Sunday, April 19, 2015

Kathleen in The King and I School Production



A few months ago, Kathleen tried out to be in The King and I at the high school. She made it as one of the Royal children. :-) This was quite a big commitment for a nine year old as she juggled school and late night rehearsals and learning lines and songs. This was the first musical she has been in and she really enjoyed it! We are so very proud of her! The entire cast was amazing! These kids worked so hard and put on such a wonderful show! The music teacher who produced it is new to the school and is only 23 years old. Quite impressive for his first production.

I took the pictures with my cell phone and with low lighting it was hit or miss... I tried choosing the best ones to show a few of the scenes she was in. She is the red head in the dark green costume :-)


This is the scene where she meets Anna... their new school teacher.


Here the girl who plays her mother is helping her walk backwards to her spot on the stage.


Waiting for all the children to greet Anna and move back to their places under the watchful eye of the King. We enjoy musicals in our home and encourage the arts with our girls. She watched the movie before and had a good sense for what it was about. If you haven't seen the movie and you enjoy musicals, I'd highly recommend it :-)


Here they are listening to one of their lessons. All the ladies lined up are wives of the King! He had up to 70 plus children!!! Can you imagine!?



This is the "getting to know you" part of the movie where they sing and dance with Anna.






This is our beautiful Kathleen getting flowers from us at the end of the show. :-) Wish we had family nearby to see her as well. Such an amazing performance and always a big smile!


Our neighbor down the road brought her little girl who is in Kindergarten and rides the bus with Kathleen. She just loves Kathleen and told her mom she wanted to come see her. They gave her carnations at the end of the show, we thought that was so nice! A few teachers from school came to support her as well. In total the performed 4 shows! One Thursday night, then Friday night and two on Saturday! To say we are all tired is an understatement...lol


Not sure how well this will turn out but tried to catch a small video of some of the performance.

video

I am so very proud of her for trying something new and getting involved. I know it's an experience she will never forget! They took head shots of them and had them hanging up and also a booklet was done with a biography of each person in the play. :-)



                                                                           Blessings,
                                                                                 Jill

10 comments:

aimee said...

How fabulous--I would have LOVED being there! Congrats to Kathleen:)
One of our granddaughters has been involved with a couple of plays and they were SO much fun seeing! I hope Kathleen will continue her interest in the performing arts.
Blessings,
Aimee

Sonya Ann said...

How exciting that must have been for her!!!! Congrats to Kathleen for doing something so brave!!!!
And congrats to her for having such a wonderful mom.

Nonnie said...

That's wonderful!! What a great musicial to be a part of. I'm sure you were bursting at the seams as you watched your daughter.

NanaDiana said...

How wonderful, Jill! I used to be quite involved in Children's Theater and Music Theater at a local college. It was so much fun and it is so great to see the kids blossom and grow as they get used to being on stage. Congrats to your girl! xo Diana

ps. Thanks for visiting me, too, i if I sometimes neglect to tell you that- I do appreciate it!

Jennifer said...

My older children are both in two different dramas at the moment ... it is so much fun, but definitely lots of work!

My daughter was just saying the other day that she would love to do a production of "The King and I" ... what a great play for your daughter's first play!

Julie said...

Oh Kathleen has grown up to be quite the young talented young lady. I love those pictures. I would of gone if I lived near you. In fact, for the first time ever I went to my first high school musical play. It was awesome.
Thank you so much for sharing.
Blessings my friend!!!

Camille said...

What FUN!! I am sure she loved every minute of it. And...I know you were great supporters of all her efforts. Hugs to you! Camille

Laura {a spoonful of joy} said...

What a fun production to be a part of! I've been in plays before and I must agree - that is quite a commitment for a 9 year old. You should be proud! :)

Beloved's Redheaded Bride said...

Super exciting! I bet that will be a great memory.

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Jill, doing some catch up today. Congrats to Kathleen on her performance. It is exciting and such a wonderful time in learning and being involved. Your pics are fabulous and your little performer is beautiful!!
The video didn't work, but I enjoyed the pics and this post very much.
Give her my best!!
Hugs, CM