Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Hayley's Freshman Homecoming


It's still hard to believe that my "little" girl is old enough to be going to her freshman homecoming dance this year. She had a busy week last week as a member of student council and yearbook club (to name a few). She was there decorating, setting up, organizing and more. She asked Jerry if he could make a bench for the pictures to make it more magical with their theme and of course he said yes. :-)

He spent a couple weeks cutting, sanding, building etc. until he got the bench the way he wanted it. At one point air bubbles showed up after drying with the epoxy.... well he couldn't have that, lol, so he resanded the whole bench and recoated it. We think he did an awesome job as he always does with all his projects. The teachers and the kids at school enjoyed it also.


Early on Saturday morning I drove Hayley down to the salon to get her nails done. Later in the day I did her hair and makeup. No deer makeup for that day!


Hayley loves everything vintage and when she saw this style of dress she knew she had to have it. It's a Jessica McClintock and it was absolutely perfect on her. She looked so beautiful, elegant and so grown up! Definitely doesn't look like a 14 year old!


She also wore low heels for the first time.... *sigh* I remember those days all too well....



She went with a whole group of friends to dinner and the dance, both boys and girls and they had a wonderful time! Since I didn't have a chance to ask all the parents if I could post pictures I am not including them in my post. But I definitely had to document this moment.....   :-) Looking forward to the rest of her high school days and dances and achievements!


             As always a favorite song of mine that I always tell the girls I dedicate to them.
             Enjoy every single day of life.....cherish it, treasure it, embrace it! Love you Hayley.


                                                                         Blessings,
                                                                                Jill

13 comments:

McVal said...

AWE!!!! She's beautiful! She's going to have such a great year!

~ Noelle said...

So pretty!!!
I bet she had a great time!

Beatrice Euphemie said...

She looks lovely! Such an exciting time! Love the bench :) xo Karen

Katie Clooney said...

She looks positively gorgeous! The bench is beautiful and what a fabulous keepsake! Enjoy your week!

NanaDiana said...

She is just beautiful, Jill, and definitely looks older than 14! How fast they grow up. I think it is hard on kids that look more mature than their age---more is expected of them and they are given the allowances that should accompany their age. She is gonna be a smasher when she is grown! xo Diana

Gina said...

Hayley is gorgeous! That dress looks so sweet on her and her hair and makeup is perfect!

Amy at love made my home said...

Hayley looks beautiful! Her dress is gorgeous isn't it! The bench is fabulous too! xx

Sonya Ann said...

YOur hubs is such a good dad!
And she is stunning! Love, love, love the dress.

Nonnie said...

Oh yes! You definitely had to post it. Hayley looks beautiful and I always liked Jessica McClintock dresses. I'm sure she had a wonderful time and felt like a princess!

Nonnie said...

I failed to mention the bench. Your husband is terrific.

Carrie B. said...

Hayley looks so gorgeous! I loved seeing the IG photos too & I just LOVE her dress!! I bet she had a blast. Such fun those high school days used to be. ::sigh:: Now we watch our "babies" go off & have the fun.
Thanks for sharing. Xo

Tara said...

Haley, you are absolutely stunning! That DRESS!!!! So perfect for you... I just love it. Hope it's the first of so many wonderful dressed up memories!

Camille said...

I love her hair (I know I've said it before, but it bears repeating)....so pretty. Hugs! Camille