Sunday, May 10, 2015

My Mom ~ Happy Mother's day!


Someone created a special day to honor moms, but I feel every day should be an opportunity to show our moms how much we care. While I will be spending today with my girls and doing another post soon.... I wanted to take today to thank my mom for giving me my amazing life.

For being an incredible, caring and loving Nana to my girls. They both look up to her and adore her. They love her more than they could ever express in mere words alone. She's a big part of their lives and who they are.

One of my mom's favorite places to be is by the water. So I wanted to include these pictures of the wonderful memories made those days that we all spent together.

This year I don't get to see my mom for Mother's Day as we live so far away; and she is unable to travel because of recovering from shoulder replacement surgery to come and visit. It is extremely hard for me to not be able to be there and help her and my dad during this time. It's difficult to not be able to share in the special day with her.








My mom is one of the most caring and giving people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. Often putting others needs before her own. For years ever since I was little she has given shelter, food and love to my friends who needed a place to stay. She has taken care of elderly friends and neighbors without a second thought. She hosted numerous parties, holidays, showers and even a wedding in their back yard for my sister.

She is amazingly talented as an artist and through the years has made items for birthday parties, posters for when she taught school, cards, painted canvases and so much more. Even through increasingly painful arthritis she gets up every day and appreciates what she has been given.

Her love of nature is something she has passed down to me and I in turn have passed to my girls. To take the time to slow down and appreciate the beauty that surrounds us. Did I mention she is also an amazing photographer as well? Capturing such true beauty and emotions in nature and in people. Another love she has passed on to me and now Hayley is loving photography as well.

Her beauty is not only on the outside, it runs deep through her heart and soul making everyone who meets her, love her.


Not only is she the most incredible mom ever, she has been in love with my dad for over 40 years. Their love and commitment to each other is inspiring. When I was younger I always wished to find that kind of love and I feel I have found that with Jerry. Here they are at another wonderful party they had for Jerry and I last year at their house before we moved. She pays so much attention to details and just makes everyone feel welcomed and loved. Their home holds so many dear memories to so many people.



It seems most of my pictures are with my mom and my girls the last few times we've been together and I am so thankful for those, but now I wish we had taken more of just the two of us so I had a few to share... so next visit it will be a priority. ;-). Usually I am the one behind the camera :-)


I always knew my mom's love for me was strong, but I think it truly sunk in on the day I gave birth to Hayley and again with Kathleen. The love I have for my girls is like nothing I have ever known before. Now I understand the worry and concern my mom had for me and still does. When Jerry and I first dated I had a curfew and my mom waited up for me when we walked in the door. I complained and was embarrassed as a teen, but Jerry just looked at me and said "I wish I had parents who cared about me as much as yours do". Certainly had me looking at it in a whole other way.

I am so blessed, more then I could express in words. To have someone who thinks about my well being and who is there for me through all the good and bad times. Someone who inspires me and she doesn't even realize how much. From some sorry twist of unfair fate, my mom suffers with a lot of health problems. Due to being allergic to many medications, it's difficult to treat her daily pain. It's so unfair to see this incredible woman have to suffer each day and be in constant pain. Yet she still does so much for other. Reading and crafting with the girls, taking time to go out and enjoy the outdoors. Appreciating every day in a way most people don't recognize because they take for granted getting up out of a chair or running or going on walks, amusement rides, out to dinners and more. I pray every day that she finds some relief from the health issues... it breaks my heart to see her hurting...to see her not be able to do all the things she once could.

But none of this is ever going to change her heart of gold, or the love she has for my sister and I and our girls, for my dad, for her son in laws and friends. She's there for us whenever we need her. Through every one of my milestones in life, every move I've had to make in my life taking me far from family and friends she has always stood by me and supported me. In the hard times when through moving I learned who my true friends really were. She has always shown her love for me in countless ways.

So I could write for days on the good things about my mom, the ways in which she inspires me, and I know she reads my blog :-) I wanted her to have something special to read this Mother's Day to know how much I love her and care about her and even though I will be calling her today as well; my blog is a place for my family to come to anytime to read and for generations to come. None of us are promised a tomorrow and living life to the fullest and treasuring those we love should be every day, not just designated days of the year.

So mom.... thank you for being you, for loving me and supporting me and inspiring me. For teaching me to appreciate all I have and giving me such a wonderful child hood so I could learn so many wonderful things and pass them on to my girls. You are appreciated and respected more than you know and I am so very lucky to have you in my life.

"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsel to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts"  Washington Irving

                                                     Happy Mother's Day to everyone!!!

     Love and miss you very much mom, Happy Mother's Day! I dedicate this song I'll Be by Reba to you.        

                                                                               Love,
                                                                                Jill


5 comments:

Kris said...

That was beautiful Jill! I miss your moms blog!
You and I are both blessed to have such amazing Mama's!!!!
Happy Mother's Day!
XO Kris

Gina said...

Such a beautiful post honoring your mother. She has the sweetest smile! I do hope her recovery is restful and complete. Happy Mother's Day!

Donna Rodgers said...

Jill, That is such a special tribute to your mom. It made me smile to read it. I love my mom like crazy too and I know my now married daughter feels the same way. What a treasure a loving mom is to her daughter! Thanks for visiting. :)

Camille said...

Beautiful. Your Mom is blessed to have YOU! Hugs, Camille

Hena Tayeb said...

a beautiful post