Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Wrapping up the school year,chickens and more


Mother's Day weekend I found this chicken statue and picked it up for when the coop was ready. :-) It may end up on a little table outside the coop, but for now it sits by the gate outside.


The chickens are adjusting really well and like their new area, it's cute they all push for spots near the windows. The one on the bottom to the left is a loner, she's different than all the other ones. Very tame and so sweet! One of my favorites!!


They love looking out and watching us to see what we are doing. LOL. Little hard to see, but I thought it was such a cute picture!


Jerry built a nice octagon shaped flower bed for around the flag pole out front. This past weekend we bought 6 knock out rose bushes to put in there. They will bloom into the fall.


They turned out really nice and the colors are so pretty.


We got red.... they fade to pink before dying off.....


And yellow... they fade to white before dying off....yellow has always been my favorite color of roses.


This little beauty is still finding 4 leaf clovers and even some 5 leaf clovers! The crocheted shawl she finished after teaching herself from YouTube.


She loves hanging out around the yard and taking each dog for a walk. Bella and Owen and Skippy were groomed this weekend so I'll have to post updated pictures of them. All ready for the warm weather!


Beautiful flowers all around the yard still blooming.






Jerry also made me this lovely trellis to put my clematis on that I got for Mother's day. :-)


These purple Irises were so pretty, but didn't last very long.










We found a crazy big Asparagus in the garden the other day! Yes, still getting a bunch of them each day and I've been freezing them about every other day! :-) Should have plenty this winter.


Was so happy another little bird made a nest and laid her eggs right outside my kitchen window. She sits there every day protecting them. Can't wait till they hatch. :-)


Kathleen finished the year with straight A's on the honor roll and all kinds of awards and a trophy!!


Hayley also made honor roll and won awards as well as received recognition for her success in Power of the Pen.

So very proud of both of my girls!!! Goodbye third grade for Kathleen and goodbye eighth grade for Hayley! Next year on to high school... time sure flies by.



We also found a wonderful new lake to enjoy with a walking trail, playgrounds and pavilions not far from the house. :-) It was a perfect weekend to enjoy it!




Lilies....some blooming....



Kathleen by the buttercups :-)










Hayley was collecting goose feathers to make a project I'm sure she will feature on her blog soon.



Lots of momma geese with their babies and duck mommy and babies too :-)



Just drying some dill in my kitchen window. Since putting my herbs in planters outside they have really taken off well.


Last day of third grade was Monday, the 8th! All that was needed was her lunch bag and a gift for her bus driver. :-)


Wouldn't be a picture without Cooper at the bus stop.


I made this with sign to kick start the summer for the girls when they came home from school. Activities are planned and let an awesome summer begin!



                                                                        Blessings,
                                                                              Jill

21 comments:

Mandisa said...

Jill,
Your flowers are lovely and Kathleen did a great job on her shawl! Also, the pictures of the duck with her little ducklings (and the geese) were precious.

Have a blessed day.

Amy at love made my home said...

Congratulations to your daughter on her award! How great is that. Gosh though, that asparagus, how crazy is that!!! You could have that as a whole meal couldn't you. Lovely to see your flowers, they look so pretty and your new rose bed will be gorgeous! xx

Kerri said...

That planter around the flag pole is really neat....don't forget to show us another picture when the roses are all blooming....it'll be gorgeous!

Congrats to both your girls for a fantastic school year!

I am amazed at Kathleen's crocheting...and teaching herself on youtube! It was hard enough for me to learn this winter with my sister in law showing me...let alone learning from a video! I just couldn't get the hang of it and it was stressing me out so I through in the towel.

You guys need to enter that asparagus in a contest! :)

Cutesign....you're a great mom!

Happy Summer!!

aimee said...

