Thursday, August 13, 2015

Cleveland Botanical Gardens Part 1

I love to see and enjoy beautiful flowers and gardens and when we lived in PA. we visited Long wood Gardens frequently. I was happy to learn there was somewhere similar here I could enjoy with my family as well. Since I love taking pictures, I'm breaking up the posts into a couple different parts ;-)

So grab a nice cool glass or tea or other favorite beverage and come enjoy the beauty of the gardens!

"Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul"   Luther Burbank





This lizard guy was so fun to watch, his eyes were looking in different directions and he was very aware of all that was going on around him. He wasn't too sure of the zoom lens on the camera when we bent down to take pictures ;-) He kept his eye on us!!






I love turtles and related families so was happy to get to see them there, was also feeding time! :-)




Many beautiful birds to see as well. Was so cool walking through and having them fly overhead along with the majestic butterflies!










Of course there were spiders and snakes as well and I was very happy they were behind the grass. LOL!








Totally awesome banana trees!!!












I captured this photo of Jerry in a candid moment with my zoom lens... the guide had pointed out to him what was going on with the tree branches and logs... he was quite fascinated...


At first it looks like just tiny leaves from a distance, but really it is ants carrying the small leaves! I zoomed in as far as I could go to capture it. They do this all day long.





They travel up the tree branch and into the log to the right, just steady working. It really was interesting to watch.


Teamwork!


This little cutie kept popping up all over with that amazing smile! :-)






Loved seeing the hummingbirds at the feeders and flying all around, really created a magical setting.








Kathleen pointed out this tree and said it looked like it was smiling. Of course I agreed and had to take a picture. So adorable!


If you look closely you can see the bird on the flower, he wasn't cooperating with me trying to get a good picture though.


This one however was on her nest... pretty awesome!


Cute inside they had a place to share selfies! LOL


And Kathleen found the "sassy" chair! ;-)

More to come.....



"One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today"     Dale Carnegie

Blessings,
Jill


7 comments:

~ Noelle said...

That does look like a fun day. We need to do something like that soon.

Beatrice Euphemie said...

What a great place to take the family! Love all the birds and butterflies and that little lizard is cute, too. The photo of your hubby is priceless :) So funny! Love the cute photos of the girls. xo Karen

Carrie B. said...

I just love botanical gardens! They're so beautiful!! This one is really amazing with all of the wildlife as well. Those hummingbirds go right to my heart! ;)
I think a favorite one I visited in Missouri once had an English garden section with hedges made into a maze...it was really neat as you could just kind of get lost in it (not literally). Lol
Thanks for sharing! I love seeing such beauty. xo

Nonnie said...

Your photos are stunning! Love the ants working hard. They're doing what God created them to do. Beautiful smiles from your happy daughter. Does she ever have a sad moment? ;-) good pic of your husband.

aimee said...

That is one very neat lizard and I love the photo with your daughter in the "grotto"! Lovely birds--beautiful colors.
Blessings,
Aimee

Amy at love made my home said...

What a wonderful place! I love it all, especially the smiling tree and the leaf cutter ants! They are amazing aren't they. xx

McVal said...

Beautiful! I love places like that!