Tuesday, August 25, 2015

It's My Birthday

                                                                  August 26, 2015


My birthday.... another year gone by of blessings...a tough year of reflections and of creating new goals among many challenges, enjoying the life I have and still working on figuring it all out. :-) This will be my first birthday as a home school mom and getting to spend the days with my girls since Hayley doesn't start school till the 31st. Kathleen and I will be working on lessons and then later tonight, hopefully a dinner out to celebrate.

It's amazing to me how fast the years fly by.... still hard to believe I turn 41 today; guess we are as young as we feel! A whole year has gone by of new discoveries and new beginnings.  Experiencing another move far away from family and friends and as I reflect on this, it hasn't been the easiest year, nor the worst, but challenges have definitely been there. Trying to stay focused on all that is good and heading towards a brand new year with a fresh start.

This post is totally random, whatever happens to be on my mind at this moment. Have been wanting to write a couple posts and have been so busy with home school and other obligations I haven't had much time... but it's my birthday, so I took a few minutes tonight to post for tomorrow on the actual day ;-)


I really have  so much to be thankful for.... for one, an amazing husband who supports me in all I do and is such a wonderful father to our girls. Sharing the past 25 years with him has been a journey in discovering what true love is really about. More than half my life loving him and being loved and cherished back.


One of my proudest accomplishments in my 41 years is being a mom to these two incredible girls who complete me and make me prouder than they could ever possibly know. So much a part of who I have become over the years; how much I have changed and the new worries that come with being a mom. They teach me as much as I teach them if not more.


I am so grateful for all my family and friends, the amazing friends I made through blogging, for the ability to have received my college education, for moving new places and meeting wonderful people and learning how to face adversity the best I can. I have seen so many things in the past 41 years, the good, the bad, the in between.... what a ride it has been. Looking forward to many more years to share my life with the people I love. :-)

As my girls are growing up I realize more and more how important it is to try to carve out time for me. To take better care of myself so I can be there for them for many years to come. Plus I want them to realize this when they become moms. We spend so much time as moms caring for everyone else we forget we need to take care of ourselves too. So this year I am going to focus on getting healthier and feeling more energized. To try to tame my type A personality of having to get it all done right now and not stress as much.... (Well this one will be my biggest challenge!! LOL)

Wish I could be back "home" with the rest of my friends and family to celebrate my day, but I know it's not possible so I'll make the best of it like I always do :-) I know Jerry and the girls always make my day special...


"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference"

                                                               Blessings,
                                                                     Jill


12 comments:

Wendi said...

Happy Birthday, Jill!

Sonya Ann said...

Happy, happy birthday my friend!!! You have a blessed life and an adorable family.

Billie Jo said...

Happy Happy Happy Birthday, my friend!!!!
Such a lovely post to celebrate!
And I can tell you...once you get past 40...
Things do relax! I am so more relaxed and calm about things!
It is wonderful! : )

McVal said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! I think things picked up for me after 40 so I'm much busier than before 40... Or maybe it's the lack of energy that goes with it.
I hope you have a great day!

Hayley said...

Happy Birthday Mom!

Carrie B. said...

Happy birthday beautiful Lady! Love your hair in your photo. So cute!!

So the 26th is your actual bday? It's a very popular bday here as it's also: my Dad's bday, my FIL's bday, a best friend's Dad's bday, and my step Mom's mother's bday!! Great day to be born I guess. ;)

I have a couple of years on you so I'll say that the 40's have really rocked so far. I think you're going to love and embrace them. I wish you many blessings for this wonderful year ahead and for many more beyond that Jill!!
xoxo

Victorian1885 said...

Happy Birthday Jill! You have a lovely family... Enjoy your day!

Hugs,
Wanda

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Happy Birthday, Jill! Hope it is a wonderful year for you! Love reading all your reflections. It is difficult to be so far from friends and family. I'm sure they love reading your sweet blog! xo Karen

Stephanie said...

Happy belated Birthday, sweet Jill! You are such a lovely lady :) Hugs and blessings!

Amy at love made my home said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! Sorry that I am so late with the wishes! I hope that you had a great day! xx

Tara said...

Happy Happy Happy Birthday Jill! I loved reading your refelctions. Wishing you a blessed year, tara

~ Noelle said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday!!!
August seems to be a great month for birthdays :)