Wednesday, September 23, 2015

BloggyCon 2015 at Cedar Point

I love taking pictures so get ready for a few, lol! I had an awesome weekend at BloggyCon 2015 with my family. Loved how family friendly the whole conference was and Jerry and Kathleen had a lot of fun at Cedar Point while Hayley and I attended the conference. We stayed at the recently renovated Hotel Breakers. It's absolutely beautiful inside!


They do have it decorated for Halloween so Kathleen was a bit hesitant of some of the scary things; but she was a trooper letting me take a gazillion photos. ;-) Not to mention one of the carousel horses along with the skeleton moved and made noises when you walked by!


Friday night we ventured out to enjoy the park after checking in. The ride in the back is top thrill dragster, one of Hayley's favorites.


They had a lot of neat displays around the park.


One thing we were not aware of, is the creepy clowns, etc. that walked around at night to scare you. It was ok for adults and older kids, but Kathleen was truly scared and wanted to leave. Hayley was trying to help keep her mind off it and at one point carried Kathleen on her back. She's such a great big sister. :-)


I met so many truly amazing people at this conference. Great speakers and everyone so willing to share and help each other out. I was taking lots of notes and just letting all the great info sink in.


Staying at hotel Breakers we got to enjoy the lake in the afternoons and early morning. So beautiful and peaceful there.






The rooms were nice as well :-)


I received a swag bag of goodies, as well as tickets to cedar point for each day. Since we have season passes already, we gave ours away to other families to enjoy the day. A few we picked at random at the front gate and the look on their faces was priceless. If I were rich, I'd spend every day making a difference and bringing a smile to someone's face.





Inside the hotel was TOMO an awesome Hibachi grill. This is the first time we've ever been to one and we all really enjoyed it!




This was the decoration that moved so Kathleen was ready to run!!


These pumpkins sang songs inside Cedar Point park.




Hayley is taking after me and always has a camera in her hand!






Kathleen loved the arcade and games, she did quite well! She's been saving her change for months!!


Love these gorgeous clouds I captured, like fire rolling through the sky...




The day we left we saw this sign at the front, wish I would have known that before Friday evening for Kathleen......



This was a graveyard of old coasters they used to have at the park, they had ridden the Mantis just last year.


And the new one coming out in 2016!!!!



One of her favorite prizes... ;-)



They have a neat little petting zoo area in the back of the park and being the animal lovers we are we had to check it out!



Mining for jewels... always a favorite thing to do!




There were a lot of creepy photos throughout the hotel.... if you love Halloween and being scared, you'll love Cedar Point park this time of year.



To everyone I was able to meet and speak with at BloggyCon 2015, thank you for all the suggestions and for being so amazing!! We had a wonderful time and definitely plan to return for BloggyCon2016!!!



                                                                              Blessings,
                                                                                    Jill

12 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Jill, what a wonderful, exciting adventure for you all!!!!
I am so happy yo got to experience it...And I am loving the new look here!!!! : )
Welcome home, and happy fall!

~ Noelle said...

Oh, now that looks like a great conference to attend :)
So glad you all had so much fun!!!!!

Stephanie said...

Looks like you had a blessed time and adventure with your precious family :) What a joy for all of you.

Happy fall, dear Jill!

Gina said...

Jill, what great pictures! It certainly is halloween there. Love all the pumpkins! Some of the other things are a little scary.

I was struggling with the WP blog so I'm back to blogger. :-)

Amy at love made my home said...

It looks and sounds as though you all had a great time!! I see that you have already been changing up your blog look, it is lovely as always! Nice to have a change isn't it. xx

Julie said...

This was awesome Jill. And I have decided one of the most favorite things I love about you and all. You let Kathleen be little. I'm not sure that's exactly what I mean, but she's the littlest, the little sister and she gets to be that. No hurrying to grow up. I don't think I am making sense but I hope you understand. I love that you guys do all these things as a family. There is so much the girls are learning along the way and doing it as a family....well it's wonderful.
Your conference sounded terrific.
Take care and have a blessed rest of the week. Thanks for sharing.

Beth Ann said...

Oh I LOVE all of your fabulous pictures! And I do remember seeing you there! Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog this morning! It means a lot! IT was such a great conference and I learned so much. Great to share the things we learned with others, isn't it? And wasn't Cedar Point fabulous decorated? Loved it all. Thanks again for stopping by It's Just Life! I truly appreciate it!

Carrie B. said...

OH what great fun Jill!! I loved pouring over every photo! I love seeing all kinds of Fall and Halloween inspired decorations like that. One of my favorite trips was going to Disneyland in the Fall and seeing all of their decorations: especially the vintage Autumn ones in the pioneer part of the park!

I would have been with Kathleen and not wanted anything spooking me - especially the clowns. Creepy clowns are the WORST!!

Looks like such a great place and like you had such fun and got some great inspiration. Thanks so much for sharing!
xoxo

Carrie B. said...

PS: LOVE the new look of your blog!! :)

Vee said...

Lots of beautiful photos! I'm with Kathleen...I do not like Halloween nor any of the things that go with it. I can't believe that they would charge $8 not to be scared. Crazy. (And pretty early to be decorating for something that happens on the 31st of October.) Love most especially the ship and sky and water...gorgeous photo.

Kelli said...

It looks like you had a wonderful trip! I really enjoyed looking at all your pictures of your beautiful family....
Enjoy your day!

aimee said...

What a great beach and hotel! I would love to see the Great Lakes in person one of these days. Looks like you had a lot of fun:)
Blessings, Aimee