Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Blood Moon Lunar Eclipse


There are perks to living in the country, like a clear sky for taking pictures of the eclipse. While I didn't get to see as much of the red as I would have liked, I did get some pretty cool photos and a few with dark clouds just in time for Halloween! LOL.

I could provide lots of information, but I found researching NASA's website with Kathleen, pretty interesting. Click the link here then in the search box type in Total Eclipse of the Harvest Moon and there is a video to watch. Plus you can research more articles. It's quite interesting! If you are a homeschooler, this is a fantastic site to explore with your children. :-)

Here is a collection of my photos......


















Yes, in the country we still ride our bikes at night, and that explains her bunny helmet... lol


Love this one.... my camera has an awesome zoom feature and I leaned against Jerry's truck to steady my arms for the picture.










                                                                         Blessings,
                                                                              Jill

5 comments:

Wendi said...

You took some great close ups! It was lots of fun watching this.

Tara said...

Okay, your pictures are awesome and the only ones I've seen. I was asleep when it arrived. Oops!

Amy at love made my home said...

Incredible photographs!!! xx

Mandisa said...

Jill, you took some great pictures! I watched the entire Lunar eclipse/ Supermoon from the time it began at around 7pm(cst) until the time it ended at around midnight. I kept going outside to look every 30 minutes or so, like the big kid that I am! I got a chance to see it start off as bright and yellow then go to red, to almost black, to yellow again. It was pretty awesome.

My camera is packed away somewhere so I tried to take pictures with my cell phone's camera but they didn't come out too great. They were definitely NOT blog worthy so I didn't post them, lol.

~ Noelle said...

great pictures!
It was too cloudy here to see anything