Friday, August 14, 2015

Cleveland Botanical Gardens Part 2

We had a beautiful day to enjoy the gardens.... temperatures were high in the 90's, but a slight breeze. There were several benches where you could sit and rest and lots of shady areas.


The lily pond was beautiful!




I was fortunate to capture photos of a dragonfly.




Girls exploring the herb gardens and checking out the sun dial.




I always have thought how cool clematis pods look after they bloom :-)



This little chipmunk was enjoying his visit too! :-)




This area with the fence around it reminded me of the book The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett. A classic book I absolutely love and so do my girls.

Quotes from Frances Hodgson Burnett:

"If you look the right way, you can see that the whole world is a garden"

"At first people refuse to believe that a strange new thing can be done, then they begin to hope it can be done, then they see it can be done--then it is done and all the world wonders why it was not done centuries ago"

"She made herself stronger by fighting the wind"

"Two worst things as can happen to a child is never to have his own way-- or always have it"



They had a cool display of different kinds of tree houses. I will be sharing different ones throughout the posts. :-) We all enjoyed them, lol.




I just thought this bird bath was so adorable! I need to find a nice one for our yard as I always see the birds in the dogs water bowl and in the chickens water. I guess it's too late in the season because I haven't been able to find any. :-(



Random waterfalls... so peaceful and relaxing...


One of my favorites and they smelled so amazing!!



So many gorgeous blooms to enjoy!


This lovely path led us down to the garden gate...


Wonder what we will find on the other side? ;-)

"A garden is a grand teacher. It teaches patience and careful watchfulness; it teaches industry and thrift; above all it teaches entire trust"    Gertrude Jekyll


"Give me odorous at sunrise a garden of beautiful flowers where I can walk undisturbed"  Walt Whitman




                                                                             Blessings,
                                                                                   Jill

5 comments:

Carrie B. said...

So pretty Jill! I especially loved the lily pond. So beautiful and like right out of a Monet painting. Great shots Lady!!
Thanks for sharing. xo

aimee said...

Love this quote "If you look the right way, you can see that the whole world is a garden"--how very, very true! Loved the chipmunk (I am partial to them as I grew up with Alvin + the Chipmunks), the water lilies and the dragonflies (they are SO enchanting)! Thanks for sharing:)
Blessings, Aimee

~ Noelle said...

So pretty. We need to visit our botanical garden soon... never been

Nonnie said...

What a beautiful way to spend the day! Love it. So lush. Your pics, as always, are gorgeous.

Amy at love made my home said...

It really is a beautiful garden!!! Thank you so much for taking us with you. I really enjoyed seeing it. xx