Monday, April 13, 2015

Inspiration and Thoughts


There are days when we could all use some inspiration.... thought I'd share a few favorite quotes for you to ponder. :-)




"We become what we think about"  Earl Nightingale

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones that you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, dream, discover"  Mark Twain

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life"   Steve Jobs





"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore"  Christopher Columbus

"There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing"  Aristotle

"Everything you've ever wanted is on the other side of fear"  George Addair

"Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful"  Booker T. Washington

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new" Albert Einstein

"It is not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do for themselves, that will make them successful human beings"  Ann Landers


My good friend Dawn and her husband are here visiting this week, so taking time to catch up and enjoy the couple days we have had together as they leave tomorrow.

Always loved how a particular quote can make me think of so many things and inspire so many emotions. Started my morning reading my daughter Hayley's posts from the weekend and how she shared one of her stories and the other day a poem. I love that she speaks her mind and is maturing into a wonderful young lady with a bright future ahead. Thanks to those of you that have visited her blog, left comments and followed her. She is currently looking for blogs to follow, and is interested in some around her age as well.  (Teen) If you have suggestions, please feel free to share the links or go to her page and let her know. Just click this link to visit her
Hayley Olivia's Reflections of Me

   Have an amazing day! Take time to call a friend, schedule a lunch or shopping day, or write a long overdue letter by hand. I promise you it will make all the difference to the person on the receiving end!

                                                                                Blessings,
                                                                                      Jill

6 comments:

Sonya Ann said...

The Mark Twain quote is my favorite. I have always thought that I don't want to be on my death bed and wishing that I had done something different. I've seen this before and it is heartbreaking.
I stopped breathing once and thought that I might die and right before I passed out I made peace with God and I asked for forgiveness and said if anyone knows I have tried hard, its You. Mind you, I didn't have much time so ti wasn't the greatest prayer but it did make me proud that I have tried hard to be present and do good things.

Wendi said...

Thanks for sharing those quotes. We can all use a little inspiration!

Billie Jo said...

Love the quotes!!!!
They made my day!
: )

NanaDiana said...

Enjoy the rest of your friend's visit! I love that your daughter writes and speaks her mind, too. It is wonderful to support our kids-even when we have different opinions on things.
Blessings to you, Jill. xo Diana

Julie said...

Awesome quotes Jill. It's all that take time to smell the roses thing. As busy as my life is I don't think I ever go to bed at night wishing I could change any part of my day...well maybe an extra hour once in awhile.
Having friends come to visit is wonderful, enjoy!!
I have read your last couple of post and you and your family are amazing. I so love the love I feel in each post.
Take care my friend. Blessings my dear!!

aimee said...

Great quotes! Some of them were familiar to me; but many weren't. Some of them are definitely speaking to me right now...
Have a good time with your friends:)
Blessings, Aimee