Loved your chicks by the window photos-too cute! Impressed by your daughter's latest project. Pretty smart little lady you got there! Actually, I should say smart ladies you got there due to their scholastic achievements.
Is that a rhododendron? The pink one? Sure looks like it. Whoa! I have never, ever seen such a HUGE asparagus-that should be entered in some kind of contest:) A lake? LOVE lakes! Enjoy.
Blessings,
Aimee

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Jill, Congrats to both girls on their honor roll status and great grades. Such a great kick off to Summer with your greeting on the door. Love it. Your a mom that makes everyday so special.
Love your flowers and that giant asparagus is amazing.
Your chickens are adorable. Love the window shot.
Kathleen did a beautiful job of crocheting her shawl. She is so pretty wearing it too.
Wishing you all a great June and fun summer.
Hugs, CM

Billie Jo said...

Such a happy post!!!!
I love all your summer touches, my friend.
Congratulations to your girls on a great year, and blessings for a super summer!!!!!

Kris said...

Oh gosh Jill....so much about this post that I love. First though, is your sweet Kathleen, growing up so fast. I adore that she taught herself to crochet, via youtube. What a clever girl! I love that she is so tender and sweet with her pets. And the love she obviously has for her family, and all of you have together. The closeness that she and Hayley share. She is just so full of life. Such a bright star!
And that asparagus! Wow!
The hens look great. Won't be long now for delicious eggs!
xo Kris

Vee said...

That was a good sensible date to finish school. The children in my town are going until the 22nd. They'll start again in August and so I think summer is going to feel pretty short.

Congrats to both girls for excelling in their studies. It's the best way to fly!

Very pretty photos of your yard and gardens. I think your chickens are blessed to live in such a pretty coop with a welcome sign no less.

Veronica Lee said...

I really enjoyed reading this post. Such lovely captures! And that asparagus is CRAZY big!

Amber said...

Yay for summer break! I love all of your beautiful flowers! I have never grown roses. I've heard that they can be finicky. Tell your daughter that her cowl is beautiful!

Sonya Ann said...

The girls are adorable and so are your chickens. You have a beautiful little life.

Carrie B. said...

Love all the photos in this post Jill!! I'm so jealous of your chicken coop. :) Looks like it turned out great!

And your gardens all look beautiful with your flowers. Keep up the great work!

Your daughters are such lovely and talented young ladies. Such fun to read- thanks for sharing.

I also wanted to let you know I nominated you for a Liebster award as I love reading your blog. If you want to get more info and accept go to my blog: northwoodsscrapbook.blogspot.com xoxo

~ Noelle said...

Bet you guys will have a great summer!!!!!
Love all the flower photos!

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Loved seeing the chickens peeking out the window, all your beautiful flowers, and your sweet family. Lovely photos around the lake and congratulations to the girls for their hard work in school! You must be so proud of them! Kathleen's shawl is so pretty, too! Your Hubby is a great carpenter - the planter turned out very nice. The girl's must be so excited that school is out for the summer. xo Karen

Jessy Gaffen said...

Beautiful garden! You may not have veggies in yet, but all those flowers are awesome! She did great on that shawl! I teach myself through You Tube too. It can be a great resource!

Hena Tayeb said...

i have to start with that asparagus.. holy cow!
the flowers look lovely.
i love your K's scarf.. the colors are so bright!

Camille said...

I am sure you have lots of fun things planned for summer! I am sure your girls know how blessed they are. :) Congratulations to them both for all their awards and achievements. How quickly they grow up!! Your garden looks lovely...such variety of gorgeous flowers! And, your home is one of our favourite colour combinations...creamy yellow with white trim...so pretty. Hugs to you! Camille

Laura {a spoonful of joy} said...

Your home is beautiful! Enjoyed all the flower pictures.
I got excited for your girls just from looking at the pictures of the last day of school! Hope it's a great summer!

Gina said...

Jill, where do I start? That one asparagus could feel your whole family! Your flowers are gorgeous as is your daughter! And the chickens are not babies any longer. I am so hoping to get chickens next year.

Tara said...

Happy summer to you and your family! And a big congratulations to your girls for all of their special awards!

Kelli said...

Beautiful pictures...your yard is beautiful! Yay for summer...enjoy!