Monday, July 13, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook Entry




I've always enjoyed this link up, getting to know others and looking back over the days in my life. :-)
Please visit Peggy's site to meet other bloggers participating or to link up.


FOR TODAY: JULY 13th, 2015


OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Birds are chirping loudly and Jerry's truck is pulling out of the driveway as he is off to work. It is foggy today and thunderstorms are in the forecast.


I AM THINKING:

About a family that means so very much to us. Pop, as he was known to Jerry and I had been battling cancer courageously. A few weeks ago he lost his battle with that terrible disease and God gained another amazing angel to watch over us. Though not related by blood, Jerry considered him a dad as he had been there for Jerry ever since he was young. I was blessed to meet this family through Jerry and they accepted me and treated me like family for over 20 years. My thoughts are with his immediate family and how they are coping. Especially his loving wife Donna as they had been together so many years supporting each other. I can not even imagine the grief she must be feeling without having him by her side every day. For Jerry and I being far away is so hard when you are grieving and Jerry and I and the girls have been leaning on one another. Our hearts hurt so much losing him, but we are also thankful he no longer is suffering and is pain free and in peace. He was one of the kindest, most sincere and loving men I have ever met and it has been a privilege and a joy to love him. You may have left us way too soon Pop, but the memories we hold dear and we will miss you greatly.

"There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition and of unspeakable love"   Washington Irving




I AM THANKFUL:

That I am finally starting to feel better after being so sick with a high fever, acute bronchitis and pneumonia. Looking forward to enjoying the rest of my summer. :-)


I AM WEARING:

Exercise pants and a Namaste yoga shirt. Nice and comfy for all my errands today.


I AM CREATING:

A craft with the girls and we will be making it with one of Kathleen's friends and her little sister on Tuesday.


I AM GOING:

To the library, Michael's for craft supplies and the grocery store.


I AM WONDERING:

Why the weather is so wacky here and will we ever get several warm and sunny days all in one week? :-)


I AM READING:

The Penny Pinchers Club by Sarah Strohmeyer. I also just finished Love Letters From Ladybug Farm by Donna Ball. It's the 3rd in a series I started and I have the last 3 books reserved and I'm waiting for them to come in at the library. It is a wonderful series and I highly recommend it. So well written you feel you really get to know the characters.


I AM HOPING:

That Hayley will soon get cleared from her concussion. She is doing better, but need the doctor's final ok to resume full activities. Just want her to feel better and be able to start high school fresh and ready to go. Also that we get to see more family and friends from back "home".


I AM LEARNING:

That the older you get the harder it is to move and start over. :-(


IN MY GARDEN:

Are some weeds since I am behind from being sick, lol. But there is some goodies growing as well, like pumpkins, cabbage, cantaloupe and more!


IN MY KITCHEN:

Lots of prepping and menu plans for entertaining on Tuesday. Just cleaned the fridge last night to make room for my groceries I need to get today. :-)


IN THE HOME SCHOOL ROOM:

Planning the lay out for the new school year which will be starting August 17th here.


A FAVORITE QUOTE FOR TODAY:

"Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough"  Og Mandino



A PEEK INTO ONE OF MY DAYS:

This is what I find when my 9 year old decides to make our bed, lol. Mismatched and a few animals thrown in ;-)


Not the best quality picture, but a selfie Jerry and I took in the movie theatre with our phone.



ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS:

My tea set I got last year for my birthday. :-)


                        "With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts"  Eleanor Roosevelt

                                                                     Blessings,
                                                                           Jill

14 comments:

Jodi said...

Sorry for your loss! What a sweetie for making your bed! And your selfie is a cute pic! Have a great week!!

Carrie B. said...

So glad you're feeling better and can enjoy some summer. So sorry about your dear Friend and their family. It's so hard, yet faith is a wonderful thing knowing that we will see our loved ones again!!

Your day sounds similar to ours - library and running errands. Lol
I love your tea set - so pretty. ;)
Happy week ahead! xo

goodnightgram said...

Hello! I am visiting fro the Simple Woman's Daybook. I agree with you about how interesting it is to read the daybooks of others and keep up with them. I have only recently begun posting, but have been reading for a while. My condolences on the loss of "Pop". He sounded like a blessing to have known. I like the quote about tears. That's why I wish folks would not wear sunglasses at funerals to hide their tears. Your tea set is beautiful! I love how the bed was made, stuffed buddies and all! Sorry you have been sick. Enjoy your entertaining!

Billie Jo said...

Prayers for your friend, his wife and family, and your grieving hearts, my friend.
I am so sorry...
Prayers for you as well to feel better and enjoy the remainder of the summer.
Which has been cool here too!!!!
Can't wait to see your schoolroom plans!!!!

~ Noelle said...

So glad you are feeling better!!!
I love these posts :)

Felicia Khamylle said...

Such a lovely post! Beautiful tea set!

Angel Blue said...

I am sorry for your loss. The tea set is lovely and thanks so much for stopping by my blog and visiting.

Vee said...

One really does get to know a person better from these memes. I am sorry for the loss of your dear friend. You wrote a wonderful tribute.

Now that great selfie needs the diffuser and not because you kids are olden like me either. it's a great photo!

Paula Kaye said...

I am so very sorry for Jerry's and your loss. I loved the Washington Irving quote. God will carry you through your grief, although it is very hard! Have a good week

Penny (A Penny For Your Thoughts) said...

What a beautiful tea set. I would love to be a homeschool mom as well :)

aimee said...

So sorry for the loss of your dear friend Pop! It is so difficult to lose friends...I pray that God will bring you comfort and peace Jill.
Blessings, Aimee

Sonya Ann said...

I'm so sorry about Pop. It sounds like a complete blessing that you were loved by him. Hugs.

Amy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. =)

I am sorry to read of your loss. My prayers for God's comfort and grace for you all. <3

Love the picture of the bed. Made me smile. Love the quote!

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Aw! So sorry to hear of your dear loved one's passing! It's so hard to say goodbye and my thoughts and prayers are with you and the family at this difficult time.
Glad that you are finally feeling better and getting out in the garden and having fun times with the girls and your sweet hubby. Love the selfie <3 and your tea set is so pretty! Enjoy your week....wishing for some of that rain here! The weather is crazy this year! Hugs xo Karen