Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Getting ready for the holidays!


Well you know how the saying goes.... life happens while you're making other plans? Yes, that's the story of our lives right now. Had a bunch of posts lined up and ready to put on, but some health issues and more recently this past Friday night...a car accident where we were hit from behind.... instead of focusing on the bad... I'm going to focus on the good things that have happened. We are all in one piece, some injuries but not life threatening and for that I thank God and continue being thankful for my family. Being here just the 4 of us with no family and friends nearby has been really tough lately and recently this accident put it even more into perspective. So many thoughts racing through my mind and the awful.... what if it was worse? No one to call nearby.... Lots on my mind, but going to catch up and post all the events before that happened. :-)

Like snow in November that gave me a photo opportunity for our Christmas cards this year :-) Choosing 1 was pretty tough!




My girls look so grown up in these photos... 13 and 9! Days just flying by..... love them so much!





This photo below is the one that made the cut for our Christmas cards! :-)



Hayley found this idea below on Pinterest.... but forgot to redo her nails before the photo shoot....I told her they were fine, just keeping things "real" and I love how the picture turned out.









Love that I was able to capture Cooper in this shot! He loves being with his family :-)




We also did decorating before Thanksgiving since we had my parents and my sister and her family coming out. We celebrated Christmas then since we will not have anyone visiting at that time this year. :-(



We also decorated a tree in our guest room and the girls tied Jerry up in lights, lol. We always find a way to make things fun!



Me and my "mini" me, having fun!




LOL, I love Hayley's face behind us... and the other selfies of us being goofy is not landing on this blog! ;-)



We attempted to put up Christmas lights, but unfortunately were never able to complete getting it done.


We made sure Santa knows where to stop!!! :-)



I was so happy to have a front porch this year, so I made up another little country tree and got a homemade sled to decorate. Always wanted a front porch to dress up through the seasons!




As you can notice Jerry makes sure he has his Raven's snowman out every year.... even if we do live in a Steelers and Cleveland Browns Domain!! LOL, got to stay true to where we are from originally!


Guest room tree all done! Girls decorated it on their own this year.



Oh we had a lovely day on a local Christmas walk! 4 homes in our neighborhood opened the doors and visitors came through to see decorations and antiques and history and crafts displayed! Couldn't take a lot of pictures for privacy reasons, but this one home let us photograph a tree that is the oldest living in the nation. It's roots grew so big that they literally had to shrink their kitchen area. Pretty awesome and all the homes were delightful! We had a great day. Then went to craft shows and visited local stores, had hot chocolate and goodies... a great day for us all. One home had a fairies display and Kathleen loved it!




This was at the beginning of one of the houses we toured. Here everyone got a hand painted ornament! The girls really enjoyed seeing everything and it got them in the mood for Christmas!


Kathleen put her reindeer with her counting down days outside her bedroom door!



Lots of snow in November. This was at the bus stop...Cooper just loves it!



But living on this hill the wind sure gets cold and we make sure to bundle up! Some days when it's real bad, I'll drive my van down to sit in with Kathleen. Hayley is at the age where that is "NOT COOL" so she stands out in it. Crazy girl... lol.


The one day we had over 8 inches and my dad and I were shoveling for 2 1/2 hours....then a wonderful sight to see...my neighbor came over on his lawn mower with a blower attached and offered to do the rest of it! I was so very thankful :-)


Kathleen made this awesome scene out of play dough!



This was our dinner setting for Thanksgiving in our new home :-)






Because what would a good snowfall be without snow angels? ;-)




Here's the girl's enjoying their Thanksgiving meal together...


Wow, what a long post, lol. Thanks for hanging on till the end! :-) Will be writing more soon!
Hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving!

                                                               Blessings,
                                                                     Jill

9 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Jill, first off...so nice to see you!
Next...So glad you are all well and the accident was not worse!
I love the picture you chose for your cards! Enjoy this wonderful season. : )

Sheila said...

So thankful the wreck wasn't worse. Y'all are in my thoughts and prayers. I can't believe how grown up the girls are! Where does the time go?! Love your new house. It's just what I wish we had found in North Carolina. I wish a very Merry Christmas to you and your family. Take care!!

Camille said...

So sorry to learn of your car accident! So glad to read that none of the injuries are serious. It was lovely to see your home all decorated for the Christmas season. I like your front porch tree and sled...so welcoming and *country-cosy*. The photos of the girls are lovely...I think the close up of the two of them on the bench in front of the tree is frame-able....perfect! Hugs to you! Merry Christmas to you all. Love, Camille

Julie said...

I so love all your pictures. Thank you for sharing your life with us. The girls are growing up so fast. I remember them not so big when I started following you.
I hope that everyone has healed from the accident. Jim and I were rear-ended a little while ago and know about non-life threatening injuries but still the pain.
Merry Christmas my dear friend. I wish you all the very, very best!
Blessings!!!

Jodijmo said...

I just love your blog, I am also a SAHM (in NE Ohio) who loves making our house a home. Glad you and your family are ok from the accident. God is good......

I understand the Cleveland/Pittsburgh thing.....I'm a Cowboys fan, my husband a Colts fan and my 5 year-old son now says he's a Steelers fan.......:)

Tara said...

First of all... we are allll here for you... and all with you! I'm sure it's super hard to be in a new place this year but we are here in spirit!

I am so sorry that you had a car accident. Thinking of you and praying for you as you continue to recover.

Your home inside and out looks lovely this Christmas and I'm so glad that you were able to have your family to visit on Thanksgiving!

I love your card photos... perfect! (nails and all... lol)

I love visiting here!
~tara

~ Noelle said...

Love all of the photos!
The Christmas card one is super cute.. and being military, you know I LOVE the one with the flag too!!!

Hope yall are all okay.
Thinking of you during the holidays...

Nonnie said...

Beautiful photos. Everything is so Christmassy at your place. I'm really glad you all came out all right from your accident. That is always something that can shake you up real good.
Merry Christmas blessings.

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Dear Jill, I am so thankful you and your family are okay after being in an accident. Like you said, it could have been worse. I know too well the feeling of being in an area without family to call on for help. It is a challenge but somehow we get through with the help of friends that become our close by families.
Loved seeing all your pics from around your home inside and out. So much love here and everything is beautiful in the snow and sunshine.
The girls are growing so fast and so pretty. Love the pic you chose for your card.
Wishing you and yours the Merriest Christmas in your new home and many blessings into the new year.
Love to you
Hugs