Monday, May 4, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook


I remember when I first started blogging in 2010, I enjoyed participating in this link up and it's also a wonderful way to look back at what was going on at that time in my life. Peggy's prompts help cover so many areas of our daily lives. The link up takes place each Monday. Please take a few minutes to visit her site and link up as well if you'd like. You can visit by clicking here: Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY: May 4, 2015

OUTSIDE MY WINDOW: It is an absolutely gorgeous morning! Sun is shining, birds are chirping, weather is 60 plus degrees and a gentle breeze.

I AM THINKING: How blessed I am to enjoy this beautiful day and thoughts of homeschooling for the fall. Not to mention my to do list that feels like about a million things ;-)

I AM THANKFUL: To have such a beautiful property to enjoy and raise my family.

I AM WEARING: A short sleeved turquoise shirt with flowers, black yoga pants, and beaded necklace with a flower and beaded earrings. I'm in bare feet currently but will be proudly wearing flip flops today! Finally, no more snow boots!

I AM CREATING: My plan is to work on my scrapbooks for a little while today.

I AM GOING: To take Hayley into school late because she can't do the state testing due to her concussion. Also have to run to the post office :-)

I AM WONDERING: What will happen to our society with all the hate crimes and broken families... I pray often to heal their hearts.

I AM READING: Lydia's Party by Margaret Hawkins. Also several homesteading magazines.

I AM HOPING: Hayley is healed from her concussion soon and is able to enjoy some of her summer activities. That my mom recovers soon from her shoulder surgery and feels better too. :-)

I AM LEARNING: Everything I possibly can about homeschooling in our state so I can make an informed decision for the fall. My heart has truly been calling me in that direction for Kathleen.

IN MY GARDEN: Enjoying asparagus already! Plus strawberries are beginning to bloom. It's about time to plant all our seeds we grew as the weather is beginning to get better.

IN MY KITCHEN: Tonight I am preparing one of our favorite quick, easy meals.... I cook up some turkey sausage in vegetable broth, then add in frozen stir fry veggies with a little more broth. Drain when cooked and enjoy! Since I cut fresh asparagus from our garden yesterday I will be steaming them for a fresh taste this evening.

IN THE HOME SCHOOL ROOM: In my case, this is a work in progress ;-) Research in full swing to put my teaching degree to good use.

A FAVORITE QUOTE FOR TODAY: " A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity"   Buddha

A PEEK INTO ONE OF MY DAYS:

Hayley has been working hard alongside Jerry to get our chicken coop built outside. She had taken a break to sit on the swings for a few minutes and I wanted to capture the candid moment... she's tired, but she's smiling.


This was in the morning with Kathleen at the bus stop. We always walk Cooper down with us, and he is just so happy to be with us. I took several shots, but I love this one and how he looks up at her.


ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS: Sitting by the water where it's so peaceful and taking time to reflect and collect some seashells. :-) This was at a lake we went to last year where we had come out to find a new place to live in a new state ;-)



Thanks for stopping by to read about my day. Looking forward to visiting your blogs as well! If your new here from the link up welcome! Please leave a comment and let me know you stopped by so I can visit your blog as well. :-)

                                                                  Blessings,
                                                                        Jill

17 comments:

Jodi said...

Pretty girls you have! And I love how the pup is looking up at your daughter!

Have a great week!!

Kris said...

Hi Jill! I have missed so much!!! I tried to go back to see what happened to Hayley? How did she get a concussion? Poor girl! I hope she is healing well.
And Kathleen...oh my gosh, she is just growing in leaps and bounds! She always looks like she has such joy in her heart!
And the garden!!! Oh my!! And a chicken coop!!! Hooray!!!!
I am sorry to hear your Mama had to have some shoulder surgery. That is a painful recovery. My best to her as well.
So home school perhaps?
The area is lovely and green, and bursting with new life where you live!
I loved coming for a visit today. I have missed you!
xo Kris

Billie Jo said...

