more.....



To making her friends laugh and inspiring them to be themselves....to be authentic and not morph into something they are not. Unless of course you get the unique opportunity to be a superhero! LOL . Particularly in this photo her best friend and her are having a grand time in Five Below with their super powers :-)



This beautiful, outstanding child of mine, who makes me smile everyday. Whom I admire more than she could ever possibly know and whom I love beyond words..... inspires me each day....to be the best I can be.... and for her to know I will be there for her through everything and cherish the knowledge that she knows she can come to me and talk about anything. That to me she will always be my little girl.



"For what it's worth: it's never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you've never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find that you're not, I hope you have the courage to start over again"  Eric Roth


My sweet Hayley, life is what we make it and there are no limits to our dreams, goals and accomplishments. Our only guarantee is that things change, but it is from this change that we grow into amazing individuals. We can let sad things destroy us, or we can use them to learn from and redefine ourselves. See the tough times as a stepping stone to greater things and not a stumbling block.

"Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don't"   Steve Maraboli



"We can't be afraid of change. You may feel very secure in the pond that you are in, but if you never venture out of it, you will never know that there is such a thing as an ocean, a sea. Holding onto something that is good for you now, may be the very reason why you don't have something better"  C. JoyBell




Being a teen can be tough and so is moving away from all that is familiar, but I am always amazed at the wit and intelligence Hayley possesses at the age of 13. So many people think she is so much older, as she is wise beyond her years. She doesn't even realize how truly incredible she is. There is no limit to all she can accomplish in life and how many goals she's already reached. Hayley I hope you read this and know what an amazing role model you are to your sister and how much she looks up to you! You make a difference every day and our lives are so blessed having you in it.



I love you, cherish you and there's nothing I wouldn't do for you. I waited so long to be a mom, and you have made it everything I could ever dream it could be. Being home for you and your sister has been one of the biggest blessings in my life and there's nothing I would change.


"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts"  Washington Irving


I will always be by your side my sweet Hayley...through the good and the bad....I love and care about you more than you could possibly ever know. This post is only a fraction of how highly I regard you and whether I have 5 readers or a million readers.... you are the only one I am writing this for....so one day when I am no longer here, you can read it along with the journals I will leave behind; as many times as you want and never doubt how very loved you are! We're a team on this journey through life and I always have your back....forever.

                                                                 Love you.... Love, Mom :-)

11 comments:

McVal said...

AWE!!!!! It's not fair... You made me tear up already today!!!
What a beautiful letter to a beautiful girl, inside and out. Good job Mom!

Billie Jo said...

This is beautiful, my new friend...
What an amazing, beautiful daughter!
And how blessed is she to have such a loving mother?! : )
Have a nice weekend!

Nicolle said...

Oh Jill, this is BEAUTIFUL! You and Hayley are both gorgeous, full of happiness and life, and so much more. I love this post to pieces! You are an amazing mom. Hayley is an amazing daughter!

Patti said...

Great photos and such a beautiful tribute to your precious Hayley. Wishing her a fantastic birthday and an awesome new year of life.

Love,
Patti

Nonnie said...

What beautiful words for your daughter to read from her Mother. From reading past blogs and seeing your photos, it's pretty obvious the joy you have in being Mom to these lovely girls. Your pic together is gorgeous and it should be framed, along with that letter.

Julie said...

This is awesome Jill. Something Haley will cherish for a very, very long time. On those days she things no one loves her, she'll have proof you do. On the days she'll need a bit of uplifting, all she has to do is read. You are an inspiration to your daughters. They love you so.
Thank you for sharing your daughters and life.
Blessings my friend!

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Jill,
Congrats to Hayley and her awesome grades. She is amazing and your tribute to her is moving and heart touching. You are a wonderful mother my friend!!

Dear Hayley, I loved reading your mom's beautiful post in your honor. You are an amazing young lady and I know you are gifted and really going places in your life. I love that you are so grounded and genuine. I am sure this is due to your wonderful mother and dad.
Stay sweet and may God continue to bless your life!
Sending Hugs your way!!
Celestina Marie

Victorian1885 said...

Jill
What a beautiful post to celebrate your beautiful daughter Hayley! I am sure she is just as proud to have you as her Mom.
Congratulations Hayley on all your hard work at school!
HUgs
Wanda

~ Noelle said...

Such a sweet post. What is great is you know she is an awesome girl and I am pretty sure she knows how great she is... and how awesome you are :)
Love your family...

Sonya Ann said...

She is a pretty girl and more important a smart girl. I am proud of her and proud of you, MOM. Thank you for sharing your journey!

Tara said...

So beautiful friend! She is amazing; and look at that report card!!! I've been keeping her in my prayers as soon as you shared you might be moving... I'm so glad she is doing so well :) love, tara