Tuesday, July 14, 2015

And then it rained



The day went from sunny... to a terrible storm, back to sun, then a heavy shower with the sun shining bright. As the rain let up we noticed a beautiful rainbow outside our window. So I grabbed my camera and we headed outside to capture it's beauty......


And then.....







Kathleen found the puddle, with the enticing little rain drops falling down.... I saw that smile....


And I knew exploring was coming... what child can resist a large puddle freshly made from the rain?


There was a little splash and a smile.... some giggles too....


Then that look.... "can I mom? Can I jump and play in the puddle?" No words...just that innocent little face asking with those eyes.....


The excitement and giggles building....


And there she goes... all the energy and joy in her 9 year old heart.....


"Childhood mean simplicity. Look at the world with the child's eye- it is very beautiful"  Kailash Satyarthi


"I don't know why, but rain comes into my head the minute I think of childhood"  Dharnish





                                   How high can I jump? How big can I make this splash?


                                                      Great effort... great results!





"Childhood is that state which ends the moment a puddle is first viewed as an obstacle instead of an opportunity"  Kathy Williams


The innocence and joys and wonders of childhood... let them be little as long as they can. Cherish, embrace and encourage adventure EVERY single day. The smile says it all....memories made....fun accomplished.


Something about this song just makes me smile.... just don't make movies like this anymore.... Enjoy!


                           Have a fantastic day, slow down and embrace the little things.

                                                                      Blessings,
                                                                           Jill

10 comments:

Billie Jo said...

We had the exact same weather, my friend!
Your thoughts and photos today are wonderful...
I couldn't agree more. : )

Nonnie said...

Our kids splash in a puddle at every opportunity. I love the way you did the pics and quotes. Especially this one: "Childhood is that state which ends the moment a puddle is first viewed as an obstacle instead of an opportunity" Kathy Williams
Everything is so green. It has been a wonderful year for rain and the rainbow is beautiful!

Tara said...

I love that old movie! And I love your puddle jumper pictures!

aimee said...

Great post Jill! We would do well to embrace the simple things of life everyday. Loved the Kathy Williams quote:)
Blessings,
Aimee
PS: I miss seeing rain--way too dry here this year.

Jessy Skehan said...

THIS is what life is about! Really! It's about rain and sun and rainbow...nature and it's amazing wonders to refresh us...and enjoying a puddle. Contentment, joy and happiness from something simple. She's adorable! She'll probably remember her puddle jumping when she's older as a special moment in her young life.

Sonya Ann said...

I too, was a puddle jumper and I passed the love of it on to my kids.

~ Noelle said...

I love that you let her jump!!!
I feel there is a time and place for it and too many parents always say NO... we let broxton do it from time to time and it makes his little heart so happY!!!!!!

Carrie B. said...

Just love this post Jill!! Such sweet photos and quotes to go along with them. Just pure joy shines through.

I LOVE that movie and that scene is my favorite part!! Aahh - Gene Kelly...they don't really make 'em like that anymore. ;)
xoxo

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Wonderful photos and quotes! I wanted to jump in that puddle with her! Nine is such a great age - still playful, but serious, too, and full of curiosity and wonder. She's so adorable! Love those old movies - one of my faves. A nice way to turn a rainy day into something memorable. Hugs xo Karen

McVal said...

LOVE it! And great job on the chickens! I wouldn't have thought to give them cherries..