Morning Jill!
Enjoyed spending some time with you this morning.
Enjoy the beautiful weather...finally lovely here as well.
Prayers for your decision regarding homeschooling.
I am here of you have any other questions! : )

Anita said...

Beautiful photos! Your dog looks a lot like our Aussie :)
Have a wonderful week!

Ellie said...

Hi Jill! it is so nice to meet you, and thanks for stopping by my blog today, and for the encouragement. I have met so many wonderful people since I started doing the Daybook on Mondays! I enjoy it a lot. Praying for you as you embark on your home school journey. it is so rewarding, with times of frustration mixed in ( those are the days that you take off and do something fun!). It can be pretty overwhelming with all the information out there, heaps upon heaps of curriculum choices, etc. My advice is to let your daughter "deprogram" first, and enjoy learning alongside her. My first hurdle was to not do school at home, but to do school the way it works for us (and taking advantage of those teachable moments). if I can ever help, let me know, but I am cheering you on! I cannot wait to see your chicken coop, and read more of your blog! Have a super week!

Jessy Gaffen said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! My first time ever posting to the Daybook! Whoop! I'm thankful I can homeschool in the fall too. We've always been homeschoolers, but with the sudden and HUGE changes to my family in the last 2 1/2 years had made homeschooling uncertain...But my kids are older and more independent learners and that's helping (even when I go back to work part-time). So sorry to hear about Hayley's concussion! Yikes! Prayers for complete healing soon! And chickens! We've got 10 hens and 2 ducks. Such fun...and the fresh eggs aren't bad either. Chickens' actually have quite the personality, each different. Doesn't the water look great?! We hope to get out kayaking tomorrow. I'm in Maine...and the water is still, oh, 40 degrees, but it's supposed to be close to 80. Kinda rare this time of year so we'll take it!

chateau chic said...

Hey Jill,
Thank you so much for your lovely visit and for following along. It was fun to read about your day and family life!
Mary Alice

HEATHER GRAHAM said...

That's so fun!!! I'm visiting you from Stringtown Home... Thanks so much for stopping by, and for the sweet comments! This looks like something I'd enjoy doing. I'm off to find the linkup! :)

Nonnie said...

Beautiful smiles on those faces. I admire anyone who home schools their children. I would truly like to see our kids home schooled, but it doesn't seem to be a path want. I don't know where you are, but I think I could love it there. Your photos are always so nice.

Gina said...

I hope your daughter is better. That must have been frightening for both of you. The picture of the water looks so peaceful. Thank you for sharing your day!

Tara said...

Hi Jill, wait? what? concussion? Did I miss a post? Hugs to your sweet girl!

Stephanie said...

Hello dear Jill! It's a delight to drop in and visit - you have a charming blog.

My, my, I hope your daughter is all better! How scary for her and you, I'm sure.

I am happy to be following along and I look forward to visiting again. Hugs! Stephanie - The Enchanting Rose

Amy said...

Beautiful pictures! Hope your daughter is better soon.
I just love being by the water too. =)
Have a marvelous week.

~ Noelle said...

THAT is great you are thinking of homeschooling. I would love to, but I know I do not have the patience to do so! Hope you find the answers you need in order to make the right decision for you and your family!

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Hi Jill - I am so happy to 'meet' you, and read your sweet blog - I am now a new follower <3, too. Your girls are precious! I enjoyed reading your thoughts today. I also love the mailbox that you decorated in the previous post - I think I need one of those! Such a cute idea! I look forward to following along. xo Karen

Hena Tayeb said...

that is great.. i have one of those line a day journals.. and i always love to look back and see what happened this very day in past years.

Bethany Carson said...

Love the view of the water, and the photos of your girls! Your stir-fry sounds good! One of my favorite quick dishes is fried rice--basically left-over rice with sugar, soy sauce, eggs, garlic, carrots, green beans, and anything else I might want to throw in. Quick meals are so efficient!