Saturday, April 11, 2015

Crocheting, a Kite and Garden Prep

"A crocheted piece is the lovely manifestation of a thought, expressed through hand, heart, hook and yarn"  Francine Toukou


My little Kathleen never ceases to amaze me in her determination, talents and skills. A couple weeks ago she got the idea she wanted to learn to crochet and set her mind to learning. Since this is a skill I haven't tried yet, she turned to instructional videos on YouTube and spent hours practicing. Couldn't be more proud of her :-)





Elvis is faithfully standing by.... and playing with the yarn when she's not looking ;-) LOL


Here is a scarf she started for her sister. She has since completed it, but wrapped it up before I could get a picture! I'm sure I will have more creations to share soon ;-)



"When the wind of change blows, some people build walls and other people build windmills" Chinese Proverb

We had a beautiful, windy day this past weekend, perfect for kite flying. Jerry was showing Kathleen how to get it to fly.



She was so excited when we told her she could fly it on her own she shouted in joy and jumped in the air! :-) I was excited to catch the picture :-)



She had so much fun flying that kite and we were impressed because it was pretty strong wind!










Jerry is getting the garden plowed so we can soon start our planting. Can't wait to enjoy fresh food from our garden!




And totally unrelated to anything other than I tried these for the first time this weekend.... and they are delicious!! Much healthier than regular chips! It's a hit in our house! Sad to say they are now gone, didn't last long but getting more soon. :-) We found these at Whole Foods....just wish the drive wasn't so far away!


                                                                        Blessings,
                                                                             Jill

3 comments:

Billie Jo said...

How impressive she taught herself!!!!
And how smart to watch on you tube!
I never thought of that...
Maybe I could teach myself to sew a button. Or not. : )
Have a cozy weekend, my friend!

aimee said...

Pretty neat Kathleen! I am impressed:) Yum--I love chia seeds and also quinoa. Might have to try those.
Blessings, Aimee

Mandisa Chesser said...

Jill, it's so wonderful to see that Kathleen crocheted a scarf. My mother taught me how to crochet when I was about her age but I couldn't sit still long enough to actually make anything, LOL! So the fact that she did that AND actually had the patience to teach herself leaves me very impressed! Also, it's nice to see you getting your garden ready. Until I start a garden of my own, I'll just have to live vicariously through you:)