Wednesday, July 15, 2015

A simple, inexpensive desk makeover


Back in May our town had a neighborhood yard sale. I had been looking for a desk with drawers for awhile but didn't want to spent a lot on it. I came across this desk that is actually 2 Kraft maid cabinets with a counter top attached to the top. They only wanted $5.00 for it! One cabinet itself is worth so much more than that and it's quality made. Sold!

The down side is it's very heavy, so Jerry had to take it apart and carry it up in sections to my den. I then bought 2 rolls of contact paper in the dollar store, total :$2.00


As you can see there was writing on top and some stains I wanted to cover. I love Victorian, French Country, Shabby Sheek style so I chose a rose pattern in black and white.


The edges were knicked pretty badly too so I wanted to be sure to fix that as well.






I used permanent black marker to cover the knicks and you can't even tell! Not a bad desk for a $7.00 investment. :-) I'm currently reorganizing and redoing my den, so I will post more with the desk and room as it comes together.


Great feeling to reuse things and save a lot of money in the process. Best part it didn't take long at all!

                                                                            Blessings,
                                                                                  Jill


5 comments:

Wendi said...

Looks great and you can't beat the price!

Kerri said...

Wow Jill, what a difference! I love a good (cheap) makeover! I'm currently looking for a coffee table and an end table that I can redo for our living room. We've been shopping lately for furniture and it's so darn expensive!

~ Noelle said...

Awesome! Doesn't it feel great to know you saved so much!!!!

Amy at love made my home said...

A great deal for what it cost!! A great deal even if it had cost more! xx

Ellie said...

Isn't it great to find deals like that?! I really like how it turned out!