Thursday, February 5, 2015

A Rising Star


So this little beauty had her first dance performance in our new hometown. She was in the musical Aladdin! The hair requirements were a pouf on top and low bun in back. Now I'm an 80's girl so I know all about teasing hair, but having her bangs all one length and very fine hair was a challenge! After getting some advice and lots of hairspray and teasing we got the bangs to pouf! LOL

Flash wasn't allowed on stage so a few pictures are blurry, but was happy and very excited to capture the moments!


Kathleen loves to dance and perform! She's been doing it ever since she was 3 years old!
She recently was cast at school to be in the play The King and I :-) That will take place in the Spring.


Hayley was taking a hip-hop class, but it's on hold due to her concussion. She came out to support her sister and other dance performers. Mr. D pictured here with Hayley is her instructor. He was Aladdin and he is an amazing dancer, very versatile! I was able to get a quick picture of them together.


The girls are very close and always there for each other :-) I hope it always remains that way.


 It was a wonderful performance we all enjoyed!

I just happened to have my cell phone this morning and was able to snap this picture of Kathleen as she was checking her Valentine mailbox. Owen sleeps with her at night and was by her side. :-) These little moments are what I treasure as a mom. Melts my heart....


At breakfast she proved even bananas can become a work of art :-)


We are still dealing with a bunch of snow and still not sitting well with me that they send the kids in terrible road conditions...like this morning. The roads were covered and icy. Yesterday a truck lost control and was spinning across the lanes as we were waiting at the end of our driveway in the van. It missed hitting the bus cresting the hill.... by about a minute...it was awful and shook Kathleen and I up emotionally, too close...

Cooper loves the cold weather...think he gets hot with all his fur! 14 1/2 years old and still going strong! He's trying to get water out of the water bowl outside, not understanding why it keeps freezing, lol.


Still caring for the birds and we know they appreciate it as much as we enjoy watching them...



A few snow pictures from around our yard. Calling for another big storm on Sunday.....Yuck!






Believe it or not we've cleared our front walkway several times.... We just can't get a break from the snow.


Saw this quote the other day and had to share..... wise words indeed. Have a wonderful weekend!


                                                                   Blessings,
                                                                       Jill

13 comments:

Kris said...

What concussion???? How did that happen?
Kathleen looked spectacular in the play. So pretty!!! She has changed so much in this past year! And Hayley toon she is all grown up!!!! How has she adjusted to the move? Does she still talk to her boyfriend?
The snownisnso pretty. But immsurenyounarenready for Spring!!
Hugs
Kris

Victorian1885 said...

Hello Jill
Kathleen looks so pretty all done up for her performance. Great job!
You sure have allot of snow to deal with this winter.
Have a great weekend!

~ Noelle said...

Love all the photos of the snow. We don't appear to be getting anything ... not even a flurry here, so I enjoy these :)

Billie Jo said...

Oh the snow!!!
It keeps coming, doesn't it!?!
Enjoy your lovely family and have a great weekend. : )

Gina said...

Oh my, that is a lot of snow! Your daughter looks so adorable in her Aladdin outfit! What fun. :-)

Sonya Ann said...

Looks like it was a wonderful play and it was fun for the kids and the adults.
Have a great weekend.

White Lace and Promises said...

I loved it when my baby girl was in all the high school musicals. She didn't learn to dance until she was in high school and was mad at me because I didn't make her when she was younger. She was shy. I tried and tried to get her to take dance. Your little dancer is a doll. I know it was fun! The snow is amazing! Wow! Beautiful. We don't see that here in the deep south.

RaD said...

We don't have snow here where we live, so your photos of it are gorgeous!

McVal said...

Gorgeous! When I was in highschool, I was in Alababa and the 40 thieves. So much fun! No dancing tho. I think we missed out!

Nonnie said...

Sooooooo much snow! Love your photos. Your daughter is so cute with the banana peel. Somehow I must have missed the post about your older daughter having a concussion. I'm sorry to hear that.

That is crazy they have to ride the school bus in all this weather. I suppose the city is just used to this much snow? Pity all the people who are having to drive to work, too.

Camille said...

Your home looks lovely my friend...amidst all that snow. Your skies are beautiful. Your girls are lovely. What a blessing that they are close friends...so wonderful. Hugs to you! Camille

Tara said...

Congratulations to your girl! She looks so cute! And your house in the snow... so so pretty!

Beloved's Redheaded Bride said...

Brr!!! I will pretend to feel guilty that we are in 85 degree weather. And, come summer when I am in 120 degree weather you can pretend to be sympathetic! (giggle)

Love the pictures of the musical. My little girls do dance as well. We happened to find a sweet little studio. They mostly do Christian dance stories but this year they are going to do Frozen (they call it Frost!)

So, you left a thought on my blog about HS. I think you would be great at it! I think you would love it actually. You are so creative with the girls anyway! You have real talent as a teacher that is for sure! - Carmen