Tuesday, November 3, 2015

American Girl Days, Making Memories


I often say how quickly our little ones grow up.... so in my posts I try to capture all the moments I can. Both my girls have enjoyed the American girl dolls and the story books that come along with them. The library we found here is amazing! I love all the programs they offer and we visit there a lot even though it's a 45 minute drive one way. Great way to learn, interact and meet new friends.
This particular program was about the doll of 2015, Mary Ellen. Kathleen dressed similar to one of her American Girl dolls which of course also gets to come along :-)



I matched their hairstyles the best I could and embraced the joy on her face as I did it for her.


       They did a lot of neat activities, crafts, had a raffle and some snacks along with social time!


A few remnants from that era were displayed! What a cool time in history the 1950's were! I love vintage things anyway, so this is always interesting to me to see other people's pieces of history. The instructor's mom donated a lot of items for the class, like her yearbook, dolls from back then, Girl Scout sash, etc.




     Later she was just chilling with her dolls :-) She had a great time and made lots of great memories.
These little tidbits of the days of our lives are what being a parent is all about. I love being able to go back and remember all the good times through out their child hood. For me becoming a mom, twice... best days ever! :-)


                                                                         Blessings,
                                                                               Jill

11 comments:

Nonnie said...

That is truly special. You are so blessed to be able to do those things with your daughter. The hairstyle and matching up is adorable. I loved the 50's and remember those things in your photo. I had completely forgotten about the Ponytail items. Brought back memories of autograph books and photo albums and poodle skirts over our can-cans ... or petticoats. What a great post of your daughter's joy with her dolls.

Billie Jo said...

Indeed! That looks like so much fun!!!
I would have loved to join you.
Have a cozy evening, my friend!

McVal said...

:) What a cutie and her dolls! My girls used to be so into American Girl dolls but then Maddy went and read a book about a doll that came to life. So now they freak her out. We had to pack them all away. Their kids will enjoy them some day...

Linda said...

I regret digital cameras were not around forty years ago when I could have caught more memories of my children. your daughter is beaming with pride, and I don't blame her.

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Looks like a wonderful evening to share with your daughter! Love the pretty hairstyle and sweet outfit! I have two daughters - one who loved dolls and one who loved horses. I still have all the dolls and kept the ponies until the end. I wish the American Girl dolls were around when my daughter was young. Such a wonderful way to experience history. Very sweet photos of a special night. x Karen

Susie Bryant said...

This looks great! My daughter loves AG dolls, and does the currclick American Girl Club online classes as well. xx

Carrie B. said...

So sweet Jill! Annie had an American Girl Doll, but when she wasn't playing with it very often anymore she donated it (& other items) to a family we know that is less fortunate. I think they're wonderful dolls and stories! I just love what your library did - how fun!! YOu are just the coolest Mom around. ;)

Blessings. xoxo

NanaDiana said...

Those are the best days ever, Jill. It is so nice to see little girls that are still "little girls"..that they are being pushed to grow up and dress "older" or wear lipstick or worry about their hair. My daughter has let her little girls be just that- little girls and it really is a blessing. I see some little girls that are like little adults and I often think they have lost a lot of the innocence and joy of childhood.
Your Kathleen is just a dear...a sweet little girl- you can see it in her face! xo Diana

Gina said...

Such sweet pictures! Kathleen has a beautiful smile! My third daughter still loves her American Dolls. She has a Josephina and a Bitty Baby.

aimee said...

Dolls are great! Love Kethleen's hairstyles--very, very pretty!
Blessings, Aimee

Laura {a spoonful of joy} said...

Growing up my American girl doll Kirsten (I think they have now discontinued her) was my best friend. She went everywhere with me. So these photos touched my heart. I love all the effort you made to be sure they matched and I'll bet your daughter will always remember those details too. What a great library for making history so fun!