Monday, April 27, 2015

Spring around our yard


"Behold, my friends, the Spring is come; the earth has gladly received the embraces of the sun, and we shall soon see the results of their love!"   Sitting Bull


Finally had some weather warm to put out my new Spring flag... I love hummingbirds :-)



Flag is flying proudly in our yard......



Signs of new growth and awakenings are everywhere!


Hyacinths....along with lilacs one of my favorite flowers! Love the fragrance as I walk up the walkway.



Our bird haven is slowly coming into bloom!


We found this bird house at a yard sale last year and the birds love it! Was trying to get a good picture of the nest they are building inside, but couldn't get the best angle to do so.


So happy to see the clematis beginning to bloom!! At my old house I planted a clematis vine and it took several years to mature. I always enjoyed it's beauty when it started to bloom!!


I noticed Elvis was watching me from the front door as I was walking around the yard... so curious!!



"The beautiful Spring came; and when Nature resumes her loveliness, the human soul is apt to revive also"  Harriet Ann Jacobs


Spring just has a way of making everything better:-) No matter how harsh the winter and the challenges they face... the plants fight hard and come back each year.





"The day the Lord created hope was probably the same day he created Spring"  Bernard Williams


Ever since I was a child and played under the willow tree in my aunt Ethel's yard I have always loved this type of tree. So soothing and tranquil as it blows gently in the breeze. Perfect place for picnics, reading and more!


First load of mulch ready for the yard. Need to order a larger load soon! Our neighbor had some left over and was very generous in letting us have the rest. :-)




Makes such a difference in the trees and the flower beds.


Kathleen was really enjoying the beautiful warm day we had and time to swing again!! Although we've been known to swing year round! ;-) Notice I said "we"? LOL I love to swing...still.....


So excited and happy to see the asparagus the previous owners harvested popping up. The other day we picked some that were ready and they tasted so good straight from the garden to our table.



Garden tilling is done! Blackberry bushes to the left, and past that are asparagus, and strawberries!


This cement sun is something Jerry bought me when we moved to North Carolina in 1998. This sun has traveled with us since then on all our moves. It had seen better days as weather was taking it's toll. Jerry took a few minutes to repaint it for me and I just love how it turned out! All bright and cheerful again! We often put bird seed in it's hands and the birds enjoy that very much!


Just like new!


Some more beautiful blooms coming out...



Our seeds have gone wild! I think next year we will plant them a little later. It's still too cold to plant outside, but something needs to be done soon! They are too large for their pods.


Our raspberries are coming out too!




Another angle of the raspberries...


Beautiful tulips... if only they lasted longer!




Our pear tree is also getting ready to bloom and we enjoyed getting pears from it last year. We made a delicious pear sauce with them :-)


This little cutie brought her Ipad out to watch a movie in the beautiful weather. But mostly she played in the yard enjoying the fresh air :-)


                                                                    Have a wonderful day!
                   
"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved"   Helen Keller

                                                                     Blessings,
                                                                          Jill

10 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Good morning Jill!
Spring is beautiful in your yard!
I love your space!!!!!!
Enjoy it all my friend. : )

Camille said...

I *love* spring, too!! Hyacinths are one of my favourite flowers...so pretty. Your yard looks like a groomed field!! And, fresh asparagus from the garden? Amazing!! Enjoy all the spring happenings my friend. With Love, Camille

rivulet said...

"The day the Lord created hope was probably the same day he created Spring"

That quote is perfect!

I thourougly enjoyed the spring tour of your yard. Looks like you all are going to have a wonderfully full harvest throughout the year!

Laura {a spoonful of joy} said...

What a gorgeous yard!
Love how bright & green that early Spring grass is.
Nothing smells like Spring to me like a hyacith!

Heather said...

Wow! Beauty at every turn. What is nesting in your birdhouse? The green is oh so green and delicious looking. Happy Spring!

Hena Tayeb said...

love all that you are growing

Tara said...

Oh spring around your yard is just so so pretty!

McVal said...

Fabulous acreage!!! You've got everything there!
I love fresh asparagus!!! It never makes it into the house....

Gina said...

Jill, such beautiful garden pictures! Spring has certainly visited your home!

~ Noelle said...

Beautiful!!!
I love all of them, but the American Flag has a special place in my heart.. you know that! :)
Have a great day!!!!