Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Mother's day



I had such a wonderful Mother's Day with Jerry and my girls.
The day started with breakfast in bed for me and gifts! These beautiful flowers to plant in the yard....


Variety of garden items. They know how much the beauty in nature makes me happy. :-)



I also really like turtles and they got me two small ones and a turtle necklace.


My lilac bushes bloomed just in time for Mother's Day and Jerry cut a few and placed them in a vase for me.


One of my favorite flowers, and they smell so good and look so pretty sitting on the table. :-)


Another surprise was beautiful roses...



After a quick picture in our yard, Jerry and the girls took me to a local nursery to pick out some more flowers, etc. So many beautiful choices!




Here's a few Kathleen picked for her planter. She was so excited!



After shopping at the nursery we made a quick stop at Arby's for a light lunch. We never do fast food normally, but in a small town we quickly found there were no other options on a Sunday. Hayley had the idea to look up pictures of "MR. Bean" and mimic some faces... needless to say we were all laughing pretty hard!


Hayley's was hysterical...


I love these goofballs....can always brighten any day.


On the way home we found a lovely little shop on a farm. I captured this picture of this little bird, he was so cute and just happened to be next to a statue I liked ;-) But the statue stayed behind when we left.


The lady was very nice and took us on a tour of their farm. The girls got to spend some time with the horses.


Kathleen was a bit hesitant, I think their size overwhelmed her and they were really friendly.




Here she was sure to put Jerry between her and the horse for the picture, lol.


Kisses????


The horse was like...I don't think so! LOL


Then they decided to take me to visit a lake nearby, which I love being by the water and enjoying the quiet and peacefulness. This was the road that was leading us in.













Always curious, always exploring and I love that! There were a few rain sprinkles, but overall a great day.



Pops of color along the trail....


Kathleen wasn't sure about going out on the rickety dock and it didn't help Hayley kept making it sway....but I convinced her to let me get a couple pictures ;-)


Love these two soooooo much!







I love these silhouettes of Kathleen by the water I captured. She's my little nature loving girl, just like Hayley. :-)



One of the things we found at the little store on the farm was this antique chair which I fell in love with! I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it.





They also bought me this adorable little bird bath.


This is an overview of our finds for the day. Can't wait to finish planting everything.


One of the best treats of the day was them making me a lovely tea time dinner to wrap up the day.


                                   I am truly blessed and had an amazing day with my family.
                                Thank you Jerry, Hayley, and Kathleen, I love you all so much!
                                                                                Blessings,
                                                                                     Jill

10 comments:

Kris said...

Well, clearly you are adored!!! What a special day with your favorite people!!!! That chair with flowers is stunning!!
XO Kris

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Such a sweet and special Mother's Day! I love all the photos - especially the silouettes and the one of you and the girls. I have 2 daughters and I couldn't imagine life without them. I love your little chair and the birdbath. Have fun planting your flowers! xo Karen

Billie Jo said...

What a wonderful Mother's Day!!!!!
I love your lilacs...my fave.
I have to ask...when were you married?!
I saw in your dining room...your wedding photo...
It looks EXACTLY like mine!
The dress, the pose, the frame!!!!
We were married in 1991.
Just curious. : )
Have a great week, my friend.

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Jill, what an amazing day you shared with your sweet family. Love the pic of you with your 2 darling girls. They are growing up so fast.
Love your gifts and the pretty aqua garden chair is gorgeous filled with your lovely flowers.
Enjoy the season and blessings always.
Hugs, CM

~ Noelle said...

Looks like you had a very wonderful mothers day!!!

Jboo said...

What a perfect Mother's Day from start to finish! So lovely there -- isn't it nice to have everything greening up! Love love love your flowers in that beautiful little chair!

Vee said...

What a wonderful day! Your family did a great job blessing and honoring you. The flowers are beautiful and the chair is a perfect way to display them. I really like the inscription on the bird bath, too.

Thank you for popping by my place today. I love to meet new-to-me bloggers!

Gina said...

Jill, your Mother's Day looks fantastic! Love all the smiles and flowers!

Stephanie said...

Oh Jill, what a lovely Mother's Day! Your family is precious and you, my dear, are beautiful!

The lilacs took my breath away - such loveliness! And Mr Bean...my dad and I love him :)

Enjoy your day! Hugs!

Kelli said...

What a wonderful Mother's Day! I love lilacs as well...the smell!!